Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Thanks You Dealer For This Mess

So i take my car into the dealer to have the broken air inlet door fixed and of course the dash has to come out. Told tje dealer i was very picky on pry marks and scratches in the plastics and agreed to be careful. Well surprise surprise damaged. Told by the dealer they would have their interior guy fix it. It looked better but just coated with something that looked like a bad armor all job. Went to wipe the dash down with a damp rag and this happened.

First pictures are the damage the others is the coating coming off.
Attached Images

Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Oh damn. That is terrible. They should not have even given the car back to you like that.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:30 AM   #3
legendary70

Drives: 2017 Camaro
messed up.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #4
Ajs16400

Tell me, hoping they step up and replace the two panels. The last email i got from said bring it back and will have tje interior guy see of he can fix it. I told them they need to be replaced and waiting for a response. Got gm involved but was told.they can talk to the dealer but cannot make them do anything. Cant believe they caused a customer service issue like this all over $300 for the two panels.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:16 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
GM dealers continue to be the weakest link...by far.

Brought my car in for a 1000 mile oil change, trans flush, and diff fluid change. Tech blasted so much trans fluid on the undercarriage it smoked for 2 hours straight. I had to pay a tech from Jiffy Lube to wipe the trans & crossmember down since I was away from home.

Then brought it in for a headlight change out under warranty (the LEDs in the headlight died). Tech proceeded to get grease all over my ceramic white seats and door bolsters.

I’m sure you guys have plenty of stories too...
Old 01-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #6
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I don’t even bother with Chevy dealers anymore. I have posted all my dealer experiences in a prior thread if you’d like to see the headaches I had to go through. Nonetheless, I’m thinking of having my car serviced at Cadillac or a indi-mechanic that specializes in GM performance vehicles
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #7
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
I don’t even bother with Chevy dealers anymore. I have posted all my dealer experiences in a prior thread if you’d like to see the headaches I had to go through. Nonetheless, I’m thinking of having my car serviced at Cadillac or a indi-mechanic that specializes in GM performance vehicles
Right on brother, I’m stunned by the lack of care for others property when brought to the typical Chevy dealer. I know there good ones out there (somewhere) I just haven’t run into one yet.

If and when I do have to go to the dealer, I’ll have seat and steering wheel cover(s) on, at a minimum.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:19 PM   #8
spitz

Drives: 2021 SS lt2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
Just yesterday I had one of those follow up calls from the dealer. By the time I was done the little girl on the phone probably quit her job. I told her all my service work will be done at cadillac from now on. my wife has her cadillac go there and the service is outstanding. It can't compare to chevy.
spitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #9
Ajs16400

Well i am 0 for 2 with my local dealers and their interior guys. 1st one shortly after buying noticed the seat was pulling away from the back seat entry knob and instead of the pin thw manufacture said to use thet put stapes in them and was visual for all to see and not hidden under the cover and now this with the next closest dealer and insured me they did not us the say person when asked to fix the dash with him.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:42 PM   #10
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Wow, what a mess. However, I can't say that I'm surprised. I would've denied the suggestion of trying to fix it; that simply isn't going to happen. Panels need to be replaced, end of story.

The latest experience with our local Chevy dealer was the last oil change on my Q50RS (nearest Infiniti is over 2 hours away). I typically took it in for maintenance items as I didn't have the setup to do it, and it also supports our local businesses. I picked it up and it had grease/oil on the inside of the door, steering wheel, center console, etc. Now, I can somewhat understand a tiny spot or two but that is absolutely ridiculous. This was a $60K sedan that had 6K miles on it. I also keep my cars quite clean (much cleaner than average). I have since purchased everything I need plus some; my vehicles will never see another shop unless it is unavoidable.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #11
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Those photographs make me sick. I know we all love our vehicles but, at some point, you have to say enough is enough. GM's poor quality control and incompetent dealership service network have me seriously contemplating selling my Camaro, even though it's been a great vehicle with no required trips to the dealership. I suppose I'm just tired of supporting a company that generally builds crap and generally doesn't give a crap about its customers.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #12
Ajs16400

It was a hard choice to come back to gm with my last pontiac i bought brand new and was in and out of the dealer on a regular basis. Since then we have bought 4 kia/hyundais and only 4 trips to the dealer. Decide to get the camaro and here we go again.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #13
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Let me throw my story in. BRAND NEW 2017 1LE I got from my dealer. They offered free car washes and oil changes for life with new cars. And they did a fantastic job at delivery with my 1LE making it look perfect with the tireshine and all that. I figured I would be getting a new car delivery look everytime they washed it... Yeah I was wrong. First free car wash at 100 miles the next weekend after I bought it. They managed to scratch it from end to end on the passenger side. Like it was keyed. I lost it. They spent two days getting it buffed out and it looked great at pickup.

Learned my lesson you say?? Nope not me. Went back for that first free oil change a few months later and TOLD THEM NOT to wash it. Well they did anyway. And wouldnt you know it. THEY SCRATCHED IT FROM END TO END AGAIN. Almost the same exact way. I mean almost to the line. They swore up and down this time it was not them and it was hand washed. Well we went to the tape, and it was indeed washed in their automated wash bay machine. And sure enough there was a big ****ing rock in the wash mitt part of the machine in that exact place.

They probably destroyed several hundred cars with that machine over the course of who knows how long.

They once again buffed it out to my amazment. I thought it would go through the clear, but nope it was ok. I couldnt believe my luck with that car. Got rearended a few months later and ended up trading out of it.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #14
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
That Cadillac service idea is interesting. I might give that a try sometime.