Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-21-2021, 05:48 PM   #29
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
GM lost a PRIME chance to be in that game big time with the Cruze hatchback. A well tuned 2.0 turbo 4, 6 speed gearbox, all wheel drive, 18” wheels, lowered suspension, big brakes, and bolstered seats would have put that car right in the wheel house of the Focus ST/RS.
IKR? Wouldn't even cost them that much to develop since a lot of the components are already there, and we see how capable GM is with chassis tuning through Camaro and Corvette.

It doesn't even have to be AWD. Honda and Hyundai both show that FWD can be very capable as well. The traction may not be as great but FWD also has a weight advantage.

Even with a Spark, imagine a 1.4T Spark with sports-tuned suspension. The 1.4T is adequate with the Cruze but for a Spark? It can and will propel it forward at a respectable rate.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:08 AM   #30
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
  • Consumer Reports is one of the most trustworthy organizations I'm aware of.
  • Non-profit, no advertising, buy all products they test, since 1936.
  • Their reliability ratings come from owner surveys - if they don't have enough data for statistical significance, they don't report it for that model for that year.
  • 2017 Camaro is 2/5 on Reliability.
  • I still LOVE my 2017 ZL1.

Consumer Reports

JD Power

Attached Images

Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #31
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
[LIST][*]Consumer Reports is one of the most trustworthy organizations I'm aware of
CR used to have that reputation.

Then they kept giving Honda stellar reviews even after the Takada air bag fiasco started.

Now their reputation isn't what it was. And the fact that American car companies have caught up to Japan, and it's true that Japanese companies have slid down to American levels as well.

I can tell you this: my Camaro has better interior plastics and fit and finish than my 2009 Accord. And my Accord is much worse than my 2000 Prelude was. Honda got too full of themselves - thanks in part to all the gushing from CR - and let their slip hang.

I know a lot of people who no longer take CR for the word as "the bible" like they once did.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #32
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks24 View Post
The reason you see a lot of complaints is because most people dont come to these forums to talk about how good their car is running. Its always when someone has an issue and wants advice. My.02
I agree.

I have always felt that the primary value of sites like this one is the experiences and advice from members who have faced an issue or performed a mod.

For example, when I bought this car I "assumed" without investigating that the '20 TCM is editable. I later came here and discovered what I should have asked earlier.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote