Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster1001 View Post
Had this issue at 1k miles. Man trade it in. Giving all the guys advice, I went through this 8 months ago. Car was never the same, had some airbags deploy with no body damage a month later. Blamed it on a "tire airbag sensor" LOL.
I second this suggestion. Trade it. Even if it seems fine now it's probably a time bomb for electrical issues, etc..

If you trade it now, you can do it without guilt.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #16
16silverSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS 2ss A8
ANOTHER UPDATE

New up from my last post lol. So stupidly on my part I had faith in my dealership and the so called mechanics that did the install. After receiving my car back and going through it with a fine tooth comb. I found numerous about of scratches all over the engine bay, bolts missing from holding the power steering pump so it was just loose sitting there. Anything with push pin retainers were reused and not holding hoses in there proper place. One in contact with the passenger side header lol. You could smell the plastic burning. So my service advisor called over the main service manager to note it and fix all the issues. He was called over several more times so I lost my mind a little and track of thought. So I forgot to check one more very important thing before leaving the dealership. CHECK THE DAMN OIL LEVEL. My findings a completely dry dipstick and found multiple scratches on my driver side door and side rear section of my car and a deep ding/scratch on my lower ground affects from putting it on the lift im assuming). So called the dealer yet again and was advised to call Gm road side assistances and have it towed back in. Shot a great video of me pulling the dipstick out showing it dry for my records. Service manager didn't like that I took video/pics of this. Now eta on Gm road side 1hr. Over 3hrs later they pull up. Road side advisor side it would be a flat bed tow truck being the car is low to the ground. What's the driver driving lol a regular truck not a flatbed so 3 hrs waisted. So he leaves and tells me too call roadside back. At this point I've given up on Gm all together.
Attached Images

16silverSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:52 AM   #17
Feefsmaro

Drives: 2017 white 1ss a8
I got a new engine aswell and they gave it low on oil nowthe new engine is knocking but the claim its normal
Feefsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:36 AM   #18
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16silverSS View Post
New up from my last post lol. So stupidly on my part I had faith in my dealership and the so called mechanics that did the install. After receiving my car back and going through it with a fine tooth comb. I found numerous about of scratches all over the engine bay, bolts missing from holding the power steering pump so it was just loose sitting there. Anything with push pin retainers were reused and not holding hoses in there proper place. One in contact with the passenger side header lol. You could smell the plastic burning. So my service advisor called over the main service manager to note it and fix all the issues. He was called over several more times so I lost my mind a little and track of thought. So I forgot to check one more very important thing before leaving the dealership. CHECK THE DAMN OIL LEVEL. My findings a completely dry dipstick and found multiple scratches on my driver side door and side rear section of my car and a deep ding/scratch on my lower ground affects from putting it on the lift im assuming). So called the dealer yet again and was advised to call Gm road side assistances and have it towed back in. Shot a great video of me pulling the dipstick out showing it dry for my records. Service manager didn't like that I took video/pics of this. Now eta on Gm road side 1hr. Over 3hrs later they pull up. Road side advisor side it would be a flat bed tow truck being the car is low to the ground. What's the driver driving lol a regular truck not a flatbed so 3 hrs waisted. So he leaves and tells me too call roadside back. At this point I've given up on Gm all together.
This is crazy and sorry to hear what you’ve been through. What type of mechanic allows a brand new engine to leave low on oil?
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #19
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
You know, I was about to send in my condolences only to realize this thread is a year old.

Back in the day, some forums would lock older threads which I didn't think was a good idea. But nowadays, I'm having second thoughts on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feefsmaro View Post
I got a new engine aswell and they gave it low on oil nowthe new engine is knocking but the claim its normal
When did it fail, and can you post a sound clip or video of the knocking?
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #20
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16silverSS View Post
Mind saying what dealer you went to?
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote