Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #211
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Careful with that picture hotlap. It’s been used as Exhibit A that Randy Pobst is a paid GM shill.
Lol. Randy sold his soul for a deal on a Turbo4 1LE. Pitiful M6G hurting

To me, it’s the best unpaid endorsement Camaro has gotten.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #212
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
I thought there was a guy here that said he knew the driver who provided the zl1 1le. Did anyone ask how many miles were on his tires?
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:45 PM   #213
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Lol. Randy sold his soul for a deal on a Turbo4 1LE. Pitiful M6G hurting

To me, it’s the best unpaid endorsement Camaro has gotten.
That is how desperate they are for an excuse. I mean, does anyone really think RP would take a payoff in the form of an entire vehicle and then be stupid enough to post it on IG for everyone to see it?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:29 PM   #214
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmo9 View Post
Don’t think Ford is embarrassed at all about 5% cars will ever be tracked and they’ve selling cars well of msrp. Fords not hurting. Chevy is the one hurting having to sell cars at less than msrp. The way the zl1 performs should sell for at least msrp all day long.

Everyone keeps talking about the zl1 won in 1/4 but they show one drag race where the guy left a second later than everyone else. Guess everyone forgot about this video.
https://youtu.be/OkZWEq262Mo
Now that the gt500 lost, who cares about track times anyways.... I'm sure consumers should really care about the profits Ford and Chevy are making on these cars... Ford guys sure do love touting their sales numbers when performance numbers aren't cutting it lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.

Last edited by RobbyBeefcake87; 02-02-2020 at 10:14 AM.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:30 PM   #215
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ok hurt feelings, in a debate on performance it kinda shows how far behind Ford is when their argument has to turn to sales. LOL!! How exactly is it a bad thing for the consumer when, for less than MSRP which was already $20K cheaper, we can get a car that beats the snot out of a $94K 760 HP GT500 that Ford spent the last 6 years building? Yea we all here are soo very upset that we're getting the best performance value of the decade at MSRP for less than MSRP. I just wish the ZL1 sold more and dealerships charged more for them and we had to pay MSRP and try to get a "golden ticket" to buy one. Woe is me...

And here is some salt for your wounds...that race was not based on time Sherlock. It was based on who could get from point A to point B the fastest. Remember how your buddy GSJ, before he got himself kicked outta here, kept insisting that on the streets the GT500 was gonna beat the ZL1? Well that was what that test was trying to replicate...exactly what would happen on the street. And the GT500 got beat. They raced again off the track but on what looked to be a service road of some sort. It looked like an abandoned street next to a highway. They raced both cars and the GT500 STILL lost.

In fact, the GT500 in this entire test won at nothing. The RE won the roll race, the ZL1 won the quarter mile distance race, the ZLE won around the track, the GT500 won at...being the most expensive...oh and making excuses.
Beat me to it lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:32 PM   #216
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Careful with that picture hotlap. It’s been used as Exhibit A that Randy Pobst is a paid GM shill.
The GM shill that gave them the quote about tires that is keeping their hope alive lol.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #217
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
In some aspects I think the tire thing is being overplayed. On the other hand, I think this may be saying some things about Cup 2 tires. Listen to what Randy says on the video. He says the tires are cooked. Yet he still drove on them, so I doubt “cooked” translates to “bald” or “unsafe”. Either of those two conditions and we’d have no video because he would not have driven it. He goes on to say that Cup 2 tires get their best times when they are brand new, after a couple warm up laps, then they trail off. I took this to mean that he knew he wasn’t gonna get the best time he could from the GT500 because the tires, though still safe were beyond the narrow band where they would deliver optimal performance.

So what does all this mean? It seems to me to mean that unless a CFTP is running on hours old Cup 2s, it’s a drivers race with a ZLE. Most likely, the mass on the CFTP accelerates the wear on Cup 2s, so again, the CFTP would be an absolute beast on fresh Cup 2s and then substantially slower after only a few laps. Think about the PP2 situation. Track star for a couple laps, until the lack of sufficient coolers kicks in. Now the CFTP seems to be setting up as a car with awesome cooling capability, but with short-lived tires.
Agree on the over played nature of the tires. I don't think they were shot or they wouldn't have been used.

Not sure how true it is but Lethal camaro put out a video saying the zle's owner claimed the front Michelins he had were changed to new oem's but the rear tires had over 20k miles on them, many of which are hooning around. Idk about that but an important detail if close to true along with the alignment.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:35 PM   #218
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
I thought there was a guy here that said he knew the driver who provided the zl1 1le. Did anyone ask how many miles were on his tires?
Quite a few on the rears according to Lethal Garage.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:32 PM   #219
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
What tire is lasting 20k on a ZL1? :P
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:11 AM   #220
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
I am at 18K and they are useless.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #221
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Agree on the over played nature of the tires. I don't think they were shot or they wouldn't have been used.

Not sure how true it is but Lethal camaro put out a video saying the zle's owner claimed the front Michelins he had were changed to new oem's but the rear tires had over 20k miles on them, many of which are hooning around. Idk about that but an important detail if close to true along with the alignment.
Hold up:

A ZLE showed up with possibly 20k miles on the rear tires and in a street alignment and beat the CFTP 500 at everything but a roll race? LOL. And M6G is absolutely convinced the tires on the 500 were the difference. The 500 is bellyflopping like Shamu at this point.

EVERYTHING was setup for the CFTP to win this comparison. CFTP in track alignment, RP driving same day, same track, against a ZLE in street alignment and bald rear tires and the CFTP absolutely flopped.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #222
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
I ran my supercar 3s till 21k, but I imagine those 3r's are even worse.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #223
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
If they did in fact have 20k miles on them, they would have long been heat cycled out regardless of tread.

I do find it odd that it wasn't mentioned in the video or follow ups if true. You'd think they would have mentioned both cars were on shot tires??

It would explain the slow lap times.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:08 AM   #224
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I ran my supercar 3s till 21k, but I imagine those 3r's are even worse.
That's insane. My first set lasted maybe 5k?
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote