Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 10-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Ordering a Camaro LT1

I have owned 3 5th gen Camaro and now looking towards a 3rd 6th gen

I think I have fallen for the LT1 which lets you order all of the options I want and nothing I do not want. To me also it is the best looking Camaro. But because I want most of the big options I doubt I will find an in-stock car with my specs which would be in the $39k area.

So that leaves ordering the car.

I am used to wheeling and dealing on an in-stock car and have gotten some incredible deals since I was willing to travel. But ordering kind of locks you in.

Any suggestions on getting the best deal? Also are any incentives allowed on an ordered car?

Last edited by Fraxum; 10-23-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
IMO you're far better off dealing on an existing 2020 SS, and IMO it also looks far better vs 2019 SS or the LT1, and will probably hold value better too.

I was looking at ordering a car, but as you said, deals on a car already in-stock were too good to pass up. I managed to buy a car that was ordered and not yet delivered, which was fortuitous.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I have owned 3 5th gen Camaro and now looking towards a 3rd 6th gen

I think I have fallen for the LT1 which lets you order all of the options I want and nothing I do not want. To me also it is the best looking Camaro. But because I want most of the big options I doubt I will find an in-stock car with my specs which would be in the $39k area.

So that leaves ordering the car.

I am used to wheeling and dealing on an in-stock car and have gotten some incredible deals since I was willing to travel. But ordering kind of locks you in.

Any suggestions on getting the best deal? Also are any incentives allowed on an ordered car?
Send a PM to Becky explaining what you want and see if you can make a deal with her. She can ship the car to you. She can probably get what you want faster than your dealer can.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:06 PM   #4
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
IMO you're far better off dealing on an existing 2020 SS, and IMO it also looks far better vs 2019 SS or the LT1, and will probably hold value better too.

I was looking at ordering a car, but as you said, deals on a car already in-stock were too good to pass up. I managed to buy a car that was ordered and not yet delivered, which was fortuitous.
Good points, but we will have to disagree on looks. I loved my SS and ZL1 but to me the LT1 has such clean good looks and better shows off the good lines of the Camaro than either. But I guess you can say those 2 look more bad ass.

As far as holding value I sold my 2SS after a little less than 2 years and took a $13,000 hit. I sold my ZL1 after 1 year and took another $13,000 hit. But luckily there I did not pay the $70K MSRP or I would have lost much more.

Chevy has shown me love though being such a good Camaro customer over the last 10 years.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
I've ordered most of my cars. I go to the fleet mgr with my list of options. They will know your serious about the car and you can bypass the salesman. The car won't count against that dealers allocations. I don't think that part will matter in the case of the Camaro. You settle on the price and give a deposit.
You won't know if GM has any incentives until you take delivery.
In Ca. they cannot keep the deposit if they get weird in finance.

Good luck.
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:07 PM   #6
ARCamaroGuy

Drives: 2023 GMC 1500
I've been waiting over 3 months for a car I ordered. Would NOT recommend ordering.
Traded Feb 2022 for a C7
ARCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #7
HawkeyeMike

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCamaroGuy View Post
I've been waiting over 3 months for a car I ordered. Would NOT recommend ordering.
I too have a Camaro on order...same TPW as you. The car is built they just won’t ship it until the strike is over. I wouldn’t go so far to say I wouldn’t recommend ordering...I would just wait until the strike is over before you do.

I don’t blame Chevy for not getting me my car. Sometimes we just need to have some extra patience with things. It’s out of our control, out of their control, out of the dealers control. It is what it is. At least, I’ll keep telling myself that. Until the car arrives.

Mike
HawkeyeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #8
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Waiting is the most difficult part, but trust me, all the pent up frustration will evaporate when you first press the start button .

It's obviously the strike that threw the biggest wrench, figuratively speaking.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:16 AM   #9
ARCamaroGuy

Well I ordered a convertible in July so I could enjoy it in the fall and now it is almost winter. That may be ok with some people, maybe most people, but I am not ok with it =/

The fact that it has spent the last 3-4 weeks a couple hours drive from me in a warehouse makes it all the more frustrating.

I was fully prepared to wait 6-8 weeks on the car but I'm sitting at 12+ now and the tax credit on the Cadillac I sold expires within a week (in AR you have 45 days after sale of a vehicle to use it as a tax credit towards your next vehicle). I waited until my car status changed to "shipped" before I even put it up for sale and still am going to lose about $1500 in tax credit because I couldn't pick up a car that was only a few hours away.

Sorry, I'm pretty jaded on ordering personally.

Only way I'd consider ordering again would be through Becky because she is so intimately involved with the whole process. I have something planned for her whether or not I take delivery of the car. She is just awesome!
Traded Feb 2022 for a C7
Old 10-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #10
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Send a PM to Becky explaining what you want and see if you can make a deal with her. She can ship the car to you. She can probably get what you want faster than your dealer can.
Yes I will keep her in mind:

Becky:

I want my LT1 Like this:
  • M6
  • black
  • black interior
  • NPP
  • Sunroof
  • TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE/Bose
  • Navigation
  • red setbelts, knee pads, door accents, and brakes
  • 20" silver split spokes
  • Recaros! We might be able to add seat heaters.

Let me know when it comes in.

Given that the LT1 is a new model it is very hard to find them with Autotrader. Looking nationally I think I spotted about 20 of them so far. None as heavily optioned as my LT1 imaginary build.

I love the clean look (no spoilers for me) and the sleeper vibe.

Last edited by Fraxum; 12-02-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #11
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie-G View Post
I've ordered most of my cars. I go to the fleet mgr with my list of options. They will know your serious about the car and you can bypass the salesman. The car won't count against that dealers allocations. I don't think that part will matter in the case of the Camaro. You settle on the price and give a deposit.
You won't know if GM has any incentives until you take delivery.
In Ca. they cannot keep the deposit if they get weird in finance.

Good luck.
Thanks. Good advice.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #12
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I will say now that your SS point is well taken. After looking nationally I can find really good deals on 2SSes. Which would be my second choice but getting a $46-7K 2SS for my LT1 MSRP is very tempting. But it takes an arms list of incentives to get there. I love it when they add buyer cash to the list. LOL
Old 10-23-2019, 01:40 PM   #13
ARCamaroGuy

This link shows all the available LT1's in stock and en route: https://www.chevrolet.com/locate-inv...Radius=touched
Traded Feb 2022 for a C7
Old 10-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #14
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCamaroGuy View Post
Well I ordered a convertible in July so I could enjoy it in the fall and now it is almost winter. That may be ok with some people, maybe most people, but I am not ok with it =/

The fact that it has spent the last 3-4 weeks a couple hours drive from me in a warehouse makes it all the more frustrating.

I was fully prepared to wait 6-8 weeks on the car but I'm sitting at 12+ now and the tax credit on the Cadillac I sold expires within a week (in AR you have 45 days after sale of a vehicle to use it as a tax credit towards your next vehicle). I waited until my car status changed to "shipped" before I even put it up for sale and still am going to lose about $1500 in tax credit because I couldn't pick up a car that was only a few hours away.

Sorry, I'm pretty jaded on ordering personally.

Only way I'd consider ordering again would be through Becky because she is so intimately involved with the whole process. I have something planned for her whether or not I take delivery of the car. She is just awesome!

Some dealers will let you do the paperwork as soon as they have the VIN and all of the info from Chevrolet. Only risk is a major problem with the car when it gets there. Wouldn't hurt to ask if your dealer would do that.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote