Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #29
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Not entirely familiar with all of the CarPro stuff. Assume this would be the protocol:

1. Essence = M205?
2. CQuartz
3. Reload
Not sure of the actual question but substituting 205 for essence will need and additional step before applying Cquartz.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:00 PM   #30
Nor Cal ZL1

The new reload works better.
Used as a drying aid greatly reduces the streaking issues.
For whatever reason you do manage to have some they will be gone when you do the next wash.
If you catch it sooner a damp microfiber will take care of it most of the time.
Use distilled water.
Or substitute Gyeon cure. It looks the same, smells exactly the same, is very close,.probably a modified version using the same manufacturer.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:23 PM   #31
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
The new reload works better.
Used as a drying aid greatly reduces the streaking issues.
For whatever reason you do manage to have some they will be gone when you do the next wash.
If you catch it sooner a damp microfiber will take care of it most of the time.
Use distilled water.
Or substitute Gyeon cure. It looks the same, smells exactly the same, is very close,.probably a modified version using the same manufacturer.
Do you like the Gyeon better than Reload, or about the same?

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #32
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Not sure of the actual question but substituting 205 for essence will need and additional step before applying Cquartz.
What would that additional step be? Assuming a polish?
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #33
wrankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Thanks...I am real meticulous with my cars.
.....and your garage!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #34
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Do you like the Gyeon better than Reload, or about the same?
I like the Gyeon better. To be sure I need to use them side by side, but it seems a touch easier to work with. To be fair though I need to get some fresh reload for a shootout. They are really probably the same product lol.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #35
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
What would that additional step be? Assuming a polish?
With essence you can wipe off and go straight to cquartz, it is also a bonding primer.
With others you need to use either a panel spray, or IPA wipedown to remove polishing oils. Essence is a fine grade polish primer for most coatings,.as well as just using reload over the top.

The other advanatge using essence for cotings is the single wipe down removes 50% risk of marring the paint before coating application.

As far as your relaod streaking you may also want to thin the dilution a bit as well.
As above I found that as a drying aid the issues is gone for the most part, thats at a 50/50 distilled dilution as the aid. Before it gets a full cure if you notice it in time a damp micro can work as well. Your just.going to have to play around with it, dilution,.use very sparingly, and work single panels at a time. I have never had to polish it off so far. Could be how I use it, or what I am applying it on, or even weather conditions. I switched to Gyeon, and for whatever reason it seems to be a bit easier to work with, even used straight up, 0 issues with streaking.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:21 AM   #36
wrankin

Quote:
With essence you can wipe off and go straight to cquartz, it is also a bonding primer.
With others you need to use either a panel spray, or IPA wipedown to remove polishing oils. Essence is a fine grade polish primer for most coatings,.as well as just using reload over the top.

The other advanatge using essence for cotings is the single wipe down removes 50% risk of marring the paint before coating application.

As far as your relaod streaking you may also want to thin the dilution a bit as well.
As above I found that as a drying aid the issues is gone for the most part, thats at a 50/50 distilled dilution as the aid. Before it gets a full cure if you notice it in time a damp micro can work as well. Your just.going to have to play around with it, dilution,.use very sparingly, and work single panels at a time. I have never had to polish it off so far. Could be how I use it, or what I am applying it on, or even weather conditions. I switched to Gyeon, and for whatever reason it seems to be a bit easier to work with, even used straight up, 0 issues with streaking.
Great. I do use IPA after M205 and before CQuartz. I might try Reload on a black hex logic pad first just to see if I can smooth out the high spots before I polish everything off with M205. Its only a few spots so it's probably not a big job either way. My first black car has given me OCD. Thanks
Old 05-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #37
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Not entirely familiar with all of the CarPro stuff. Assume this would be the protocol:

1. Essence = M205?
2. CQuartz
3. Reload

Your process would be to do a strip wash first, to remove any waxes/sealants that are on the paint. You can use Dawn dishwashing detergent, or mix some APC in your wash bucket (3-4 oz) in a 5 gallon bucket.

Next perform the baggie test to see if your paint needs claying. The new clay alternatives work much faster then traditional clay.

If you've never done it, an iron decontamination is also a good idea. Most all US made cars are transported by rail, and sit in rail yards at some point.

Now that the surface is completely clean, do a wipe down with IPA 10-15% or Carpro Eraser.

Then polish with Essence. Follow with CQuartz and Reload. You can apply just the Reload if you don't want the CQuartz.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:11 AM   #38
SSport16

Quote:
.....and your garage!
Lol...yeah that too, and my house, and everything else...lol

Old 05-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #39
SSport16

Quote:
I like the Gyeon better. To be sure I need to use them side by side, but it seems a touch easier to work with. To be fair though I need to get some fresh reload for a shootout. They are really probably the same product lol.
Reload seems real easy to use, or at least the newer formula that I have used seems to be. Silica sprays seems much easier to use than say polymer wowa product like Crystal Seal, which is also essy to apply to me but just a little more carefulness is needed...who knows, could just be me, but I am real anal and OCD about everything so I notice things like that.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #40
SSport16

Quote:

I have been using the Ech20 and Reload mix as a drying aid when washing, works real well, think that helps with everything and makes straight up Reload application better and easier. I really like that mixture!

Old 05-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #41
SSport16

Quote:
Great. I do use IPA after M205 and before CQuartz. I might try Reload on a black hex logic pad first just to see if I can smooth out the high spots before I polish everything off with M205. Its only a few spots so it's probably not a big job either way. My first black car has given me OCD. Thanks
Bring the car down to NC, I will help you out! Looking for new clients, I have had a bunch of black cars over the years, keep saying I am done with black, but somehow I keep gravitating towards them...lol!

Old 05-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #42
wrankin

Quote:
Bring the car down to NC, I will help you out! Looking for new clients, I have had a bunch of black cars over the years, keep saying I am done with black, but somehow I keep gravitating towards them...lol!
Thanks for the offer. Assume you must be a detailer. NC is a bit far, but we do vacation in Gatlinburg and the GSMNP, but not in the Camaro. It's not big enough for our photography equipment - we are equipment junkies. Another expensive hobby!

Location in NC?