Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2017, 01:27 AM   #1
Nightfall SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Header install intermediate shaft diconnect help

As the title states. Following instructions that came with kooks headers. Step says to disconnect steering intermediate shaft by removing the retaining bolt and then just moving it iut of the way. I have removed both bolts on the intermediate shaft but cant figure out how its supposed to move anywhere? Thanks in advance.
Nightfall SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #2
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Just slide it up if i remember right. As if you were shoving it through the firewall

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
Nightfall SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Yep that did it, thanks man. I saw a,slot in the side of it so i was trying to push it out laterally losing my mind lol. Headers are in, just need a tune and im tits.
Nightfall SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall SS View Post
Yep that did it, thanks man. I saw a,slot in the side of it so i was trying to push it out laterally losing my mind lol. Headers are in, just need a tune and im tits.
No problem man, that's what we're here for. Enjoy the new power and sound!

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #5
Sik_ss_justin

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
did it give you any trouble putting it back on? i took it out but now its too short to bolt back on, just curious if it gave you troubles
Sik_ss_justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:31 PM   #6
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I haven't put mine back yet but, I had one hell of a time pushing it upwards. If you jiggle it and pull downward, it should move. That's whst I had to do in order for it to move up so, makes sense that it would work the opposite direction.

Good luck
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:43 PM   #7
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
don't spin the wheel or you are probably screwed.... I'd tape or tie down the steering wheel just to be sure.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #8
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
My wheel turned on my header install, its not bad to fix. Just lockout steering wheel in one direction, then count revolutions to opposite lockout and split it. First time I pulled out of my garage was a scare because i hadn't realised the steering wheel had moved haha.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #9
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
You can recenter the wheel, but when I tried no-bueno and I had to take it to Firestone and use my lifetime warranty to get the clocking correct. I have NO idea why.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:47 PM   #10
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Interesting, that's a bummer. >.<
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:44 AM   #11
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
You can recenter the wheel, but when I tried no-bueno and I had to take it to Firestone and use my lifetime warranty to get the clocking correct. I have NO idea why.
Easiest way to verify is to turn the car on, put it in reverse, and get the guide lines to where they're straight.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:13 AM   #12
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
don't go spinning the wheel with the steering shaft disconnected. you're asking for clock spring trouble.