Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #71
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Probably the dumbest argument thread I've seen.

"GM needs to release an entry level V8!"

(GM releases an entry level V8)

"OMG Why did you buy an entry level V8? ZOMGLMAO ThePOORS"

Ya know what, buy an i4 Camaro, buy a ZL1 1LE... who cares... it's a Camaro... La Familia. The more that get sold regardless of trim, the better it is for all of us.

No option for the LT1 in '17 when I picked up mine and wanted Adrenaline Red leather. There were also no incentives on the 1LE's and my '17 was 8k under sticker. The rest is history.

That's because like so many things GM wrecked this angle to.
They should have went the Formula route, you lose all the lame stuff and keep all the performance stuff, but they did it backwards. I laugh when I see people buying LT1s and then adding options making it more than a 1SS.

If they would take out crap like I don't know, idiotic punchscreens I would buy the LT1 in a heartbeat, but I ordered a 1LE since there is no getting around tech garbage not needed.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #72
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
There are people posting about LT1's who believe having 305/30/20s out back is no advantage over 245/45/20. I beg to differ. Based on how easy it is to spin my tires I hate to think of what this car could do to a set of 245s.
For all seasons, the stock 245s are one of the better ones but they’re not performance tires. They’re fine if you never push your car but if you do, they’re hopeless. In everyday driving, I could inadvertently spin the tires with a half throttle acceleration.

It was a night and day difference when I swapped the 245s all seasons out with 305 summers in the back (265s up front). The tires I went with are just middle of the road nothing special Federals too. I’ll spend some money on the next set of tires. With the 245s, even with a perfect launch, it was impossible to get a clean hook. Even with the 305s, there’s no guarantee I’ll hook but I at least have a chance.

Last edited by seethruya; 02-14-2021 at 12:27 PM.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #73
seethruya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
That's because like so many things GM wrecked this angle to.
They should have went the Formula route, you lose all the lame stuff and keep all the performance stuff, but they did it backwards. I laugh when I see people buying LT1s and then adding options making it more than a 1SS.

If they would take out crap like I don't know, idiotic punchscreens I would buy the LT1 in a heartbeat, but I ordered a 1LE since there is no getting around tech garbage not needed.
I bought the LT1 purely on looks. If there was no LT1 trim, I wouldn’t own a Camaro. Since the only track I’ll ever see is the 1/4 mile, the SS extras are just luxury items for me and not a necessity. You do know the technology package with the larger screen is just a $900 option, right? If a potential LT1 owner could only pick one factory option, that’s the one I would recommend far above any other. I do agree when I see an LT1 with the RS package ($1,950 option) and wonder why didn’t the person just buy the SS.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:01 PM   #74
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
I bought the LT1 purely on looks. If there was no LT1 trim, I wouldn’t own a Camaro. Since the only track I’ll ever see is the 1/4 mile, the SS extras are just luxury items for me and not a necessity. You do know the technology package with the larger screen is just a $900 option, right? If a potential LT1 owner could only pick one factory option, that’s the one I would recommend far above any other. I do agree when I see an LT1 with the RS package ($1,950 option) and wonder why didn’t the person just buy the SS.
First of all, the RS pkg is $1,495.

It doesn’t make it an SS, nor does an SS automatically come with the things in an RS package.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:06 PM   #75
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
If it wasn’t for the LT1 trim I’d have bought a Scat Pack, but I came across the LT1 with the exact options I wanted at the right price.

The Camaros definitely drive better and feel sportier than the competition, but the SS didn’t offer things I wanted and was too expensive, plus the hidden costs and the wing spoiler, I’m not a fan.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #76
seethruya

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
First of all, the RS pkg is $1,495.

It doesn’t make it an SS, nor does an SS automatically come with the things in an RS package.
I stand corrected. The RS package is an $1,495 option but my original question stands. It seems like $1,495 going toward making the LT1 look more like an SS. Which defeats the purpose of the LT1 imo. Even though, I see more and more LT1’s with the RS package on dealer lots so perhaps they’re on to something.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:39 PM   #77
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
If it wasn’t for the LT1 trim I’d have bought a Scat Pack, but I came across the LT1 with the exact options I wanted at the right price.

The Camaros definitely drive better and feel sportier than the competition, but the SS didn’t offer things I wanted and was too expensive, plus the hidden costs and the wing spoiler, I’m not a fan.
What does the LT1 offer that the SS does not?
Old 02-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #78
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Less weight, tires that don't run out in the first 20K miles...

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:26 PM   #79
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
You say, you brought the LT1 based on looks, but you see an appearance package as a waste of money.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:13 PM   #80
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Cheaper price and thinner tires.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #81
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
60 pounds less weight, and it’s cheaper. Anyone touting inferior, and less visually appealing 245s as a positive is nuts.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #82
Crushin_LT1

Quote:
All seasons, no ridiculous spoiler, cheaper.

Generally Cheaper to run, I’m never going to race so there’s no need for summers, I mother eventually go up to wider tires, but rotatable all seasons is cheaper than summers - especially since I don’t race.

I’m not denigrating the SS, but it just didn’t fit my needs.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:53 PM   #83
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
All seasons, no ridiculous spoiler, cheaper.
What's "ridiculous" about the SS spoiler? It's not like it is a ZLE High Wing...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #84
Crushin_LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
What's "ridiculous" about the SS spoiler? It's not like it is a ZLE High Wing...
I think both spoilers are ridiculous. Personal taste, though. You can like the spoiler doesn’t change it.