Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 06-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #477
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7 Carbon View Post
Thanks guys! During this time we are trying to see what we can do to improve the bolt hole location along with de-burring the hole locations after assembly, improve the provided hardware

Here is a rundown of the issues we are addressing right now.

- (Complaint) Bolt hole location on the rear bolt
- Pending solution: Waiting on our metal fab department to finish a revised fixture that allows for less tolerance while the holes are being drilled

- (Complaint) Inside the bolt location on visible side of the rear bases some need to be better cleaned / prep.
- Pending solution We are working with our paint and prep department to let them know about this issue. This should be fixed on all new spoilers going out from now on.

- (Complaint) Marks on the paint / finish
- Pending solution: We are going to better package each part of the spoiler and separate the 4 pieces provided. We believe that during transit the bases and the main wing must be hitting a little and making some of the small nicks and marks that some customers have posted about. Our QC dept would never let a product leave the factory with any marks or chips in the finish.

Summary:
We are really close to having this product dialed in, we have had a few hiccups along the way since its a new product and the bases are small but very complex to fabricate. There are 18 molds for the bases! Being able to build the bases slightly thicker and wider allows for the bases to spread the overall weight load of the rear spoiler across more surface area of the rear trunk. So while they may be a little bit more complicated to build this way, we do believe that it is the best way to fabricate them to help distribute the downforce load provided to the trunk.

The main wing itself has been very straight forward and no current issues to address or revisions planned.

We just want to thank everyone for there input! We design our products based on community input and if needed like this product we will also revise and fix any issues based on the community input
The only thing that bothers me is I feel kind of cheated like a guinea pig and new customers will benefit from my struggles. Now, I'm left with an inferior product and all these new guys will be getting better fitting ones with no flaws. Can you do anything about that? Can you offer a replacement AFTER you perfect the process? I've already sold off my stock spoiler, so I cannot send you this one back and be driving around like a half-assed Civic with 6 bullet-sized holes whistling Dixie in the wind as I blaze down the highway.

What can you do for us?
Old 06-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #478
C7 Carbon

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by H(.)(.)ters View Post
The only thing that bothers me is I feel kind of cheated like a guinea pig and new customers will benefit from my struggles. Now, I'm left with an inferior product and all these new guys will be getting better fitting ones with no flaws. Can you do anything about that? Can you offer a replacement AFTER you perfect the process? I've already sold off my stock spoiler, so I cannot send you this one back and be driving around like a half-assed Civic with 6 bullet-sized holes whistling Dixie in the wind as I blaze down the highway.

What can you do for us?
The only changes are cosmetic to the bases.. And as far as being part of the initial purchases.. You should see what the pricing of these spoilers are now
Old 06-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #479
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Sorry guys I bailed, went with another vendor. I will say they stand behind their word, refunded me the full amount the same day I requested...
Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #480
C7 Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
Sorry guys I bailed, went with another vendor. I will say they stand behind their word, refunded me the full amount the same day I requested...
No worries, hopefully we can see ya in the future with one of our other products

** Updated ** Huge batch of wings shipping next week
Old 06-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #481
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
I would just like to follow up on my recent issues with the spoilers I have received and say that I am extremely impressed with C7 Carbon's efforts to make me happy and reconcile the issues. I was personally contacted by Ryan, one of the owners today and can honestly say that you are in very good hands should you decide to spend your money with C7 Carbon regardless of production issues, they will go out of their way to make it right.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #482
Technium

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
My experience with the ZL1 1LE Spoiler.

Here’s mine. Only complaint is a visible fault in the paint like dirt beneath and no answer from C7 Carbon after I send them the Images. Also the Installation was not easy because the OEM hardware doesn’t fit, I broke one of the threads because I tried the OEM Nuts..one size bigger for this spoiler an they are not delivered in the package. I had only washers with it. So I had to search to find 1/4 20" Nuts. Over all not so happy but now it’s on the car. It looks very good just the fault in the paint is an eyesore. Greetings from Luxembourg 👋🏻
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #483
C7 Carbon

Your car looks amazing!!! Thank you for the pics and we will get ya another wing asap.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #484
Technium

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Reply to C7 Carbon

Thanks for your kind compliments about my car.
It’s your wing that makes the car look perfect. The wing is well designed.
If you send me a new wing...your customer support an overall are on top. The Paint Crack is very visible and I still have the broken threat because of the bad install information and the wrong not fitting oem nuts. It‘s just fixed with 5 nuts for now. It could be a perfect rating without these little but painful issues.
A Company that listens to their customers and try to make there products better has my full support and respect. Looking forward to hear some good news then...my order Nr. was 9414.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #485
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Looks like the intro pricing is over and I was thinking I might finally pull the trigger on a 1LE wing. I wanted to wait until all the issues were worked out. Price almost doubled though so I guess I won't be getting one as soon as I thought lol.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:

Last edited by EMTNLSS; 06-18-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #486
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7 Carbon View Post
Your car looks amazing!!! Thank you for the pics and we will get ya another wing asap.
I emailed you guys about a product idea. Would be interested to hear your response.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #487
C7 Carbon

PMs replied
Old 09-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #488
C7 Carbon

Thanks everyone for all your interest in this project! We are finally getting caught up with all our orders and just wanted to say thank you again for your patients

- A lot of people have been asking us when we will offer the spoilers again at a discounted price and we wanted to let everyone know we will be updating our website today, and we will be putting 2 new sets of molds into production next week to help speed up our supply of spoilers even more!

Lets see some pictures of customers wings installed!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #489
C7 Carbon

PMs replied
Old 09-16-2018, 01:31 PM   #490
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Guys

I just ordered my ZL1 1LE carbon wing today
47% discount offer
Back to 800$ instead of 1500....
Looking forward to have it !!!!!!