Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #29
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Wish the fusion would stop copying the Mustang. I liked it better when it had its own identity.

Last edited by motorhead; 10-02-2016 at 11:53 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #30
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
The next gen Regal GS is rumored to have a Turbo V6. With AWD this would be the Fusion killer. Stay tuned, I don't think GM is out of this race yet... Keep in mind, the $34k Fusion is lacking amenities. Like with so many cars you can option the thing to $38k+ if you want to drag it kicking an screaming into entry luxury level trim. The Malibu also gets expensive in this regards. But neither have adaptive suspension or any sport mode calibration, which a lot of buyers of this type car would likely want.

All that said, the Fusion makes a very compelling case as a mid sized, AWD vehicle. Let's see how the reviewers and time (production/quality control issues) pan out. Never buy first model year! lol

[Fwiw, a tuned current model Regal GS with the LTG 2.0T can put down 300hp/340tq, with AWD it's a decent comparable... unfortunately the cost on the GS is several thousand more than the Fusion, and at stock the 2.0T in the GS isn't enough to be competitive on paper]
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #31
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wish the fusion would stop copying the Mustang. I liked it better when it had its own identity.

ewwww
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #32
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
The next gen Regal GS is rumored to have a Turbo V6. With AWD this would be the Fusion killer. Stay tuned, I don't think GM is out of this race yet... Keep in mind, the $34k Fusion is lacking amenities. Like with so many cars you can option the thing to $38k+ if you want to drag it kicking an screaming into entry luxury level trim. The Malibu also gets expensive in this regards. But neither have adaptive suspension or any sport mode calibration, which a lot of buyers of this type car would likely want.

All that said, the Fusion makes a very compelling case as a mid sized, AWD vehicle. Let's see how the reviewers and time (production/quality control issues) pan out. Never buy first model year! lol

[Fwiw, a tuned current model Regal GS with the LTG 2.0T can put down 300hp/340tq, with AWD it's a decent comparable... unfortunately the cost on the GS is several thousand more than the Fusion, and at stock the 2.0T in the GS isn't enough to be competitive on paper]
It's not a first year car technically. Car has been out since '13, AWD has been a option since '13, and the 2.7 EcoBoost has been in the F-150 for a few years...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #33
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
It's not a first year car technically. Car has been out since '13, AWD has been a option since '13, and the 2.7 EcoBoost has been in the F-150 for a few years...
Good point!
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #34
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
The 2.7 EB was introduced with the 2015's with the generation switch.

I think 2017 is a refresh year for the Fusion, so yeah..not all new, but a pretty major upgrade.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #35
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The 2.7 EB was introduced with the 2015's with the generation switch.
Yes, hence why I said it has been around a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I think 2017 is a refresh year for the Fusion, so yeah..not all new, but a pretty major upgrade.
Very mild refresh actually. Not a major upgrade by any means. New headlights, new bumper, new shifter, two new trim levels, that's it basically except for a few other minor things...95% of the car is the same.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #36
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I don't find that to be a good looking car at all. At least when they were shamelessly stealing the Aston Martin nose it looked good. The Malibu is a better looking car for sure. Maybe this will push GM to respond.
That would be awesome. Competition would only make each one better. But I don't really see this occuring since we have yet to see Competition for the FiST, FoST , FoRS , or Raptor.

These uber-niche style products just don't seem to be on the GM radar. Which from a ROI POV is understandable, however on the other side of that coin they do draw a lot of potential buyers to showrooms, even if they leave with a "lesser" version.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #37
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Eh...I wouldn't call the Focus ST or the Fiesta ST "uber niche" ...they're solidly in the hot-hatch segment which is fairly well populated (or at least it used to be). The Focus RS is right there with the WRX STI and the outgoing Evo.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
What flavor ford kook-aid do you drink?

Fusion:

Aston Martin:

That's the same grill!! Lol

You do realize ford still owned Aston Martin when they "redesigned" the fusion?
Are you talking about the opening, or the mesh behind it? Doesn't matter, because neither is the same as the other.

The mesh on the the Fusion made up of completely horizontal elements, where as the Aston Martin uses widely spaced vertical elements. Since at least one difference exists, they are not the same. Similar? Absolutely. Same? Nope.

Now for the opening. On the Ford, the upper opening is made up of nearly straight elements, generally meeting in fairly sharp corners (except for the lower outside corners which are a bit more rounded). The lower opening is trapezoidal with the outer edges seeming to follow the lower-outer edges of the upper grill. The Aston Martin is much curvier. The upper edge is a curve and it dips down in a sort of S-curve under the headlights before wrapping around the outer edge and going across the bottom. Again, the shape is similar, but it is not the same.

Also, Ford sold Aston Martin in March 2007 (they started looking for buyers mid 2006). The Fusion redesign was shown in 2012. Prior to that, it still had the 3 wide slats on the grille that were on practically all Fords at the time. Typically, a car takes about 3 years to go from design to production, give or take a few months. 4 years is considered a long time, and 5 (which is what it would have taken in order for Ford to have owned Aston Martin while designing the new Fusion) pretty much doesn't happen for mass market cars. And even if there was any preliminary work being done on the new Fusion in early 2007, it would have been basic engineering stuff to develop a new platform for it -not front fascia styling.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #39
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
I'm actually picking up mine tomorrow. MSRP $35445 and with rebates and discounts I got it to $30500. I think that's a pretty good deal on a brand new 17
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #40
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Let me know how you like it! None of my local dealers had one in stock yet the last time I checked.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #41
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Neat car. I have a feeling it will severely underperform from factory.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #42
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
I've been trying to touch up on my ecoboost knowledge. I read somewhere that they will only do full boost (like 16-17 psi) in first gear and then drop to like 10 in the rest of the gears. Is that true?
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote