Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
hows sound deadened there trunk.

im looking to reduce road noise and the exhaust is just a little too loud. Im building a touring car and plan to take drive around the country. What did you use and how did you do it? cant find any how to on the 6th gen. how much material do i need. ill do the whole car eventually but ill start with the trunk. and the rest over the winter if it needs it moneys not a problem and i can do this all myself.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:05 AM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
This video touches on the places these guys applied sound deadening. I ran across the video a couple weeks ago while looking for sound upgrades. It’s lengthy but I believe around the 3:30-4:00 minute mark it touches on what they used for sound deafening. You can scold me later but there’s a small amount of information here. Oh yeah, by the 5 minute mark you’ll most likely be done watching.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9gRYbndccHc

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:30 AM   #3
Josh42089

Drives: 19 Chevy Camaro LTa
I’ve been doing sound deadening in my trunk for the subs I put in. I bought some noico 80mm material for 90 cad. It is 36 sqft. So far I have done all the floor of the trunk, spare tire, under the flimsy mat that covers the spare, trunk lid and under the rear deck speakers area. with about 4 sheets. It comes with 9. Seems to work well. Only down side id say is the aluminum backing on the product. Looks kind of tacky but you can’t see it anyway.
Josh42089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
JCunningham

i bought a Dynamat Xtream kit and a BlockIT trunk mat. ill do it on a rainy day. today was the 1st time i real could get the car out this year. has rained every day i could have all year.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 05-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
36sf of dynamat extreme will get all of your trunk the trunk lid and the back seat areas with some left over you can put it on everything you can easily get to with the roller and have some left
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #6
JCunningham

cool maybe ill get off my ass and do it during the next 2 days of rain.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:13 AM   #7
BigGuy81
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to BigGuy81 Send a message via AIM to BigGuy81 Send a message via Yahoo to BigGuy81
I think anywhere near the wheel wells would be a good place to add sound deadening. Lots of road noise in this car.
BigGuy81 is offline   Reply With Quote