Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-29-2019, 09:41 AM   #29
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Glad to see these are being made again! I snagged one from Phastek before they were gone, and was worried for a while that I should have bought a spare incase something ever happened to mine!

I got all my suspension stuff from Phastek as well, great place to do business with!
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #30
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott's45 View Post
Can you guys bug GM enough to make the ground effects package again? I really wish I bought it when I had the chance.
At the very least, the GFX front splitter including the installation hardware. I already have GFX and not being able to replace the front splitter that exploded when I hit road debris was very frustrating. Sometimes you can find a splitter, but it never includes the hardware for install.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:47 PM   #31
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
At the very least, the GFX front splitter including the installation hardware. I already have GFX and not being able to replace the front splitter that exploded when I hit road debris was very frustrating. Sometimes you can find a splitter, but it never includes the hardware for install.
I’d be in for a front splitter as a spare as well. I’m always paranoid I’m gonna tear mine up on a rabbit or something. That GFX package changes the whole attitude of the car and you can’t have the rest of the package without the splitter in my opinion.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:28 PM   #32
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Not that any one was worried after phastek posted, but I can reaffirm this is a real GM heritage. My hat is off to Phastek for getting these made again and my whole experience was great!
Attached Images

ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:57 PM   #33
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Not that any one was worried after phastek posted, but I can reaffirm this is a real GM heritage. My hat is off to Phastek for getting these made again and my whole experience was great!
Glad to see this and that a fellow ABM owner got a great grill. There's two bolts to remember that everyone forgets. One is right behind the side markers and the other is way thre heck up in the middle of nowhere in the top and you'll need an extension bar or two to get to it.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:21 PM   #34
Plastamasta

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Oh please please make the GFX package for 10-13 please for the love of god, I beg of you
Plastamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #35
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I’d be in for a front splitter as a spare as well. I’m always paranoid I’m gonna tear mine up on a rabbit or something. That GFX package changes the whole attitude of the car and you can’t have the rest of the package without the splitter in my opinion.
I 100% agree. I am always worried I am going to damage mine and not be able to get a replacement for it! My favorite looking splitter for these cars..I know I wouldn't like anything else as much
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #36
SRTLOL

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army of Wuzzy View Post
I would love love love to have carbon fiber interior door panels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Thanks brother... been keeping an eye out myself for years.

Phastek had them at one time but they've been discontinued looks like... why would these be discontinued!?!?! They look badass....
I have been tossing around the idea of making my own and if there was enough SERIOUS demand for them I would make a few extra sets to sell. They would be a simple black carbon fiber. I have still been trying to figure out how to do the dash trim pieces. I am still testing different epoxys.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #37
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Glad to see this and that a fellow ABM owner got a great grill. There's two bolts to remember that everyone forgets. One is right behind the side markers and the other is way thre heck up in the middle of nowhere in the top and you'll need an extension bar or two to get to it.
Good to know, my GM dovetail should be back from paint tomorrow, and my heritage should be back some time next week. I’ll probably take a Saturday afternoon really soon to mount everything up. I still need to get my stripes for the dovetail too. I still haven’t gotten the balls up to drill the quarters without a template so I think 3m is going to my buddy for that one.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #38
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Picked this up this morning... I should have the bowtie back from paint today or tomorrow. However, because of the GM strike I won’t have the bowtie mount from my local dealer for 2 more weeks.... I’m gonna put my GM dovetail and my heritage on at the same time. Can’t wait.
Attached Images

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 10-10-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #39
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTLOL View Post
I have been tossing around the idea of making my own and if there was enough SERIOUS demand for them I would make a few extra sets to sell. They would be a simple black carbon fiber. I have still been trying to figure out how to do the dash trim pieces. I am still testing different epoxys.
You've got 1 customer for sure.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #40
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
You could always get the door panels hydro dipped in carbon fiber. Not the real thing but would look darn close.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote