Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #15
jdasnt3

 
jdasnt3's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 1,722
We have the 2016 Malibu 2.0 turbo. Fully loaded at 36K and it is the nicest car we've ever owned. Shopped against the SS with all the options at 50K. We ended up with the Malibu at half the payment since it leased well. I would have considered this Fusion, but they look and feel too small. My wife actually didn't like the SS back seats and we used to own a G8. The Malibu feels like a limo in comparison and I'd sit in the back seat (6'3") in comfort.
__________________
16 Red Hot 2SS A8: NPP, CAI Cold air, Ported TB, Fasterproms Ported intake, E85 flex, Formatto tuned. 11.80@118 with 1.92 60' (600-700 DA) on stock run flats.
jdasnt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:51 PM   #16
xc_SS/RS


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: somewhere in MD
Posts: 4,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't over due it, as I don't see too many heavy duty aftermarket parts coming out for this car. But some of the F-150 aftermarket parts should carry over as it uses the same engine. I think this will be quicker than a SHO stock to stock due to the weight difference. I think I read the SHO weighs like 500 pounds more, and it only has a 40 hp advantage.
Yeah I think the aftermarket for this Fusion will be very small. If some parts off of the F150 fit then it might be able to handle more power seeing as those components are probably beefed up a bit to handle some towing and hauling.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
We have the 2016 Malibu 2.0 turbo. Fully loaded at 36K and it is the nicest car we've ever owned. Shopped against the SS with all the options at 50K. We ended up with the Malibu at half the payment since it leased well. I would have considered this Fusion, but they look and feel too small. My wife actually didn't like the SS back seats and we used to own a G8. The Malibu feels like a limo in comparison and I'd sit in the back seat (6'3") in comfort.
I've sat many times in the back of a Fusion and a new Malibu, friend has one, the Fusion definitely has more room back there. I'm a tall guy too...

Funny you think the Fusion looks smaller, I find that to my eyes the Malibu looks smaller. But that doesn't bother me either way.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:17 PM   #18
jdasnt3

 
jdasnt3's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I've sat many times in the back of a Fusion and a new Malibu, friend has one, the Fusion definitely has more room back there. I'm a tall guy too...

Funny you think the Fusion looks smaller, I find that to my eyes the Malibu looks smaller. But that doesn't bother me either way.
A 2016 Malibu? Not the same as the older ones. I've rented Fusions and don't feel the same way as you do.
__________________
16 Red Hot 2SS A8: NPP, CAI Cold air, Ported TB, Fasterproms Ported intake, E85 flex, Formatto tuned. 11.80@118 with 1.92 60' (600-700 DA) on stock run flats.
jdasnt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #19
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 3,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
The nose was not "stolen" from Aston Martin as so many think. Look at a late 60's Mustang, same basic shape...Ford even said years back that that is where the inspiration came from. Regardless, it did look good for a sedan for sure.
What flavor ford kook-aid do you drink?

Fusion:



Aston Martin:



That's the same grill!! Lol

You do realize ford still owned Aston Martin when they "redesigned" the fusion?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #20
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
A 2016 Malibu? Not the same as the older ones. I've rented Fusions and don't feel the same way as you do.
Yes, 2016.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post



That's the same grill!!
*grille.

So you equate two grilles with roughly the same shape as being the exact same? That's like saying all cars look a like since they have four wheels.

The inspiration came from the '68 Shelby from what I read, which used the double grille look before Aston Martin did. I see inspiration from both cars. Both of which are not exactly cars that you would complain about cribbing design elements from though...

Bottom line is I don't really care either way lol...
Attached Images
 
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #22
jdasnt3

 
jdasnt3's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Yes, 2016.
I just looked up the specs. They are pretty much identical in interior room. One will be a couple tenths of an inch better in one dimension and then the other will be a couple tenths of an inch better in another dimension. Good to know, and I now I learned that size wise they are comparable.
__________________
16 Red Hot 2SS A8: NPP, CAI Cold air, Ported TB, Fasterproms Ported intake, E85 flex, Formatto tuned. 11.80@118 with 1.92 60' (600-700 DA) on stock run flats.
jdasnt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #23
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
I just looked up the specs. They are pretty much identical in interior room. One will be a couple tenths of an inch better in one dimension and then the other will be a couple tenths of an inch better in another dimension. Good to know, and I now I learned that size wise they are comparable.
There both nice cars, they blow away the 200.

IMO, they are the nicest moderately priced mid sized sedans an American manufacturer has made maybe ever.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #24
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 3,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
*grille.

So you equate two grilles with roughly the same shape as being the exact same? That's like saying all cars look a like since they have four wheels.

The inspiration came from the '68 Shelby from what I read, which used the double grille look before Aston Martin did. I see inspiration from both cars. Both of which are not exactly cars that you would complain about cribbing design elements from though...

Bottom line is I don't really care either way lol...
The "nose" meaning the look of the front end. The Shelby looks good, but not that similar to the other 2. Either way, it was too much alike.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #25
Iron Lung Jimmy

 
Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,278
What is wrong with looking like an Aston Martin?

Complaining about that is like saying you wouldn't date someone because they look like Kate Moss.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #26
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 3,076
It's called "pretentious" among other things. I'm sure Fusion owners liked the similarities more than the Aston owners.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #27
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
What is wrong with looking like an Aston Martin?

Complaining about that is like saying you wouldn't date someone because they look like Kate Moss.
I totally agree. Ford did a good job with the new Fusion and raised the bar for American mainstream mid sized sedans. It made the Malibu look beyond bland...unlike some others on this forum I have no brand loyalty or bias. I'll give credit where credit is due.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #28
Royal Tiger
Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99 GFX Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 3,076
Yes, the Malibu should look like a 7 Series BMW next. That'll raise the bar higher.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.