Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 12-02-2019, 08:30 PM   #29
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
Interesting, what is it about the end of the year that is bad for manufacturing?
ok, the thing is that GM is going to stop for 2 weeks(Christmas/new years) and allocations are dried up for the year
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #30
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mov Ov3r View Post
Actually I am interested to know more about this as well.
ok, the thing is that GM is going to stop for 2 weeks(Christmas/new years) and allocations are dried up for the year
Old 12-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #31
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
Still doesn’t answer the question. Are you saying that the quality of construction for cars is worse at the end of the calendar year? What do you mean “allocations are dried up”? Are there not enough parts to build the cars?
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #32
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Still doesn’t answer the question. Are you saying that the quality of construction for cars is worse at the end of the calendar year? What do you mean “allocations are dried up”? Are there not enough parts to build the cars?
I didn't mean the construction on cars are bad towards the end of the year, normally it takes 6 weeks to build a car ok, but this time of the year are the holidays(and the car will be stuck in the middle of the assembly line when they leave) it will be about 8 weeks to build and since I want a custom order(within reason/means) (allocation = car, right) I know for a fact there are no allocations being given out by GM right now.

hope it explains it

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 11-12-2020 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:00 PM   #33
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
I didn't mean the construction on cars are bad towards the end of the year, normally it takes 6 weeks to build a car ok, but this time of the year are the holidays(and the car will be stuck in the middle of assembly when they leave) it will be about 8 weeks to build and since I want a custom order(within reason/means) (allocation = car, right) I know for a fact there are no allocations being given out by GM right now.

hope it explains it
I didn’t realize you were planning to custom order. I think I understand now.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #34
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
I am not a douche and the only jerk in here is probably your mom.......And dont be a:
Okay, so he did post some weird stuff, it's unusual that someone would ask such detailed questions about Camaro trivia without owning one, and even bring various other cars into discussions.

But.

I see no reason to treat him like he's the plague or something, he wants to buy a Camaro but can't at the time, totally understandable, yet he wants to be part of the community, he posts helpful threads as well, not just questions all the time.

These taunts and jests are uncalled for, no wonder he pokes back, I wasn't as mellow at his age as I'm now either. Also, I understand the desire to keep threads on topic, maintain some quality in responses, not let trolls off everything into oblivion... but he's no cancer, he did nothing wrong IMO. A little patience would go a long way.

[MiamiBlueCamaro, sorry for only quoting one single recent post from you, this isn't against you or anything, I just don't have the energy to go through all the threads and cut 'n' paste all the other stuff]

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #35
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
I didn’t realize you were planning to custom order. I think I understand now.
its ok
Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #36
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
I didn't mean the construction on cars are bad towards the end of the year, normally it takes 6 weeks to build a car ok, but this time of the year are the holidays(and the car will be stuck in the middle of assembly when they leave) it will be about 8 weeks to build and since I want a custom order(within reason/means) (allocation = car, right) I know for a fact there are no allocations being given out by GM right now.

hope it explains it
Factory cranks out between two and three hundred Cars day. Factory puts out something like one camaro every 18 - 20 mins minutes.

If it took them six weeks to build a car, it would cost you about $1000000
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #37
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Factory cranks out between two and three hundred Cars day. Factory puts out something like one camaro every 18 - 20 mins minutes.

If it took them six weeks to build a car, it would cost you about $1000000
I know it takes no time to pump out cars out of the factory(that's final assembly) but, I think it takes them 2 weeks due to create a VIN/build order(maybe 24 hrs. to procure) dip the body, paint, prepare parts, and inspect the vehicle before shipping and about 4 weeks to ship/deliver the car(depending on the region of the country)

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 11-12-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:22 PM   #38
Zaqwert6

Quote:
I know it takes no time to pump cars out of the factory(that's final assembly) but, I think it takes them 2 weeks due to create a VIN/build order(maybe 24 hrs. to procure) dip the body, paint, prepare parts, and inspect the vehicle before shipping and about 4 weeks to ship/deliver the car(depending on the region of the country)
The car, custom order or not goes through the production line just like the rest of them. It will be one of the ones that comes out every 20 minutes or less. Reason it takes 6 weeks to get your custom order is because it takes them that long before they can actually get your order into the production stream and out for shipping.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #39
Zaqwert6

We custom-ordered my wifes BMW, and we are able to actually watch it go down the production line and get built. That was really cool. We even got a copy of the video to go with the car.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #40
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
The car, custom order or not goes through the production line just like the rest of them. It will be one of the ones that comes out every 20 minutes or less. Reason it takes 6 weeks to get your custom order is because it takes them that long before they can actually get your order into the production stream and out for shipping.
ok, in the case of mike(a.k.a. streetspeed717) he ordered a new 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax in late September and was expecting it around early November so that would put the order/production time in the 6 week time frame but due to the strike it was pushed back to early December

case in point

(skip to 6:40)

(skip to 6:20)
Old 12-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #41
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
corvette...camaro.two of chevys finest offerings.why mess with a guy because he is having trouble deciding?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:19 PM   #42
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
corvette...camaro.two of chevys finest offerings.why mess with a guy because he is having trouble deciding?
The 1979 Corvette was NOT one of Chevy’s finest offerings. And this is a 6th gen Camaro forum. Like I said a few posts ago, these cars have nothing in common. A new Toyota is faster than a ‘79 Vette.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote