Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 02-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I wish they’d come out with T-tops for the Camaro or Mustang (or similar). My favorite car of all time was my 86 GT with T-tops (for nostalgia sake than anything else) Of course there’s a couple minutes to stow / put back on, but some reason, I didn’t mind the inconvenience.
That would require -actual- trunk space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
My first car was a '84 Camaro Sport Coupe V8 with T-tops. I would never go back. Getting out of the car, opening the trunk lid, unlocking the top, removing it, putting in in the pouch, repeating the same on the other side, then strapping the pouch in the trunk could never compare to pushing a single button while driving up to 30 MPH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I personally don't mind manually stowing away and putting on the Targa top on my C7 if it means improved structural strength and lighter weight over a soft top. Just comes down to if you lean more towards performance or convenience.

I mean, there are a lot of people who don't even have a sunroof on their Coupes for even better performance.
30 years ago, I owned a small sport coupe. No A/C, so I had an aftermarket sunroof put in. While it was nice to be able to just pop glass into a raised position at the back and then drop it back down to seal it, the really nice part was when I took it completely out.

The car was a hatchback and had straps in the back that were intended to secure cargo. They were perfectly positioned so that I could lay the roof in upside down, slip the strap through the handle attached the to glass, snap the clip pieces of the straps together, and that roof would not move while the car was in motion no matter how hard I drove it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:48 PM   #16
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
My 16 GT that got totalled was a vert and my SS ain’t. Wasn’t a big deal when I bought it as I wasn’t in love with the lines of the Camaro vert.

I think I told myself that as the SS Idid buy came with a Procharger and was the excuse to pic it up.

I had my top down if it was sunny and more than 50 here in the NW. people looked at me crazy but they didn’t get it.

A little FOMO setting in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:01 PM   #17
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Finally got a bit above freezing yesterday here in central Texas and it will probably hit the low 50's today. We're done with freezes for a while. The top will be down "soon".

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #18
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
I snowblowed again this morning so apparently I am ready but Mother Nature is being a bitch
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
I snowblowed again this morning so apparently I am ready but Mother Nature is being a bitch
lol... I hear ya! Had the tractor out this morning to plow the driveway. Wasn't a lot of accumulation, but it was starting the melt a little and was on the heavier side. With the sun hitting it, the driveway is already basically bare.

Can't wait for it to just -end-.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #20
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I have just been cruising around about 80-90 mph with no top lately, as my snowmobile does not have a top, lol. I have to pass the time somehow while I wait. It is going to be at least another 2 months before cruising with the Camaro top down for me. Can't wait! I am definitely ready!
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:51 PM   #21
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS18 View Post
I have just been cruising around about 80-90 mph with no top lately, as my snowmobile does not have a top, lol. I have to pass the time somehow while I wait. It is going to be at least another 2 months before cruising with the Camaro top down for me. Can't wait! I am definitely ready!

where are you sledding on the Tug?
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:09 PM   #22
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Never not drop top!

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:13 PM   #23
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
where are you sledding on the Tug?
In the Adirondacks. I have never gone to Tug Hill yet, but might have to make the trip one of these days.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #24
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
I was happy last week to have a nice enough day to take the cover off and run it in the driveway for half an hour... check everything out and reposition the tarp for the next storm.
Going near 50 next week but the roads are completely white with salt... so Im hoping for maybe 2nd or 3rd week of March...
Old 02-20-2021, 07:48 PM   #25
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
The wife still has the Infinity till end of March. The plan was just to DD the vert and take good care of it... with only 500 miles of ownership Im already looking at beaters or a lease on a Honda Civic or something for next winter... or 2... After which well be south....
Old 02-20-2021, 09:02 PM   #26
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
It looks like I will get a day or 3 this week but rain is coming.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:20 PM   #27
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
This seems like long winter due to the snow that seems to come every other day. I sure am ready to drop the top and cruise but I am afraid it will have to wait at least another 6 weeks. There is so much snow to melt and puddle everywhere and the roads are covered with salt and sand.

Thanks for this forum my Camaro craving is somewhat alleviated. Reading about what all of you folks do and say about your cars is helping me get through winter.
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:48 PM   #28
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
we have mid 60s coming this week after rain tomorrow!

Top will be down!
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote