Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #15
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
We have the 2016 Malibu 2.0 turbo. Fully loaded at 36K and it is the nicest car we've ever owned. Shopped against the SS with all the options at 50K. We ended up with the Malibu at half the payment since it leased well. I would have considered this Fusion, but they look and feel too small. My wife actually didn't like the SS back seats and we used to own a G8. The Malibu feels like a limo in comparison and I'd sit in the back seat (6'3") in comfort.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #16
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't over due it, as I don't see too many heavy duty aftermarket parts coming out for this car. But some of the F-150 aftermarket parts should carry over as it uses the same engine. I think this will be quicker than a SHO stock to stock due to the weight difference. I think I read the SHO weighs like 500 pounds more, and it only has a 40 hp advantage.
Yeah I think the aftermarket for this Fusion will be very small. If some parts off of the F150 fit then it might be able to handle more power seeing as those components are probably beefed up a bit to handle some towing and hauling.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
We have the 2016 Malibu 2.0 turbo. Fully loaded at 36K and it is the nicest car we've ever owned. Shopped against the SS with all the options at 50K. We ended up with the Malibu at half the payment since it leased well. I would have considered this Fusion, but they look and feel too small. My wife actually didn't like the SS back seats and we used to own a G8. The Malibu feels like a limo in comparison and I'd sit in the back seat (6'3") in comfort.
I've sat many times in the back of a Fusion and a new Malibu, friend has one, the Fusion definitely has more room back there. I'm a tall guy too...

Funny you think the Fusion looks smaller, I find that to my eyes the Malibu looks smaller. But that doesn't bother me either way.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:17 PM   #18
jdasnt3

Quote:
I've sat many times in the back of a Fusion and a new Malibu, friend has one, the Fusion definitely has more room back there. I'm a tall guy too...

Funny you think the Fusion looks smaller, I find that to my eyes the Malibu looks smaller. But that doesn't bother me either way.
A 2016 Malibu? Not the same as the older ones. I've rented Fusions and don't feel the same way as you do.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #19
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
The nose was not "stolen" from Aston Martin as so many think. Look at a late 60's Mustang, same basic shape...Ford even said years back that that is where the inspiration came from. Regardless, it did look good for a sedan for sure.
What flavor ford kook-aid do you drink?

Fusion:

Aston Martin:

That's the same grill!! Lol

You do realize ford still owned Aston Martin when they "redesigned" the fusion?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #20
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
A 2016 Malibu? Not the same as the older ones. I've rented Fusions and don't feel the same way as you do.
Yes, 2016.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post

That's the same grill!!
*grille.

So you equate two grilles with roughly the same shape as being the exact same? That's like saying all cars look a like since they have four wheels.

The inspiration came from the '68 Shelby from what I read, which used the double grille look before Aston Martin did. I see inspiration from both cars. Both of which are not exactly cars that you would complain about cribbing design elements from though...

Bottom line is I don't really care either way lol...
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #22
jdasnt3

Quote:
Yes, 2016.
I just looked up the specs. They are pretty much identical in interior room. One will be a couple tenths of an inch better in one dimension and then the other will be a couple tenths of an inch better in another dimension. Good to know, and I now I learned that size wise they are comparable.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #23
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
I just looked up the specs. They are pretty much identical in interior room. One will be a couple tenths of an inch better in one dimension and then the other will be a couple tenths of an inch better in another dimension. Good to know, and I now I learned that size wise they are comparable.
There both nice cars, they blow away the 200.

IMO, they are the nicest moderately priced mid sized sedans an American manufacturer has made maybe ever.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #24
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Quote:
*grille.

So you equate two grilles with roughly the same shape as being the exact same? That's like saying all cars look a like since they have four wheels.

The inspiration came from the '68 Shelby from what I read, which used the double grille look before Aston Martin did. I see inspiration from both cars. Both of which are not exactly cars that you would complain about cribbing design elements from though...

Bottom line is I don't really care either way lol...
The "nose" meaning the look of the front end. The Shelby looks good, but not that similar to the other 2. Either way, it was too much alike.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #25
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
What is wrong with looking like an Aston Martin?

Complaining about that is like saying you wouldn't date someone because they look like Kate Moss.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #26
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

It's called "pretentious" among other things. I'm sure Fusion owners liked the similarities more than the Aston owners.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #27
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
What is wrong with looking like an Aston Martin?

Complaining about that is like saying you wouldn't date someone because they look like Kate Moss.
I totally agree. Ford did a good job with the new Fusion and raised the bar for American mainstream mid sized sedans. It made the Malibu look beyond bland...unlike some others on this forum I have no brand loyalty or bias. I'll give credit where credit is due.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #28
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Yes, the Malibu should look like a 7 Series BMW next. That'll raise the bar higher.