Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-05-2021, 05:10 AM   #1
Tha_Infamous_E

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
INSTALL - ZL1 CF Spoiler

I ordered the Carbon Fiber ZL1 Spoiler online, however the shipment only arrived with the wing, 6.25" uprights, and some random screw-bolts with missing ends. I'm not sure what exactly is needed for a proper hardware installation, but I'm pretty sure there's important parts missing from the shipment and no online merchant selling the same unit has any spare.

Does anyone know what type of substitute installation hardware I'd need to assemble the uprights and wing together onto the deck-lid of the car?

These are the parts I've received:

Tha_Infamous_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:08 AM   #2
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Looks like the threaded rods go through the stanchions and into the wing and you re-use the nuts that are currently on the car. So I don't see the winglets on each side of the spoiler.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
what brand is this?
Old 02-05-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Looks like the threaded rods go through the stanchions and into the wing and you re-use the nuts that are currently on the car. So I don't see the winglets on each side of the spoiler.
The threaded rods don't go through the stanchions because the holes inside the stanchions go sideways and stuff, so the threaded rod can't go directly through it... I'm confused what these threaded rods are even supposed to do, they don't fit anywhere uniformly or drill into any piece perfectly... they're just there...

Also, I installed the winglets after this photo was taken, so they're included now on the piece, I just can't figure out how to use the threaded rods to connect the spoiler to the stanchions then onto the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
what brand is this?
What do you mean what brand? I bought it from an authorized retailer, but many diff companies sell the same unit, I don't know who the manufacturer is specifically.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:47 PM   #5
kropscamaro16

lol it has to have a brand unless its just gonna china made bullshit

anderson composites carbon creations vis etc...
Old 02-05-2021, 06:30 PM   #6
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
lol it has to have a brand unless its just gonna china made bullshit

anderson composites carbon creations vis etc...
I purchased it from an online retailer that claims they didn't make it, just middle-manned the sale from the manufacturer to me. I don't know who the actual manufacturer is, I just know the authorized retailer that sold it to me on the manufacturer's behalf. This is at least what they claimed when I inquired further. At the end, don't all the pieces have to be the same identical unit anyways...? They're supposed to fit on the same car so the holes and installation process has to be nearly identical too regardless of who sold or made them from when I understand?
Old 02-05-2021, 06:44 PM   #7
kropscamaro16

hmm thats a bit sketchy i normally know the name of who made the parts when i buy them especially if it was over $500 i would only put anderson composites parts or oem gm parts if i was dealing with carbon fiber but i used to work in the aero industry
Old 02-05-2021, 06:54 PM   #8
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Infamous_E View Post
I purchased it from an online retailer that claims they didn't make it, just middle-manned the sale from the manufacturer to me. I don't know who the actual manufacturer is, I just know the authorized retailer that sold it to me on the manufacturer's behalf. This is at least what they claimed when I inquired further. At the end, don't all the pieces have to be the same identical unit anyways...? They're supposed to fit on the same car so the holes and installation process has to be nearly identical too regardless of who sold or made them from when I understand?
I’m confused. Is this an OEM GM spoiler?
Old 02-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #9
Tha_Infamous_E

Quote:
hmm thats a bit sketchy i normally know the name of who made the parts when i buy them especially if it was over $500 i would only put anderson composites parts or oem gm parts if i was dealing with carbon fiber but i used to work in the aero industry
True, I mean they charged me $1200 for the spoiler as-it-is and couldn't even get the bolts sent to me properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I would say no, the original GM spoiler is around like $4.5K and this one is only $1.2K from what I'm able to see so it has to be an aftermarket identical part unless I somehow got the greatest price on an OEM kit missing vital installation parts.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:37 PM   #10
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Definitely not oem GM, the gm one has black stanchions, the winglets and stanchions are attached and they bolt to the deck lid on one piece with studs.

That's looks like one of the ebay ones, probably from China. It's not the Anderson Composites, not C7 Carbon

Last edited by Jaxcam02; 02-05-2021 at 08:57 PM.
Jaxcam02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:52 PM   #11
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Why dont you just tell us who the authorized retailer is?
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote