Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-19-2021, 11:21 AM   #99
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
Science isn't politics
Agreed. But there is a difference between actually discussing it civilly and logically with data, etc and going, " It's unmitigated BS!!!" " Oh look climate change is real alright....." " This is the fault of the green energy!"

The former is fine and not political in anyway. Latter is politically influenced BS. When I made that post, it was the latter. The discussion has actually now turned to the former. Still massively off topic though!
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #100
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I have a 64 oz jug of Gold Class I've been working on for about 4-5 years, but even with it's early life being in upstate NY, it never froze in the garage. Anyway, it's getting to the bottom of the barrel, so ready to buy something else. What do you guys recommend that is $15 or under? Obviously don't need a half gallon. Hyperwash is $30 for a gallon and would take me 15 years to use, lol.

Jay Leno's Garage Foaming Car Wash?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:28 PM   #101
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I have a 64 oz jug of Gold Class I've been working on for about 4-5 years, but even with it's early life being in upstate NY, it never froze in the garage. Anyway, it's getting to the bottom of the barrel, so ready to buy something else. What do you guys recommend that is $15 or under? Obviously don't need a half gallon. Hyperwash is $30 for a gallon and would take me 15 years to use, lol.

Buy what you like. If the Meguiar's has been doing well for you, no reason to go away from it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:29 PM   #102
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post

I use this... https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...s%2C199&sr=8-6

paired with a foam cannon. https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Adjusta...s%2C202&sr=8-8

+ pressure washer, of course.

No need to buy those expensive cannon. This one works just fine.

One thing to note, though... if you're doing this on a cold day (which I have done), the foam on the cold ground/driveway will freeze and get very icy. lol
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:32 PM   #103
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post

paired with a foam cannon. https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Adjusta...s%2C202&sr=8-8

Literally had/have the exact same setup. I had my foam cannon out a few weeks ago to rinse the salt off before we left for vacation. Long story short, I ended up dropping the foam cannon and broke the container off . I still have to order a replacement.

I believe the temperature was in the single digits... I was rinsing frozen foam off of the vehicles..lol

I typically use Meguiars Ultimate for in my bucket (wash mitt) and use the CG in my cannon. I find the Meguiars doesn't foam (or at least hold its foam) as well as the CG.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:38 PM   #104
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Literally had/have the exact same setup. I had my foam cannon out a few weeks ago to rinse the salt off before we left for vacation. Long story short, I ended up dropping the foam cannon and broke the container off . I still have to order a replacement.

I believe the temperature was in the single digits... I was rinsing frozen foam off of the vehicles..lol

I typically use Meguiars Ultimate for in my bucket (wash mitt) and use the CG in my cannon. I find the Meguiars doesn't foam (or at least hold its foam) as well as the CG.

Good thing it's only $15 and not $70-80 like those "brand name" ones. lol
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:43 PM   #105
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Good thing it's only $15 and not $70-80 like those "brand name" ones. lol
Right! I would like to try one of the "better" ones just to see if there are any noticeable differences. If any, I can't imagine it to be enough to justify spending 4-5x the amount. I had that foam cannon for several years and it finally needs replacement... basically due to my negligence. One thing I would say is that I would like to have one with a wide mouthed container, as the standards are a bit annoying to fill.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:07 PM   #106
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
That is a very good point about people on this forum knowing everything about climate change. That’s why I am always surprised when somebody here without a PhD in climate science adamantly claims to know what’s going on. I for one will not claim to be an expert, but what I can do is read and research from credible sites and peer reviewed research. Lastly, let’s not forget that 97% of the scientific community are in agreement here.
No they’re not.

Last empirical survey I saw was closer to less than 10% of chemists & physicists that actually reviewed any data objectively regarding man influenced climate had large doubts as to its validity.

Why?

Because the whole argument revolves around a misrepresented enthalpic transmission of light through CO2. The fact is that enthalpy transmission through the atmosphere does not occur like a very few hand picked tests show.

Once you get past that hurdle of basic physics things begin to come into focus.

Over the course of ions, yes the earth gets hotter & colder. The primary reason is quite simply variations in output of that ginormous ball of thermonuclear energy 93 Million miles away.

In reality, data actually does show a cooling trend over the last 100+ yrs.

I’m going to go a step further and acknowledge known CO2 data & at best “extrapolations” of certain data that point to a relationship between the two. The main focus then should be to ask is “Why?”. Humans were not around past 80K years ago. So what was the naturally occurring mechanism? What was the causality, & ultimately the endeavoring, of that cycle if not us as a species?

This was stuff my high school chemistry teacher posed. Not just a high school teacher mind you, but he was prior a chemistry & physics professor at the university of Norte Dame. His exact words to me were, “Only man can be so arrogant as to promulgate the belief that our existence can remotely effect such things.”

Start with those points & work backwards & one might begin to get a clearer picture of what is actually going on.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:33 PM   #107
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
That is a very good point about people on this forum knowing everything about climate change. That’s why I am always surprised when somebody here without a PhD in climate science adamantly claims to know what’s going on. I for one will not claim to be an expert, but what I can do is read and research from credible sites and peer reviewed research. Lastly, let’s not forget that 97% of the scientific community are in agreement here.
They agree on climate change is happening, sure, but how much of it is caused by humans will vary depending on who you ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
Science isn't politics
But scientists can certainly be influenced by politics. Just look at the pandemic for good examples.

Remember that scientists don't really make money... They need someone to fund their research. You can figure out the rest.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:50 PM   #108
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Not going to get into a debate... here’s some pretty good info on climate change and global warming, as well as other data.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/12/what...lobal-warming/
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #109
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
My boss used to tell me something.

There are three sides to a story:

Your side

My side

The truth

As an average Joe, you won't know the truth. It just comes down to whatever fits better with your bias.

Live your life and be happy and thankful for everything you have.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:12 PM   #110
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Buy what you like. If the Meguiar's has been doing well for you, no reason to go away from it.

Optimum car wash is nice. Suds well but suds not a sign of lubricity. This soap is both high lubricity and good suds. Great for a 2 bucket wash.

For a cheap but good snow foam, chemical guys honeydew....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:22 PM   #111
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:

+ pressure washer, of course.

One thing to note, though... if you're doing this on a cold day (which I have done), the foam on the cold ground/driveway will freeze and get very icy. lol

Theirs a big difference from an MtM Hydro pf22 and the Amazon specials. I’ve tried 3 from Amazon and wouldn’t cut it with my electric PW.

If your PW has over 1.8 GPM’s absolutely save your money and buy a cheaper one from the A. This one was $30 but it works well with good GPM and i like that not only the cannon is brass but also the top of the bottle (threads). Doesn’t strip and that is the point where cheap cannons fail. Currently out of stock on the A but you can buy elsewhere

If you have less GPM’s and want that shaving cream foam save time and money and just buy the MTM one.

Note: most home-depot/Lowe’s electric ones are around 1.2-1.4 GPM’s. I have a Ryobi at 2100psi and 1.2 GSM’s and tried a few before i figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:44 AM   #112
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
At the time, yes. As science itself has evolved, so has that of the 'community.' These are also largely the same collection of people that perpetuated that the sun revolved around the Earth and that the Earth was the center of the universe.

Science taught us that bloodletting cured disease, until we learned that it not only didn't but likely led to infections.

We always know what we know because of science, until something happens that shows us otherwise. Right now, we "know" about climate change and our impact on it because of science. At some point, there could be a discovery of something accepted as significantly more concrete that changes that belief.
I’ll answer my own question: That was a long time ago.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote