#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #71
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanOne View Post
So one thing I did not see mentioned was the true cost of operating and maintaining a high performance car. The initial cost some people can reason it out into a budget, but then the secondary costs hit about 6 months late like oil changes, insurance, and the big one is tires. Once you realize the you would need to shell out 2k every year of you are putting alot of miles on it. I think people end up trading it on something more practical.
I think you are dead on with this. I had to get a daily driver. I can deal with the fuel cost and even the mileage, but the cost of replacing the tires constantly is the killer. Granted they are the supercar 3r's so they're pretty bad ware wise, and they could be swapped for something with more longevity. I still own the car tho, just dont daily drive it anymore
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #72
The Manalishi

Drives: 2018 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanOne View Post
So one thing I did not see mentioned was the true cost of operating and maintaining a high performance car. The initial cost some people can reason it out into a budget, but then the secondary costs hit about 6 months late like oil changes, insurance, and the big one is tires. Once you realize the you would need to shell out 2k every year of you are putting alot of miles on it. I think people end up trading it on something more practical.
You have a point, kind of. For normal performance cars like the Mustang and the SS Camaro yea this happens a lot. Higher priced performance cars where the ZL1 and ZLE sit towards the bottom of that scale probably not. Guys that buy Zl1/ ZLE and higher end performance cars know what they are getting into. They simply get bored and go hunting for the next toy.
The Manalishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #73
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
THANKS!

Thank you all again for the well wishes and info.
I have really been debated on just getting a 2SS now, but I look at the ZL1 and then the SS. It just is not as sexy as the ZL1. My big hang up is price. I am hoping I could find a well kept one around 45000.
Since I am looking for a used one and most of you say maintenance cost could add up over time. I get it tires and oil and other fluid changes.
Would you recommend me buying a extended warranty for other things that could go wrong?
There again this will be my daily driver.
Blackzl1Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #74
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I'm one of the lucky ones... mine was my 50th birthday present from my wife... yep, she's a keeper... no, sorry, she doesn't have a sister.
Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE A10

Hmm.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:59 AM   #75
wd40

Drives: Pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzl1Cam View Post
I have been battling cancer since July of 2018. MY dream car has been a ZL1.
As of this month I am cancer free and wanting to buy a ZL1.
I drove a 2020 SS for a week and I didn't like that the seats didn't recline enough back for me, but that was about it.
I have not driven a ZL1 yet and when I get one this will be my daily driver.
So I am curious why I am seeing them for sale with 8000 miles or less. I am now seeing some with 20000 miles.
Is there a main reason they are being sold or just impulse buying, comfort,noise,maintenance?
I do not buy cars all the time so whenever I get one I will have it till the wheels drop off.
I would like some feedback before I make this purchase.
Would you recommend a 2SS over a ZL1?
I am in the exact same position you are in. I test drove a slightly used 2019 ZL1 last week. I could not get comfortable on a test drive. Seat is very upright even in its most reclined position and for me was uncomfortable. Really bummed. I took a long test drive and could not get a decent seat position. Called the dealer and asked if there was some sort of adjustment available. No luck.
wd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:35 AM   #76
Radguy

Drives: Kia Sedona
My wife and I are both retiring in 4 years and our plan is to get a convertible, automatic (fun) retirement car. Bought a home in Florida last year as a retirement home (for the winters). Plan is to buy and keep the car in Florida. Rented a Mustang GT for a week and a Camaro SS for a week and loved them both. I could buy either. My wife and I are both motor heads and have had 27 cars all totalled in 25 years of marriage. I think our go-to car will be the ZL1. Seriously hoping that GM will release a 1LE option on the convertible automatic sometime in the next few years. No plans to track the car as we have extensively tracked a half dozen cars in the past and it's out of our blood, but we both like our cars a bit hard edged and I know that my wife would love the car with the track focus. Probably won't be able to get her out of the driver's seat (she'll likely sleep there)
Radguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:44 AM   #77
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
If you guys search there is a mod that can be done to the seat so that it can recline further. I believe there is a pin that needs to be removed and once removed allows the seat to recline further back.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #78
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE A10

Hmm.

I just saw this. Do you have a question? I'm not sure what the "hmm" means.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:29 PM   #79
liv

Drives: 2022 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shake
2SS & ZL1

Sold my 2018 2SS M6 in December because of my knee. Can't use a clutch any more. Will be purchasing a new 2019 ZL1 coupe on Monday 2/17. Either a River side Blue or a Satin Steel Gray (both A10's). Will know which color when I get to the Dealership and see both colors in person.

Good luck with your choice!!
2015 2SS/RS Coupe Commemorative Special Edition
1970 Camaro RS Coupe 3 speed
1969 Camaro SS Coupe 4 speed
liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:07 AM   #80
True_blue

Drives: 2017 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackzl1Cam View Post
Thank you all again for the well wishes and info.
I have really been debated on just getting a 2SS now, but I look at the ZL1 and then the SS. It just is not as sexy as the ZL1. My big hang up is price. I am hoping I could find a well kept one around 45000.
Since I am looking for a used one and most of you say maintenance cost could add up over time. I get it tires and oil and other fluid changes.
Would you recommend me buying a extended warranty for other things that could go wrong?
There again this will be my daily driver.
I got a manual 2017 with nav and PDR, blue with new tires for 46k if your interested. No carbon insert or sunroof. Clean texas title.
True_blue is offline   Reply With Quote