Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-03-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Ugh.. why so difficult

Decision that is….
I am within a week for pulling the trigger on Magnuson. Then I’m reading the reviews on the Edelbrock, now I’m torn between the two. At first I was leaning towards Edelbrock only for the fact that I didn’t’ know nor was it advertised that Magnuson came with a tune. Now that I confirmed that I’ve been on the fence. Ugh.. All weekend I have been doing research on both. At this point Edelbroch is a bit more enticing because it’s a bit cheaper. Can those who have both please chime in and tell me which one I should go with and why??
As always, your input is appreciated.

On the side note, did any of you watch "Girls garage" over the weekend. I don't ever watch the show, but it appears that they struggled with that harmonic balancer. I was going to do this myself as a winter project, from the looks of it, Maggies instruction (of which I've read from cover to cover) Versus how those girls did it seems to be different.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
I wouldn't use a TV show as a good reference as to how to install a supercharger. lol Just go at it and I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you follow instructions and know a bit about what you're doing.

As for which one, I honestly can't tell you. I was looking at the Maggie myself but now tend to be leaning towards a Procharger. I think at this point, between the Maggie and Edelbrock, it would come down to preference. They both use the TVS 2300 (2.3L) assembly so functionally they should be very similar. It's just the design that changes a bit from there. Both seem to produce solid power (and similar power at that). Maybe someone with either one can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say pick one you like the look of because both are going to wake the car up an insane amount.

2010 2SS - Summit White - SOLD
CAI intake, Borla Atak axle-back (Summit xpipe resonator delete), custom ported TB, Texas Speed 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Catless connections

Instagram: bravomyles
BravoMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
Decision that is….
I am within a week for pulling the trigger on Magnuson. Then I’m reading the reviews on the Edelbrock, now I’m torn between the two. At first I was leaning towards Edelbrock only for the fact that I didn’t’ know nor was it advertised that Magnuson came with a tune. Now that I confirmed that I’ve been on the fence. Ugh.. All weekend I have been doing research on both. At this point Edelbroch is a bit more enticing because it’s a bit cheaper. Can those who have both please chime in and tell me which one I should go with and why??
As always, your input is appreciated.

On the side note, did any of you watch "Girls garage" over the weekend. I don't ever watch the show, but it appears that they struggled with that harmonic balancer. I was going to do this myself as a winter project, from the looks of it, Maggies instruction (of which I've read from cover to cover) Versus how those girls did it seems to be different.
I don't know that you will find anyone who owns both to do a direct comparison.

We do sell and install both and can see where it makes your decision difficult as they are both so awesome.

Personally I am a big fan of the heartbeat due to the design and the success we have had with them in our builds.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:32 PM   #4
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
From one of my previous posts:

The Maggie has a slightly taller lid, better rotor porting, bigger intercoolers, and with the inlet adapter arrangement, it is capable of accepting up to a 108mm throttle body. Other than that they are the same rotating group and have the same powertrain warranty.
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
awesome. Thanks all. I guess I have made up my mind. with in a week or so I will be purchasing the Maggie for my winter project.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:04 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
awesome. Thanks all. I guess I have made up my mind. with in a week or so I will be purchasing the Maggie for my winter project.
Congrats on your decision, Let me know If can can offer you a great price that will include a Custom tune along with the Canned tune.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
Octaneman

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
You won't regret the Maggie, we have driven it over long road trips, as far as 2500 miles with ZERO issues, makes great power, and great drivability.

Miles of smiles

Steve Eisenberg
Davenport Motorsports
Octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #8
GirlyNFG

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 w/ NPP
I did a back to back on a 6.0L engine with a TVS and a D1sc. I can tell you the Procharger was ahhhhhhmazing compared to the TVS.

That being said, pinning the crank isn't tough at all. But, I thought that our balancers were factory pinned?
28"x10.5" MT ET Drag 28"x4.5" M&H fronts
PB: 9.569 @ 151.05
GirlyNFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
toohighpsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyNFG View Post
I did a back to back on a 6.0L engine with a TVS and a D1sc. I can tell you the Procharger was ahhhhhhmazing compared to the TVS.

That being said, pinning the crank isn't tough at all. But, I thought that our balancers were factory pinned?
Maybe on the older stuff, but on Camaro SS with LT1s? We'll need some time slips to back that up. Next RedList is right around the corner.

Last edited by toohighpsi; 10-05-2016 at 07:35 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #10
GirlyNFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
Maybe on the older stuff, but on Camaro SS with LT1s? We'll need some time slips to back that up. Next RedList is right around the corner.
No way I would downgrade to a TVS now...

Redlist ticket with vip lane: purchased
Old 10-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #11
toohighpsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyNFG View Post
No way I would downgrade to a TVS now...

Redlist ticket with vip lane: purchased
Downgrade? Perhaps you forgot the results at the last Redlist?

Looks like you now have about 50 RWHP more than last time, so there should be some good runs! It was great to meet you at the last event, looking forward to chatting again and some friendly competition
Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #12
GirlyNFG

Actually, we found quite a few fueling issues at the last redlist. I havent ran it on a track for real, except for my boyfriend running it on street tire at irwindale a few thursdays ago.

Hopefully I hit the mid 10s like I want to... other wise.... ill sell the bastard and buy a damn auto HAHAHAHAHAHha
Old 10-08-2016, 06:20 AM   #13
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Don't want to muddy the waters, but I had the Procharger installed last month. The speed shop that installed it told me that while all the top rated superchargers do a great job the Procharger is the easiest to install and is reversible.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #14
toohighpsi

Every system out there is easy to install and completely reversible. I didn't know that ProCharger had CARB approval for California, do they include a powertrain warranty?