Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-17-2020, 10:09 PM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
LT1 TR6060 confirmed.

I love the transmission. Even with the stock LT1/SS shifter it shifts better than anything I have driven before my 2013 1LE. Including a stout 351 Falcon with a top loader and a Hurst Competition PLus.

Even though I have owned a gen6 loaded 2SS and A10 ZL1, this LT1 is my favorite Camaro ever. Partly because it is a sleeper. Everyone looks at the car and people who know something about Camaros see the badge and wonder what it is. Now if I could only drive to a fun destination.......

I guess we are all feeling that. Any modern Camaro is a blast to drive. But we have to be happy with solo trips and mostly staying in the car.

Hang in there, we can all get through it.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:15 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan01 View Post
I completely agree. I just changed mine at 1500 miles with :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I was shocked how much better it felt.
Good tip. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:23 AM   #17
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Well that's #3 confirmed 6060.

Evidently, Hurst is full of crap. Thank you everyone for your time to sort this out!
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:42 AM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Well that's #3 confirmed 6060.

Evidently, Hurst is full of crap. Thank you everyone for your time to sort this out!
Don't believe everything you read on a web site, mistakes are often made. That's why, when it comes to important stuff like this, I like to do it the old fashioned way and pick up the phone and talk to people.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:54 AM   #19
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Don't believe everything you read on a web site, mistakes are often made. That's why, when it comes to important stuff like this, I like to do it the old fashioned way and pick up the phone and talk to people.
Hence the thread...

Obviously there was a hard time believing it because the shifter wasn't blindly ordered (even though it is plausible) to have a 3160 behind the LT1. The GT350 uses that tranny.

Kinda like you suggested, I did it the new fangled way and talked to people who actually have the cars in their possession via the internet.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:11 AM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Hence the thread...

Obviously there was a hard time believing it because the shifter wasn't blindly ordered (even though it is plausible) to have a 3160 behind the LT1. The GT350 uses that tranny.

Kinda like you suggested, I did it the new fangled way and talked to people who actually have the cars in their possession via the internet.
Just to be clear, I didn't mean any sarcasm or anything like that. This is what Forums are for, and it's a good and valid thread and question. I just meant that in a situation like this, before I actually order, I would call Hurst and clarify. Heck, if anything it might bring to light the confusion on their page.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #21
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Just to be clear, I didn't mean any sarcasm or anything like that. This is what Forums are for, and it's a good and valid thread and question. I just meant that in a situation like this, before I actually order, I would call Hurst and clarify. Heck, if anything it might bring to light the confusion on their page.