Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimKeeper View Post
Each car will have some difference in sound and every person will have a different tolerance level for cabin noise. I give credit to any business that looks to improve upon their product and further make the improvements available to past customers for a very reasonable price.
YEP!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #16
HokieERVet

Drives: SIM/2LT/RS/Black/Manual
I wasn't saying it wasn't a good company. I find it interesting that Airaid essentially did the same thing but got raked over the coals (product not performing as stated and needed a part to be tweaked to get it there)- IDK- seems like similar situation to me.

It's just tough because I purchased the original exhaust + installation, then purchased resonators + installation, now I need to purchase J-pipes + more installation to get the "no drone"...I hadn't invested so much already I think personally I would go in a different direction.

I love the exterior sound but the interior is rough...I also spent $200 on sound dampening. I'm honestly considering seeing if anyone would want to purchase this set-up used and go back to stock. Again- I like the exterior sound but I'm in my car more the most...
HokieERVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:22 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
No I totally hear your story, and I'd probably feel the same if I were in your shoes. Obviously people were getting drone with this "no-drone" system. Honestly, I think that under the right conditions and engine load, probably every system out there has some kind of drone.

But it is still nice to see SOLO taking further steps to be the best sounding drone free system available.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:48 PM   #18
noisemker

Drives: RY 2LT/RS
Getting mine on Friday, cant wait to hear how its is.

Airaid Intake And Solo CatBack Solo Highflow Cats
noisemker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #19
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I have heard and driven in three different V6M6 camaros with the solo cat back installed not including mine. Out of the four cars only one has a 2k drone. Mine just so happen to be the one. I loved the sound, but long travels on the highway my wife wanted a little less interior noise. The more I hear of the V6 there is a difference in the exhaust note. The j-pipe give that tune-ability to suit all needs.
The j-pipe addition and install by the muffler man was more than reasonable.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #20
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
Very easy to adjust, especially if you haven't lowered the Camaro, even with the Pfadt coilovers I installed I can reach to adjust A-OK. Bob @ the Kenmore shop recommends only .25 inch increments to adjust the sound to your liking rather than going big eg 1 inch moves.

I don't feel the need to adjust off "neutral" setting done at the shop - as GrimKeeper indicated the cabin noise is way quieter than before without sacrificing the tone outside.
Hey Tom - Well, I guess I'm going to find out how it sounds tomorrow. May also do ther high flow cats. Don't tell my wife

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #21
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
Hey Tom - Well, I guess I'm going to find out how it sounds tomorrow. May also do ther high flow cats. Don't tell my wife
You'll like the high-flow cats - makes it sound deeper.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #22
efpardo
Deep6

It's already pretty deep. I was hoping for throaty

My Journals:
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #23
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
I told my wife at the shop as we were waiting... But once on the road she couldn't believe the difference in sound and how quiet it was in the car when at cruising speed..
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #24
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
It would be nice if someone had a video of this setup

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #25
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Considering the price performance of the Solo offerings versus competitors you don't sacrifice quality, tone or performance with Solo even though the J-Pipes are needed for some installs. As Solo's indicated - every Camaro is different and requires adjustments, even J-Pipes, to create the sound the owner wants and how the owner hears their tone / drone if applicable.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #26
zepcom
Zeta Brother to Camaro

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Considering the price performance of the Solo offerings versus competitors you don't sacrifice quality, tone or performance with Solo even though the J-Pipes are needed for some installs. As Solo's indicated - every Camaro is different and requires adjustments, even J-Pipes, to create the sound the owner wants and how the owner hears their tone / drone if applicable.
Very well said. Translates exactly to what I went through around the first of the year with the g8 community. I agree 100%.

--zepcom
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
SOLO Performance HF-Cats &
SOLO Mach Unbalanced Catback with drone-free J-pipes
zepcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #27
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Thanks for the great feedback! We still have Mach X-LLT kits available at 10% off. Call me anytime at 516-655-9002.

Steve
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
efpardo
Deep6

Quote:
Absolutely - I have an A6 and I still had drone on the highway. I took the day of yesterday and drove from Lansing to Mississauga. Plenty of time, 5hrs, to think pay attention on what the difference might be on the way back.
Well, I ended up not only with J-Pipes but the Hi-Flo Cats as well.
The exhaust turn out just right!

The highway Drone is gone! When I give it the gas, it wakes up and let's you know it's there. City driving is nice too without being obnoxious. They really did a nice job with getting everything lined up too. Overall I think they do a great job. Tuning an exhaust is not an easy thing to do.

Can't comment much on the Cats yet but I'm optimistic. Perhaps a bit better response. The track will tell more.

When I got back I did notice that there was hardly any exhaust soot on the exhaust tips. I have always had soot build up pretty quickly. Not sure what that means. If anybody has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks Team Solo!

My Journals:
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |