Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-22-2016, 09:10 AM   #29
C5Txfan

Drives: 2004 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
Selling great here too...still no inventory to speak of as far as SSs go...
Yep that's for sure and almost all you find are automatics - which are great unless you're wanting a 6 speed !
C5Txfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #30
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
They are sitting in the lots here in Norcal
Here as well. I went by the local dealer to see one yesterday in person. It was only a 2LT and the pricetag was nearly 42k, my guess is it will be sitting there a very long time.

Overall other than the ridiculous price I wasn't all that impressed with the car. Looks were ok, I still like the 14/15 refresh better. The interior looked better but still not great.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #31
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Here as well. I went by the local dealer to see one yesterday in person. It was only a 2LT and the pricetag was nearly 42k, my guess is it will be sitting there a very long time.

Overall other than the ridiculous price I wasn't all that impressed with the car. Looks were ok, I still like the 14/15 refresh better. The interior looked better but still not great.
That seems to be the consensus. Had another topic on here and the Camaro5 forum about that. Some just don't care for the 16's look. That's good news for the used fifth gens. My 15 1SS LS3 was in perfect shape with only 6K miles! I'm sure it went to a happy owner.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:01 AM   #32
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel07 View Post
I agree, these will not be rare cars like the GT350. They're not selling that well right now because 1. there's not much inventory and 2. most inventory are loaded out 2SS's that are $45k+. Once dealers get in a bunch of the cheaper Turbo 4's and v6's, sales will increase dramatically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post

Like I have said in the other sales threads. My local dealers, the first cars they got were loaded with almost every option. For the dealers that don't have many on the lots, I am sure those fully loaded cars are going to sit for a while. Also, it is still winter for most of the country. Wait till May to really look at sales #s
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #33
888GT#31

Drives: 2008 G8 GT Liquid Red :)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
I am. I want to see this car continue into the future. I had a GTO and a G8 and loved them, but can't buy a new one since they had poor sales along with Pontiac in general. Most Camaros will be the 4 cylinder and 6, and I really don't care if they are everywhere. For really rare, the 1LE or new ZL1 would be a great option. I didn't buy this car hoping it would be the only one in FL. Lol
Very true and this is how I feel. It's awesome being sort of exclusive with the G8 although it has its negatives. Camaros and Mustangs are not supposed to be. High numbers are important for future investment and prosperity. Only 30k G8s verses 500k 5th gen Camaros translates into more parts available replacement and aftermarket.

Owning a 4th gen Camaro while GM stopped production was quite hurtful. I loved the new GTO then it was cancelled. I got my G8 as soon as they hit North Florida and a year later Pontiac was killed off. Belive me when I say I want these great cars to sell!
888GT#31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #34
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Yesterday I searched local dealers here and found at least 50 2016 Camaros on different lots and most were discounted off of msrp which surprised me. I'm certain they'll sell as soon as Spring Fever hits.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:54 AM   #35
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Genuine question to everyone who keeps saying the winter and cold weather are hurting the Camaro...

Why didn't it hurt the Mustang?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:37 PM   #36
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Genuine question to everyone who keeps saying the winter and cold weather are hurting the Camaro...

Why didn't it hurt the Mustang?
If you look at the trends, Mustang sales have dipped in Dec and Jan. Dec of 15 to Jan of 16 dropped by about 1200 cars. Dec of 14 to Jan of 15 dropped almost 1000. Mustang sales have stayed pretty consistent though, maybe it has to do with the price or available incentives, financing.

Challenger sales normally drop in Dec and Jan

I think alot of people are shocked that it didn't spike sales like the Mustang did when the S550 was released.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #37
SpeedIsLife

No the Mustang did see a big dip in December and January in year over year..

I mean the sales explosion in December 2014 and January 2015..both winter months and the Mustang took off like a rocket. Winter didn't seem to hurt the sales numbers for that release.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #38
Tushar

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I am just wondering why everyone is so concerned about Gen6 sales? I would rather not see one every 2 minutes.
Agreed!

2SS Garnet Red
NPP
Automatic
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #39
SpeedIsLife

Increasing Gen 6 sales will tell GM that the car is viable and will give them confidence to invest in it to enhance and continue production.

Slow sales will tell GM that the car isn't as viable and perhaps they should invest their research and development funds into a more profitable name plate.

So....sales are more important than the need to be more exclusive. If you want more exclusive, go get a Z06.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:03 PM   #40
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Increasing Gen 6 sales will tell GM that the car is viable and will give them confidence to invest in it to enhance and continue production.

Slow sales will tell GM that the car isn't as viable and perhaps they should invest their research and development funds into a more profitable name plate.

So....sales are more important than the need to be more exclusive. If you want more exclusive, go get a Z06.
Yep, good sales are the reason we get special editions, performance models, and a 7th gen car. If you are worried about your car being special, buy one of the special editions. The 1LE and Z?? will be out next year. I enjoy seeing lots of Camaro's on the road because it means a bigger community of enthusiasts.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #41
shaffe

Quote:
No the Mustang did see a big dip in December and January in year over year..

I mean the sales explosion in December 2014 and January 2015..both winter months and the Mustang took off like a rocket. Winter didn't seem to hurt the sales numbers for that release.
Also don't forget though that the S197 stopped production in June I believe. Mustang supply was very low for a few months
Old 02-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #42
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Also don't forget though that the S197 stopped production in June I believe. Mustang supply was very low for a few months
Exactly. I believe the fifth gen. Camaro stopped production in late Nov. 2015.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote