Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
THINK I MADE A MISTAKE

hi lads,
long time no speak. ok back in november i traded my 2013 camaro ss for a 2016 mustang gt pp premium.
now the mustang is a great sports car, way way better than the s197 pos mustang. but it's not as good as gen5 camaro imho.
the mustang is a little faster and corners a little better. but that's it.
for high speed cruizing, comfort value, motor torque, motor noise. seating position, styling, everything is better with the maro.
this isn't a huge problem for me here in sweden as american cars dont really loose any value. so my plan this year or next is to get back in the greatest pony muscle car ever created the gen5 camaro. now i may even have enough cash to get a gen6 camaro..
just to let ya all know i have missed this place..the mustang forums are full of assholes and i got banned lol.
i have driven over 2000 000 miles in my life so i know a good car.
rest assured your gen5 camaro is a better car then the gen6 mustang.
way better in fact.
i'll be back here as soon as i find the right car and the right deal..and wont ever be going back to another mustang EVER.
cheers drew
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #2
drew peacock
Banned

the coyote motor is so weak untill u rev the hell out of it..sounds shite aswell compared to the beautiful ls motor..if i could turn back time i'de not have got this mustang..
i miss all the folks stopping me and asking wow what car is that?
in the mustang it dont happen..
oh the interior on the mustang is better..nice touches..climate control ect..but hey i can live without all that junk..
GIVE ME BACK THAT PULSING 6.2 LITRE MOTOR ASAP
Old 04-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I hope you are able to return from the dark side. I know you're wallet will be happier if you are able to get out of the Mustang before it runs out of warranty.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Sorry, but not surprised that you regret going from a Camaro to a Mustang; hope you can make the switch back and be happy again soon
Old 04-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yes there is a reason they are less reliable, sure they upgraded the interior because they sucked a long time, the Camaros is rather Spartan but the engine infinitely more money friendly to mods and more accepting, and based on a platform loved around the world from the most popular engines ever made the SBC/BBC platform that out sold others like a McDonalds versus greasy diner. P.S. I belong to a vehicle reliability tracking site that many use, GM Camaro #1, Mustang #2, Dodges #3 or worse.... been that way for a long time. Long live torque. https://www.truedelta.com/car-reliability on there you also need to figure out if someone got a lemon and inflated numbers and the number of reporting members and if they are just a sour grape but it is some interesting reading, and BTW I traded my perfect 2011 triple black 2ss rs l99 convertible for a manual in 13 which I think is the perfect year for a SS, for the future I look to buying a used 6th gen zl1 to supplement my current ride maybe...
Old 04-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
drew peacock
Banned

something about fords.
you could blindfold me and i could tell if it was a ford the second i pulled away in it..dont know what it is.
cant take any rear passengers in the mustang..camaro was dead easy..
mustang is faster.well then the l99 i had..and it corners a little better. i think that is because it's lighter.
not saying the s550 mustang is crap..it's not crap like the s197 is..ford did a great job.getting rid of that lump of steel they called suspension was the best thing they did to the mustang.
ford need to scrap those weak 5.0 motors and get a 6 litre plus motor on them

wow look at that beauty

https://www.blocket.se/kalmar/Chevro....htm?ca=10&w=3

when i get another maro it has to an auto...after driving 2000 000 miles i'm tired of manuals

Last edited by drew peacock; 04-10-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #7
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
They are totally different approaches to making power in both motors. I think the low end torque in the LS motors is more useable on a daily basis as you don't have to wring them out to make the power. I'm sure the 5.0 is a great motor too but I would guess its harder to utilize well on public roads.

That sweet 2013 you had just needed a tune on it to put it door handle to door handle with a 5.0. Hope you get it sorted and get the car you want again.

I don't care for the Gen 6's appearance compared to Gen 5 but they are monsters with that glorious LT1 under the hood.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
mpsgolf

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer
I have seen some awesome looking Mustangs.

But I think a Mustang is kinda like the cartoon ... it just ain't the same as the real thing !!!!
Attached Images

Mods: trunk subwoofer and amp, LED lighting (fogs, interior, trunk), skip shift eliminator, CAI cold air kit, Vmax ported throttle body, Stainless Works retro chambered cat back, JBA Cat4ward SS ceramic coated headers
Potential Next Mods: Tune, F&R sway bars, rear cradle bushing inserts and trailing arms
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
That's not a bad way to repent your transgressions to the car gods

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #10
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Only thing I would disagree with is when you said that the Coyote doesn't sound good.

One positive the Mustangs have always had going for them is their sound. I find the Coyote engined Mustangs to sound amazing when the exhaust is done right, IMHO. It doesn't make me any less of a Camaro fan to say that.

But I would take an LS any day of the week.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #11
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Only thing I would disagree with is when you said that the Coyote doesn't sound good.

One positive the Mustangs have always had going for them is their sound. I find the Coyote engined Mustangs to sound amazing when the exhaust is done right, IMHO. It doesn't make me any less of a Camaro fan to say that.

But I would take an LS any day of the week.
This is true.....my buddies 2011 with Borla S type 3 inch catback is one of the best coyotes ive heard rspecially under hard throttle.And that car is a hard charger. The 5.0 is far from weak thats for sure.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #12
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
This is true.....my buddies 2011 with Borla S type 3 inch catback is one of the best coyotes ive heard rspecially under hard throttle.And that car is a hard charger. The 5.0 is far from weak thats for sure.
You know, I think some Camaro guys feel obligated to hate on or say negative things about the Mustang or Challenger. I certainly understand the brand loyalty that these amazing machines inspire, but when it comes down to it, we have a lot more in common with them than we realize. Only difference between us is the brand and the ability to avoid driving into crowds of people.

Honestly, I am glad that Ford is putting so much effort into these cars. It makes the Camaro a better car better for it. Same with the Dodge Challenger.

There is a major game of one-upmanship being played by the manufacturers now. The Camaro ZL1/1LE, Mustang GT350/350R/550, Challenger Hellcat/Demon. The increasing performance of these cars is a direct result of what the competitor is putting out.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #13
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I like the sound of any 5.0's I've heard & I assume a good bunch of them are still on stock exhaust. I like all 3 muscle car types and think the Challenger is a sick looking ride but its a bit too big for me. My Camaro barely squeaks into my garage now a Chally likely wouldn't.

I originlly set out to buy a Mustang but when I saw the Camaro SS I thought it looked so much better in 2013. In 2017 I think the Mustang looks better than the Gen 6 Camaro hands down!
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #14
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I really like Mustangs and Challengers, I do.

I'm a Camaro guy though.
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote