#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #29
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonGofast View Post
Are you able to just hold on to multiple tunes at once and flash it whenever? I'm getting my car tuned by someone reputable locally, but would also like to compare it to a remote tuner like Pray. Then use something like Dragy and daily driving to test which I like more.
Yes, they are separate files. You will end-up with a bunch of them in your laptop including the stock tune.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #30
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Jannetty just finished my remote e60 tune today. It was a smooth and easy process. Ted is an awesome tuner.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #31
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
I’ve been tuning with Jannetty for about a week now. Car feels amazing so far. We are not done yet but I’m having to put a hold on my data logging due to weather for a few days. Really sucks bc we are almost there.

Smooth process and he works a lot faster than I do. Lol
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:05 PM   #32
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
I’ve been tuning with Jannetty for about a week now. Car feels amazing so far. We are not done yet but I’m having to put a hold on my data logging due to weather for a few days. Really sucks bc we are almost there.

Smooth process and he works a lot faster than I do. Lol
I had the same issues with weather. Hooking up with SC3s on 30 degree days for WOT (with all nannies turned off) is sketchy but mighty fun.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #33
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I am sorry for deleting a bunch of posts. I only did that out of respect of our Sponsors. The posts I deleted mentioned non-Sponsors, and even though I have no problems with anyone stated, some people pay to Sponsor our Community, and they have to be highlighted in these kinds of discussions. JRE shares and HAS SHARED A LOT in the past.

I encourage anyone interested to take comments to PMs. Again - it is only because of Sponsorship that I deleted the posts, and many were very helpful. My respect to those who took time to post those comment...

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #34
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I am sorry for deleting a bunch of posts.
Respectfully...
Ok. In my last post I ended by saying that the tuning process would be more efficient if the tuner was on the road in the car with you logging data, editing and reflashing the ECM tune.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #35
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm just a regular guy and only tuned my cars. They were street-tuned, mostly when I was by myself. The few times I had someone in the car, I asked them to help me watch ignition timing and give me an idea on where in my VE/VVE-tables I needed to work. That was helpful. It seems most professional tuners start on the dyno, and make the last adjustments on the street. I think some of it has to do with the dyno' acceleration rate being close, but not absolutely representative, so verifying the street tune is just better for loading the car, probably helping to find the most timing advance, for example.

It will likely take less time with a tuner like JRE, who has a lot of experience remote tuning. I probably would be done by now if I went that route with my car. I used a different person the last time around (I've used Ted in the past with great results) just because. This Gen V platform is crazy and it's not just the VVE, ignition, and transmission tuning anymore (there were some other critical ones, obviously), but going from Gen III stuff to this Gen V stuff is no joke. We still don't have all the tables (probably for good reason in some cases) available to us, and it's still crazy. It's kinda' fun though. Having an excuse to hammer the car can be handy if it's not your daily.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote