Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Pistol Mount for the Gen6?

Has anyone found a good place, holster type mount for your Pistol?
Maybe something like the ProClip phone mount?
Secure your Pistol up front to the forward right of the console?

Presently, I just put my HK P7M13 on the back seat.
I'd rather not toss her on the floor just to slide around all over the place.
Or, In the glove box to bang back and fourth.
I was pulled over a few weeks ago. The officer spotted my pistol on the backseat.

Is that a real gun?

Well, yes it is.... "The P7 doesn't look like your everyday Polymer Glock N nine".

I told him that I have less than 1K miles on the car, I'm still trying to figure out the best place to holster her so she's at the ready.
He laughed and said,,, What? you don't want to Drill any holes in this sweet ride?
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
as now, mine sits in the cup holder pretty well (with it's pocket holster). I have several magnets that I'm debating mounting under the steering column or around the knee rest on the passenger side.

My other vehicle I have an under steering column mount that's universal. Sadly it won't fit all my guns due to some having lights, but it fits most. I wanted to transfer that mount to the camaro, but it can't clip the same way as in my other car.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
Amxguy1970

Drives: V8
"At the ready"
Tyler
Amxguy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #4
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
I am going to use one of the magnet mounts I have lying around as soon as I figure out where I am OK with drilling holes. I own a few of the HK all metal guns before they started building Mattel stuff like everyone else.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #5
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Shoot...I ride with a 5" 1911 OWB. I stopped unholstering etc years ago. Grip will rub a hole in seat though overtime so I keep my shirt flipped over the grip.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #6
4door65guy

Drives: 2016 2SS MAG/NPP
Reading you guys talk about where to put you're handguns in you're Camaro's makes me dislike living in CA even more.....
4door65guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #7
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4door65guy View Post
Reading you guys talk about where to put you're handguns in you're Camaro's makes me dislike living in CA even more.....
Old 07-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #8
RDBURNR

Drives: 2016 Camarro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4door65guy View Post
A bit of hope from the 9th Circuit, how unusual is that:

"The Second Amendment notched a huge victory on Tuesday in the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals — reputed to be the most liberal court in the country. A three-judge panel ruled that the Constitution does, in fact, guarantee the right to openly carry a gun, reported Hot Air and other outlets."
Stage 2 Intercooler w/ Race BOV
ZL1 Fuel Upgrade
LT4 Injectors
Fuel Voltage Booster
AEM Boost and AFR Gauges
Dynatech 1 7/8th Headers
JRE Tuning
RDBURNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
I'm looking into the underside of the steering column to see if that'll work with my XDS. Just need to be sure legs won't bump it getting in or out of the car. Mostly just keep a pistol IWB 4-5 o'clock position. Shockingly the Recaro seat bolster doesn't cause any issues. My wallet is literally more of a pain in the azz.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #11
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post

As somebody who lives in NY, this is making me salivate.
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #12
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum

My best friend Dudley kept it here, but usually pushed it further down the seat so only the grip would show .

Old 07-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #13
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
can't you get a shoulder holster and put it under your shirt. if you ever accidently leave it in the car it won't be there long. a busted window doesn't sound the car alarm.
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #14
danbrew

Drives: 18 2SS A8
I strongly suggest you get a holster and put it on your belt where it belongs. Ask yourself when you would need it? The only legally defensible time you would need it is if your car was disabled and you couldn’t exit stage left. Sure, you can live in a stand your ground state - but look how that’s gonna work out for the handicap parking space shooter (he’s screwed) - the reality is armed defense is a last resort. I wouldn’t shoot somebody over anything less than a me or him kind of thing. And I’d hate to explain to a jury of typical morons why I didn’t put it in gear and get the heck out of dodge. You might legally have the right to stay and fight in some states, but that doesn’t play well with juries. And even if you survive criminal prosecution, you’re still gonna take the legal ride and spend tens of thousands keeping yourself out of jail/hot water/whatever when you cap some dude. However deserving he may be. So... given all that, a reasonable defense is that your car is disabled. It may be disabled because somebody smacked into you. And if that’s the case, where’s your backseat gun now? Best case somewhere on the floor. Worst case, thirty feet in front of your car. An in car holster just isn’t going to give you the security you want.

God made holsters for a reason. Lifelong shooter, shooting instructor, and carried for many many years. You want that gun where you expect it to be if you need it. Not bouncing around jammed up under the seat or sliding down the road.
danbrew is offline   Reply With Quote