Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Throttle Body/Ported Intake Manifold

I'm looking to purchase an 80mm throttle body and ported intake manifold. What will be the benefits immediately and in the future for my V6 engine? Will I notice improved exhaust sound at idle and at WOT, along with a small HP increase? And will it be especially beneficial when I eventually install a supercharger?

Thanks in advance for any information thrown my way.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:57 PM   #2
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
You'll probably see somewhere on the higher side of 10-15 hp at the wheels from the two. Your throttle response will be quite a bit better as well. That setup is especially good if you combine it with an SS cold air intake, since the intake tubing for a v6 cold air intake is smaller in diameter than the opening of the 80mm throttle body. I'm sure it will benefit you if you get a centrifugal style supercharger but I can't say how much.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Currently, I replaced the stock CAI for the K&N Typhoon. Overkill lists the need for a coupler for the newer throttle body. Would it be worthwhile to convert to an SS intake?
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #4
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCyphyr71 View Post
Currently, I replaced the stock CAI for the K&N Typhoon. Overkill lists the need for a coupler for the newer throttle body. Would it be worthwhile to convert to an SS intake?
You'd probably have to get a different coupler for the K&N intake if you were to keep that. I think it's worth it to do the SS intake - some people have done the Cold Air Inductions intake and some have done the Rotofab one. There's information about the installations on the 6th Gen v6 Facebook group. I installed the SS intake after I had an 80mm throttle body + ported manifold on the car and I definitely felt the difference.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote