Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > UK

Phastek Performance

Old 04-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #29
tunstad

Drives: Camaro Fifty Edition
No Car as yet :-(

Spoke to Craig on Monday and he says the ship arrived Belgium Saturday so be another 2-3 weeks yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexstu50 View Post
You got the car yet mate?
tunstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:27 AM   #30
essexstu50

Drives: Camaro Fifty edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tharg View Post
Stu,

The mirrors fold and they have the blind spot warning sensor but they are not power fold, manual only.

The seats and mirrors are memory and the seats have the heating and cooling function.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the catch can mod, waste of time and money in my experience. Had one on my last car but search on this forum for more info on that.

I doubt if the dark rear lights will work on our cars, different wiring harness I would imagine.

The only mods I have done are cosmetic. Black bow ties (couldn't be bothered with illuminated ones as that requires the removal of the whole front of the car) and I took the awful black sticker off the boot and replaced it with a single chrome F. See photo.
cheers for the info tharg, good to know the mirrors fold in, will give a bit more breathing space going into the garage. Good to hear the seats have the heating and cooling function. How much would that cost on a BMW/Porsche?

Bow ties look good, I think I might get mine carbon fibre vinyl covered and see how that looks. Like the F badge as well. I dont want to start changing mine too much, nice to keep it original as limited edition. Apart from the supercharger kit in 3 years time of course lol
essexstu50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:42 AM   #31
essexstu50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunstad View Post
No Car as yet :-(

Spoke to Craig on Monday and he says the ship arrived Belgium Saturday so be another 2-3 weeks yet
will be worth the wait!

I thought mine was already in Europe but that cant be unless they arrived on the same boat which is possible I suppose. Think my one is the one that they had already ordered as their demonstrator.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:27 AM   #32
Badmanvan

Drives: 2017 camaro
Hey guys. Anyone ordered from Ian Allan? just wanted to find out what mileage was on the car when you picked it up?

Mine should be arriving in julyish ��
Badmanvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #33
UK Camaro

Drives: 2017 Yellow UK Spec Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmanvan View Post
Hey guys. Anyone ordered from Ian Allan? just wanted to find out what mileage was on the car when you picked it up?

Mine should be arriving in julyish ��
26 miles but that included Ian Allan taking it to have the rear window tinted and taking it for fuel before I collected it. I thought that was OK as I occasionally drive luxury cars for export at Southampton docks and some of them have more than that on them.
England
UK Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:28 AM   #34
Evil Tharg

Drives: 50th Anniversary Edition 2SS
11 miles on mine when I picked it up.
Evil Tharg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #35
Badmanvan

Drives: 2017 camaro
Cool thanks guys
Badmanvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:18 AM   #36
Freaky62

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Hey All,

Haven't been on this Forum for too long got myself added into a facebook group for the camaro and that's been good enough for me...

My car was the very first Official EU Spec car made i'm told by Germany - Looked at ordering through Ian Allen and they strung me a load of BS even though my Dad had already tried buying a Corvette C7 through them anyway, I collected mine in October 16 - Red Hot 2SS with the Auto, Mag ride, NPP. Although i've since had my car Sponsored by a exhaust manufacturer and got myself a Borla Atak Axle bag on... Great upgrade i must say.

I created a facebook group for the sixth gen in the uk here just as there wasn't another uk facebook group talking about the sixth gen.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1778...70046/?fref=nf
Freaky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #37
tunstad

What do you mean about Ian Allen? I've ordered mine through them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky62 View Post
Hey All,

Haven't been on this Forum for too long got myself added into a facebook group for the camaro and that's been good enough for me...

My car was the very first Official EU Spec car made i'm told by Germany - Looked at ordering through Ian Allen and they strung me a load of BS even though my Dad had already tried buying a Corvette C7 through them anyway, I collected mine in October 16 - Red Hot 2SS with the Auto, Mag ride, NPP. Although i've since had my car Sponsored by a exhaust manufacturer and got myself a Borla Atak Axle bag on... Great upgrade i must say.

I created a facebook group for the sixth gen in the uk here just as there wasn't another uk facebook group talking about the sixth gen.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1778...70046/?fref=nf
Old 05-05-2017, 07:31 AM   #38
Freaky62

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Hi Tunestad, (This was copied from the Facebook group for UK Sixth Gen Camaros i posted this morning).

Well it started from goodwood festival of speed, I met one trying to tell me everything about the car but when he would say you know how much horsepower it has or this and that and I answered all he's questions before he did so you would have thought he would get the idea I knew what I was talking about, told him straight I got cash to put down and he just started trying to sell it to me again and I was like buddy you're not getting the picture I've got cash to put down on one I've already decided I want it, then again just started rattling off crap salesman pitches to me so to shut him up I just said mate I've been a car salesman myself I don't need you to sell it to me... Anyway fast forward a few months and I ring him saying Hey it's dan, my dad's been in regarding one of your corvettes "oh yeah, your dad told me you wanted a camaro" so I explained the nonsense I experienced at goodwood said just tell me straight what I need to know. What's the wait time, what's the options list and how much you going to sell it to me for?... He basically tried selling me the car over the phone by this point I was getting irritated and had to raise my voice slightly with an agitated tone until he got the idea, I said mate look I have 10k I've saved up to put down and then split the rest on finance through a company that has already accepted me just tell me what I want to know. He finally said "Give me your 10k deposit now (April 16) and I'll deliver you a car in November 16, I said you're having a laugh right? I'm not giving you all my money and not having the car till November (to which the whole of the eu was delayed by two months) so the UK owners that had gone through Ian Allen didn't collect theirs until December anyway. I went to Germany and bought one because the guy didn't need to sell it to me so just said give me 2k euros now and pick it up in August (remember there was a two month delay USA end, so picked it up 1st October) absolutely no hassle and he knocked money off for me and gave me the red hot paint and black wheels for free. Ian Allen was telling me over 40 for my selection I paid 36 (with a good exchange rate). P.s. Apologies for the essay hope that helped? Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunstad View Post
What do you mean about Ian Allen? I've ordered mine through them
Freaky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:05 PM   #39
tunstad

Thanks for the essay!!

36 is a great price for what you got - have you purchased cars from Germany before? I wouldn't know where to start with that!

I haven't had issues as such with Ian Allen - I ordered the car in January but it was already on order as a demonstrator so was told it will be here mid April. The only issue I have is that I sold my car in Feb and borrowed a car on the assumption it will be here mid april (never bought a new car before) but it still isn't here and now i'm renting a car till its here. They can't give me an arrival date only that it arrived in Belgium 3 weeks ago and it should be here soon.

I'm just being impatient I suppose, I bought a few bits from Pete on here for the car - Got the bits but no car yet :-(

Quote:
Hi Tunestad, (This was copied from the Facebook group for UK Sixth Gen Camaros i posted this morning).

Well it started from goodwood festival of speed, I met one trying to tell me everything about the car but when he would say you know how much horsepower it has or this and that and I answered all he's questions before he did so you would have thought he would get the idea I knew what I was talking about, told him straight I got cash to put down and he just started trying to sell it to me again and I was like buddy you're not getting the picture I've got cash to put down on one I've already decided I want it, then again just started rattling off crap salesman pitches to me so to shut him up I just said mate I've been a car salesman myself I don't need you to sell it to me... Anyway fast forward a few months and I ring him saying Hey it's dan, my dad's been in regarding one of your corvettes "oh yeah, your dad told me you wanted a camaro" so I explained the nonsense I experienced at goodwood said just tell me straight what I need to know. What's the wait time, what's the options list and how much you going to sell it to me for?... He basically tried selling me the car over the phone by this point I was getting irritated and had to raise my voice slightly with an agitated tone until he got the idea, I said mate look I have 10k I've saved up to put down and then split the rest on finance through a company that has already accepted me just tell me what I want to know. He finally said "Give me your 10k deposit now (April 16) and I'll deliver you a car in November 16, I said you're having a laugh right? I'm not giving you all my money and not having the car till November (to which the whole of the eu was delayed by two months) so the UK owners that had gone through Ian Allen didn't collect theirs until December anyway. I went to Germany and bought one because the guy didn't need to sell it to me so just said give me 2k euros now and pick it up in August (remember there was a two month delay USA end, so picked it up 1st October) absolutely no hassle and he knocked money off for me and gave me the red hot paint and black wheels for free. Ian Allen was telling me over 40 for my selection I paid 36 (with a good exchange rate). P.s. Apologies for the essay hope that helped? Haha!
Old 05-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #40
tunstad

Have you got ur car yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexstu50 View Post
will be worth the wait!

I thought mine was already in Europe but that cant be unless they arrived on the same boat which is possible I suppose. Think my one is the one that they had already ordered as their demonstrator.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:46 AM   #41
UKCamaro2SS
Need more parking space

Drives: Camaro2SS '17,Audi A6
Quote:

I think i ordered and got my car quicker from Ian Allan than it took to write this essay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 05:03 AM   #42
essexstu50

Picked her up Saturday. 20 miles on the clock. Love it!!!! Dealer said thats it now, no more Fiftys available. Total of 9 in the UK (official cars that is).
Attached Images