Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 09-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #29
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Drill a couple holes....and voila....

Name:  hasp.JPG
Views: 915
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  Lock.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  18.7 KB

Kind of "Mad Max"ish....

Last edited by Klayman; 09-21-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:43 AM   #30
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
When is the last time Anyone has heard of junk in the tank? Anyone? Ask your dealer. They should have a better picture.
I've worked at dealers for 23 years now. I've never heard of or seen a car come in with sugar or anything in their tank. Only tank issues are rats chewing holes, hitting debris, and people mistakenly putting diesel in them.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #31
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I understand there's little to zero risk of anyone contaminating a gas tank or stealing gas. But the thing is, GM is behind the times and their competitors with locking gas caps. Again, it has nothing to do with whether it's required (power windows really aren't required, neither is fuel injection or power brakes), but the fact the competitors have it.

Honda and Toyota have had remote fuel door releases since the 70s.

Ford has had electric fuel door releases since the 80s. My Dad's '88 T-Bird 5.0 LX had it.

BMW, Mercedes, and most European marques have had electric locking fuel doors when you lock the doors since the 1970s, like the Corvette.

This should be a standard feature on EVERY General Motors car and truck/SUV. Either a manual release lever, an electric release button, or the fuel door should lock when you lock the doors. The Eurospec Camaro has it and our US spec Camaros have the latch on the door! All we need is the solenoid and wiring!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #32
Klayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I understand there's little to zero risk of anyone contaminating a gas tank or stealing gas. But the thing is, GM is behind the times and their competitors with locking gas caps. Again, it has nothing to do with whether it's required (power windows really aren't required, neither is fuel injection or power brakes), but the fact the competitors have it.

Honda and Toyota have had remote fuel door releases since the 70s.

Ford has had electric fuel door releases since the 80s. My Dad's '88 T-Bird 5.0 LX had it.

BMW, Mercedes, and most European marques have had electric locking fuel doors when you lock the doors since the 1970s, like the Corvette.

This should be a standard feature on EVERY General Motors car and truck/SUV. Either a manual release lever, an electric release button, or the fuel door should lock when you lock the doors. The Eurospec Camaro has it and our US spec Camaros have the latch on the door! All we need is the solenoid and wiring!
I personally can't stand having to pull some cord or push some button for the gas cap release.... Ever since the Japanese started doing it over 30 years ago....Oh yeah...wait until one doesn't work for you.....there would be flames all over the forums....lol
Old 09-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #33
Scraps0f

Drives: 2018 NGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayman View Post
I personally can't stand having to pull some cord or push some button for the gas cap release.... Ever since the Japanese started doing it over 30 years ago....Oh yeah...wait until one doesn't work for you.....there would be flames all over the forums....lol
Had issues with every locking cap I've ever had in the winter time. Always a bitch, asking strangers to help, or worse yet sticking a screw driver to help pry it while going back to pull the cord because ice is in it....or hitting it to break the ice and then pulling cord and hoping it works.
Scraps0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #34
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayman View Post
I’ve driven and worked on countless cars. The remote fuel door release is one thing I’ve never had to fix. You’re blowing that out of proportion just a tiny bit.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:16 AM   #35
BigSpoiler

Drives: Lexus, Tahoe
Several years ago I had my car stolen.

I called the Police immediately.

Several hours later the police called me and said: "we found your car at a Gas station. Come pick it up".

When stolen my car was on "E" practically fumes.

Apparently, they had gone to get gas and couldn't get the cap off, then left the car at the pump.

Didn't make it 8 miles.
Attached Images

BigSpoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #36
Klayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpoiler View Post
Several years ago I had my car stolen.

I called the Police immediately.

Several hours later the police called me and said: "we found your car at a Gas station. Come pick it up".

When stolen my car was on "E" practically fumes.

Apparently, they had gone to get gas and couldn't get the cap off, then left the car at the pump.

Didn't make it 8 miles.
That's funny, when I had a cap like that on my jeep, I would always keep the spare key in the Jeep!
Old 09-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #37
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Could one of the folks across the pond stop by a dealership and get us some part numbers for the locking fuel door? My google-fu is weak, and I haven't found them yet, lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #38
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Doesn't the filler have two doors specifically for this purpose? Doesn't stop someone with the right nozzle (or the adapter included with the Camaro), but for some kid or general idiot trying to pour stuff into the tank from their mom's favorite lemonade pitcher, it should work.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #39
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
The two door setup is to stop siphoning... The fancy funnel is just so you don't spill things, I think.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
drperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #40
DragonTTK
Ontario - 2SS Owner

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I found locking caps for 2015 camaro but nothing for 2016 or later would be nice too have one though.
DragonTTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #41
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1661 View Post
Not stealing my gas, someone putting shit in it lol
Stou should still move or get armed up
Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #42
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Has anyone ever found a solution to this? I wish the hinged door would lock with the doors. In the meantime, would this help at all?
https://www.fillernecksupply.com/cap...vrolet-camaro/