Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Zl1 1LE Aero kit installed

Finished up installing the 1le aero kit.. just have slots to make for dive planes. Also I'm going to skin them along with mirrors in carbon fiber.

Some of the most common questions you may have..

1. Yes the wing fits the SS and Zl1 but, convertibles may have and additional hole left open for the antenna.

2. Will the zl1 front bumper work with the zl1 1le parts.. Yes, but you need to make 3 slots on each side 2 for the dive planes near the side markers and 1 down low horizontal for the winglets on the end of the spoiler.

3. Will the zl1 1le splitter fit the zl1 bumper? Yes but you need to shave 2 small plastic tabs so it will fit flush near the grill area. Also the slots for the winglets as I mentioned earlier.

4. Can you use your DRL's in the new bezels.. No the GM units are to big and bulky if you had some smaller light strips I'm sure you could rig up something.

5. Was it easy.. yes.. just time consuming pressing out the upper and lower grills and it hurts the hell outta your fingers at the end of the day also just taking time not to brake the tabs. The other part that takes a while are all the little screws that hold on the bumper, fender liners, and plastic covers. The 5th gen was 100 times quicker to take off but there is actually more room to work inside the fender wells.

Here are some pics without dive planes some of you may want to do the conversion and not lose your DRL's

I went Mosaic blk on the splitter and the grills seem to match just fine, like I mentioned I'm ordering a cf skinning kit tomorrow to do the dive planes and morrors.. so finished project will be 2 or 3 weeks.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 09-25-2017 at 04:12 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Phenomenal work!
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I was worried that the splitter wouldn't look right without the dive planes but I think I like it!!! Thanks for the pics man, it looks great!
Old 09-25-2017, 04:14 AM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Your welcome it probably look better with zl1 bezels still in to.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 09-25-2017, 06:45 AM   #5
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Is that possible, when the side holes for the canards will be done, to clips or unclips the canards whenever we want?
Just by hands trough the lateral grill
Without removing the front bumper?
Just removing the clips behind to let the canard go?

Concerned about that:
Canard are not authorized on the road in Europe (normes)
But they are ok on the track
Just want to add them on track and remove it on the road without a full front bumper removal...

Thank you for the answer ( those who already installed it)
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #6
psalmon123

Drives: 2015 Z07 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Your welcome it probably look better with zl1 bezels still in to.
Great work. I am going to start mine in the next couple of weeks. I am also adding a CF rear diffuser. Is the extra hole visible on the convertibles with the wing installed? Thanks PS
psalmon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2

Hope to see it in person this weekend.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:02 AM   #8
neenja_jenkins

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
QQ: Does the front lip of the 1LE actually stick out a bit further? Or does it just look like it because there's more black?
neenja_jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #9
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit.fr View Post
Is that possible, when the side holes for the canards will be done, to clips or unclips the canards whenever we want?
Just by hands trough the lateral grill
Without removing the front bumper?
Just removing the clips behind to let the canard go?

Concerned about that:
Canard are not authorized on the road in Europe (normes)
But they are ok on the track
Just want to add them on track and remove it on the road without a full front bumper removal...

Thank you for the answer ( those who already installed it)

Yes they push in through slots and the holes accept a pin just like the front bumper grill uses. In hope that I can accesseverything through the fender liner.. for I need to still make the slots. Looks like plenty of room and can be removed easy.

If the release on the pins are as hard as the bezels and grills it be a beotch.. my freaking fingers hurt from pressing so hard on the clips or retainers. The actual pins push out easy though. I'll see if I can snap a picture of hardware this evening.

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 09-25-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenja_jenkins View Post
QQ: Does the front lip of the 1LE actually stick out a bit further? Or does it just look like it because there's more black?
Not any more than stock in the midle or just slightly becasue it's a very tight fit to go over the bumper mold then snap through a small gap on the lower grill. But the ends definitely it gives it that stealth fighter look of panel lines.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #11
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Hope to see it in person this weekend.
I got to work 5am to 10am but coming out for sure.. supposed to be a littler cooler.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #12
h777

Drives: None
OP, did you get the upper grille, lower grille, ZL1 1LE splitter, and dive planes from ACS composites? If so, did they include all the required hardware to attach all the 1LE parts mentioned above? Or did you reuse existing hardware already that came with car?

From the looks of your pics, it seems the upper and lower grills attach with tabs. For dive planes and bezel, what hardware do you need to secure them to bumper? Also, for 1LE splitter, is it attached with existing stock splitter hardware and grill tabs?

Last edited by h777; 09-25-2017 at 04:10 PM.
h777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #13
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Help

Can someone tell me how to get these bezels out? I am afraid to break these fasteners.
Attached Images

FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:21 PM   #14
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Looks awesome, nice job! Did you have the stock rims powder coated black?