Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2021, 04:05 AM   #1
Joogers

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Walkinshaw exhaust... thoughts ?

Hello all.

Down under 2019 ZL1 owner here.

Desperately trying to decide on an exhaust to get that drone free low rumble, even just cruising. Not a fan of the raspy track sound and will probably settle on a cat back system that maintains the npp. (Would love any suggestions here, and I have read all the forums, it’s just difficult to pick a setup.)

To complicate things I didn’t really want to do the headers or the price of this system but I came across it from an Australian producer and was wondering if anyone had seen, used, compared it. I think it looks nicer than anything I have seen and sounds pretty damn good, albeit, on the end of an iPhone.

https://formulatech.com.au/zl1-ss-full-exhaust/

https://m.facebook.com/WalkinshawPer...0276618107424/

https://m.facebook.com/WalkinshawPer...8170082453669/

Please convince me to get something that doesn’t change the headers or cost this much !
Joogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:23 AM   #2
Gary Frank

Drives: 07 Vette 19 Camaro92 350 S10
Sorry. I like the Kooks long tube ,hiflow cats ,AWE cat back, eliminate the npp.
Gary Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:35 AM   #3
Unclechopa
HSV re-engineered 2SS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS MY19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joogers View Post
Hello all.

Desperately trying to decide on an exhaust to get that drone free low rumble, even just cruising. Not a fan of the raspy track sound and will probably settle on a cat back system that maintains the npp. (Would love any suggestions here, and I have read all the forums, it’s just difficult to pick a setup.)

To complicate things I didn’t really want to do the headers or the price of this system but I came across it from an Australian producer and was wondering if anyone had seen, used, compared it. I think it looks nicer than anything I have seen and sounds pretty damn good, albeit, on the end of an iPhone.

Please convince me to get something that doesn’t change the headers or cost this much !

Hi Mate
Did you just buy your Car ? We haven't been able to get the Walkinshaw Exhaust since October 2020..
are you on any Aust Sites.. If you aren't Search FB Australian fifth and Sixth Gen Camaro group.
There is a group for most of the eastern states although there is non for WA... Lots of people to help you...
Look at the Street Fighter system if your after cat back.. There isn't a lot around in Oz..
The Americans don't tend to answer us as the time difference puts them in bed when we are active.
This is forum is good to research issues although you will get more response of the FB groups in Oz..
Unclechopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:38 AM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Hard to comment on this system, I have never even heard of it. That said, the quality looks outstanding!!!

I will give the same advice I would follow myself. Borla S-Type to me is the deeper/clean(not raspy) sound you and I are both after.

Not cheap for the ZL1, they only sell a catback system for the ZL1...no axleback option.

I think it will still be worlds cheaper than what you are looking at now.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Hard to comment on this system, I have never even heard of it. That said, the quality looks outstanding!!!

I will give the same advice I would follow myself. Borla S-Type to me is the deeper/clean(not raspy) sound you and I are both after.

Not cheap for the ZL1, they only sell a catback system for the ZL1...no axleback option.

Hey you don't have to do the catback. You can just do the axleback and everything should bolt on after you cut. They want you to get the X-pipe which you don't have to. I have a ZL1 and going with axleback. Reach out to a vendor like Complete Street Performance and they can explain to you which is what i did. If you also look at other exhaust they are out there as Camaro SS/ZL1 because the piping size is the same where you would make the cut.
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #6
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
Hey you don't have to do the catback. You can just do the axleback and everything should bolt on after you cut. They want you to get the X-pipe which you don't have to. I have a ZL1 and going with axleback. Reach out to a vendor like Complete Street Performance and they can explain to you which is what i did. If you also look at other exhaust they are out there as Camaro SS/ZL1 because the piping size is the same where you would make the cut.
This is true, but isnt the non-ZL1 version of the S-type a smaller diameter?

I could be wrong, but I think that is why some still pay for the full catback, to get the 3" exhaust piping.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:59 PM   #7
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

According to the description, this system includes headers, too. Still not exactly cheap, but it's hands down the most beautiful aftermarket exhaust I've ever seen. And, it even retains NPP functionality.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:45 PM   #8
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Expensive! That said, looks nice and well thought out, interesting the old school bolted flange joints. Is that an Australian requirement, how would an axle back work?
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:57 AM   #9
Joogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclechopa View Post
Hi Mate
Did you just buy your Car ? We haven't been able to get the Walkinshaw Exhaust since October 2020..
are you on any Aust Sites.. If you aren't Search FB Australian fifth and Sixth Gen Camaro group.
There is a group for most of the eastern states although there is non for WA... Lots of people to help you...
Look at the Street Fighter system if your after cat back.. There isn't a lot around in Oz..
The Americans don't tend to answer us as the time difference puts them in bed when we are active.
This is forum is good to research issues although you will get more response of the FB groups in Oz..
Gday.

Yep just got the car in December. I wrote to Walkinshaw direct and got a response from Formula Tech Performance in Western Australia (which is where I am), they can supply it and gave me the quote. $6788. They actually tried to up sell the CAI and tune as well. All for a lazy $10300. I love the look and sound, can’t stomach the price. Typical Aus pricing.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:00 AM   #10
Joogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
Expensive! That said, looks nice and well thought out, interesting the old school bolted flange joints. Is that an Australian requirement, how would an axle back work?
Flange joint is not a requirement as far as I know. Aussies do love the the ‘flange’ though.
Not sure if it means the same in the US as it does here, but sure you can work it out, haha.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:31 AM   #11
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joogers View Post
Hello all.

$7k exhaust....should be good for an additional 100hp.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:22 AM   #12
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
$7k exhaust....should be good for an additional 100hp.
It equates to about $5200 USD
Old 01-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #13
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
It equates to about $5200 USD
It sure looks the stuff, $5200 for that quality and header back is not as insane as it first seemed.

Kooks, Green Cats, and a ZL1 Borla catback would probably get you close to that cost.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:04 PM   #14
LilredHR

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 50th 6MT
Maybe I'm nitpicking but for 5k id at least want 304 stainless, that said it definitely looks nice
LilredHR is offline   Reply With Quote