Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-26-2019, 11:26 PM   #29
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
No issues really. On the track it hard downshifts sometimes, and I bop my head on the headrest.. but it's ok
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #30
Blast2hell

Drives: 2020 ZLE Rally Green A10
I'm on my second A10 with 12k miles on the car. Not the transmission's fault in my opinion, fairly confident it was a bad service job since dealer reported it was low fluid after a bad track day. Ran fine at track events up till October 2018, and then had fluid changed. After that, wouldn't make it ten minutes into a session before it wouldn't shift like it should and bounced off limiter. Dealership/GM claimed it was fixed multiple times but refused to consider a low fluid condition could of damaged the clutch packs and tried every other way to address issue except looking at clutch packs.

End it up replacing it on my own after showing up to 4 disappointing track weekends with a worthless transmission. Taking it to Daytona this weekend for first time on new transmission, it has to work now.
Sebring Best Lap Time 2:29 Video
Roebling Road Best Lap Time 1:25 Video
Blast2hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #31
RSV4_Racer25

Drives: 2019 ZL1
On my 2019, I had an issue where it went into performance shift mode and got stuck there (first gear) haha! Even attempting to change gears manually via the paddles didn't work.

I shut off the car and fired it back up. Then everything returned to normal. This happened 1k miles ago, no incidents since.
RSV4_Racer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:43 AM   #32
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast2hell View Post
I'm on my second A10 with 12k miles on the car. Not the transmission's fault in my opinion, fairly confident it was a bad service job since dealer reported it was low fluid after a bad track day. Ran fine at track events up till October 2018, and then had fluid changed. After that, wouldn't make it ten minutes into a session before it wouldn't shift like it should and bounced off limiter. Dealership/GM claimed it was fixed multiple times but refused to consider a low fluid condition could of damaged the clutch packs and tried every other way to address issue except looking at clutch packs.

End it up replacing it on my own after showing up to 4 disappointing track weekends with a worthless transmission. Taking it to Daytona this weekend for first time on new transmission, it has to work now.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Mines been great both before and after the fluid changes. Nimnicht here in Jax is a great dealer for the Camaro and Corvettes if you needed for anything major.

Are you running Daytona with the Audi Guys? I saw it was full on Motorsport Reg. Ive been there 2x with TNiA but wanted to try with a different group. I'm signed up for the Firm on Saturday.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #33
ZLJeffrey

Drives: '19 ZL1 A10, '09 CTS-V, '09 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manalishi View Post
I will go ahead and disagree. The A8 is a steaming pile of shite. Tuned or not it still shudders, slips or bangs gears for no reason. I fixed mine by getting rid of the car. If you had a different experience, cool. But I hated it and really tried to like it.
Strongly agree! I had a '16 V3 which was recently totaled, and the primary reason I got a '19 ZL1 instead of a '19 V3 was the A10 vs. A8. All V3 owners would be much better off with the A10. The V3 is a very nice ride otherwise.
ZLJeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:30 AM   #34
Blast2hell

Drives: 2020 ZLE Rally Green A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebt6 View Post
Sorry to hear about your issues. Mines been great both before and after the fluid changes. Nimnicht here in Jax is a great dealer for the Camaro and Corvettes if you needed for anything major.

Are you running Daytona with the Audi Guys? I saw it was full on Motorsport Reg. Ive been there 2x with TNiA but wanted to try with a different group. I'm signed up for the Firm on Saturday.
I was there Saturday, transmission worked fine.
Sebring Best Lap Time 2:29 Video
Roebling Road Best Lap Time 1:25 Video
Blast2hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #35
Flsupraguy

Drives: Gt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast2hell View Post
I was there Saturday, transmission worked fine.
I was there too. What run group were you in? I was in group 3 in a white 997 gt3. What speed did you hit? I saw 177 on my speedo but gps was 171. It was my first time running Daytona. Ran a 2:05, nothing crazy but I was happy.
Flsupraguy is offline   Reply With Quote