Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #29
Quicksilver2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 NPP
I spent about a grand on the DRX intake with a ported tb and the tune btw, yours being an automatic would gain more....
Old 09-17-2020, 05:34 PM   #30
Plastik

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Hurricane Tune

I received my SCT TSX tuner on Tuesday. Just took my first test drive during the tail end of Hurricane Sally with DynoSteve's tune uploaded in it.
Two things Stood out:

1. She asked my why I kept grinning after I got back. So I took her for a test ride, She just finished putting her donation in the swear Jar.

B. After 1 year of deliberation and throwing it out there on this forum, this is absolutely the best Bang for your $ that you can do to start. Every Mod I do now will get a Tune to maximize the HP to $ Ratio.

Looking at bolt on Mods while waiting for my tune (1 day Wait) just about every description of any part said: performance enhanced with tune, or something to that effect.

The loss of AFM, The tuned shift and the added HP of the Car makes the statement "This is the way the Car should have come from the factory" a very true statement.

Thanks everyone for all the input, it made a world of difference and Thanks to DynoSteve for working with me on the initial tune and answering my questions very quickly.

I have no doubt that there are many great Vendors and Techs out there but I really enjoyed talking with Steve and My purchase from RDP was flawless.

The CAI and LT headers with X pipe are next. I think the remainder in the swear Jar will cover it, especially with her recent Donation.

I have a buddy coming over Saturday to take a drive and check out the difference... I told him to bring some extra $5's... He'll be dropping $'s in the Jar too after he drives it!

Plastik
Plastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #31
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Glad to hear it, tunes makes a huge difference on autos.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:56 AM   #32
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastik View Post
Thanks to COVID I have all kinds of time on my hands but the budget has taken a wallop. Been looking at pretty much everything to get a little more smile when I hit the go pedal. Not afraid of wrenching on my own but working with only a grand, I am trying to squeeze every pony I can out of my swear jar cash.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. The car is almost bone stock and has 80k of (s)miles on it now.

2011 2ss Conv.

Thanks.
DIY cam install
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #33
Plastik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasthatacop? View Post
DIY cam install

The plan as of now is CAI, LT headers and then Cam... but I'm thinking heads, ported and polished, fast intake along with the cam...

Once I get through all that I might go for custom paint (I have family that does high end paint for restos and high end vehicles) I have been talking to him about putting dark cherry metal flake and clear over the black. It will still be a heavily driven ride but that's what I bought it for... to DRIVE! and it's so much more fun now!!!
Old 09-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #34
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
If you're like me, you're chirping all over town now lol. I know mine woke up from Steve's tune. Lots of fun now for ya

I'm dropping off my car October 2nd for a monster build. Be careful now that you been bit, it's hard to stop
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:19 PM   #35
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
The plan as of now is CAI, LT headers and then Cam... but I'm thinking heads, ported and polished, fast intake along with the cam...

Once I get through all that I might go for custom paint (I have family that does high end paint for restos and high end vehicles) I have been talking to him about putting dark cherry metal flake and clear over the black. It will still be a heavily driven ride but that's what I bought it for... to DRIVE! and it's so much more fun now!!!
That sounds like a great plan. I especially love the cherry paint with metal flakes
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #36
Plastik

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
If you're like me, you're chirping all over town now lol. I know mine woke up from Steve's tune. Lots of fun now for ya

I'm dropping off my car October 2nd for a monster build. Be careful now that you been bit, it's hard to stop

My poor, Poor tires... I can't help it. I push the pedal at a stop sign and the sounds and the smells are awesome!! When they let loose in 2nd I was like ... The beast has been UNLEASHED! I noticed the idle sounds better with the axle back deletes..

Not having that feel when the AFM kicks in and out makes it feel like I got all the cylinders I paid for. Gonna do Oil Change and Plugs tomorrow.. Oh and then I'll have to test the New Sparkers for response...
Old 09-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #37
Plastik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasthatacop? View Post
That sounds like a great plan. I especially love the cherry paint with metal flakes

Yeah I have talked to him about it a few times. I love the Black but would like a dark cherry shimmer in the sun, plus with 80K on it the chips, nicks and paint issues will be taken care of under coats and coats of clear. He said he could do the stock rims too. Black on the flat spokes facing out and Cherry metallic on the sides...

I am trying to get him to do a fiberglass cover for when the top is down that will cover everything up to the seat backs also. He's bitching about time so I have to keep hinting..
Old 09-18-2020, 07:45 PM   #38
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:

Look into the gpi rod mod ported intake over the fast. It’s the best N/A intake you can do and cheaper than the rest. Took me like a hour to do in my driveway. YouTube gpi ls3 intake the video shows them testing dozens of intakes and the rod mod shines.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:46 PM   #39
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
Look into the gpi rod mod ported intake over the fast. It’s the best N/A intake you can do and cheaper than the rest. Took me like a hour to do in my driveway. YouTube gpi ls3 intake the video shows them testing dozens of intakes and the rod mod shines.
This