Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 05-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Air Conditioning Issues

I am so disappointed that I felt the need to share. I have had my 6th Gen for 5 weeks now and of that, I've driven it for maybe 3. The air conditioning randomly goes from blowing cold air to warm, with no reason found to date. The dealership has already replaced a wiring harness and is now in the process of replacing some other parts of the unit. They also managed to chip my door the last time it was there so they are supposed to repair that too. The scary part is they don't seem to know what really is causing the problem. How long do I let this go on? Lemon Law in my state says if it's in 4 times i should qualify. This is the 3rd trip back.

How long do you guys think I should let this go? And should I be asking for some kind of compensation? I'm paying for a car I can't drive.

Thanks for listening...
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
I am so disappointed that I felt the need to share. I have had my 6th Gen for 5 weeks now and of that, I've driven it for maybe 3. The air conditioning randomly goes from blowing cold air to warm, with no reason found to date. The dealership has already replaced a wiring harness and is now in the process of replacing some other parts of the unit. They also managed to chip my door the last time it was there so they are supposed to repair that too. The scary part is they don't seem to know what really is causing the problem. How long do I let this go on? Lemon Law in my state says if it's in 4 times i should qualify. This is the 3rd trip back.

How long do you guys think I should let this go? And should I be asking for some kind of compensation? I'm paying for a car I can't drive.

Thanks for listening...
That stinks! I would definitely ask for compensation, especially if it has been at the dealer the whole time. Good luck.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Camaro36

Drives: Camaro 2SS
My AC decided to turn off randomly this week for a brief period. Once I was able to
Come to my destination and turn off the car I turned it back on and it decided to start working. Kinda scary.....I'm praying that was just a weird hiccup.
Camaro36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #4
pjz1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro36 View Post
My AC decided to turn off randomly this week for a brief period. Once I was able to
Come to my destination and turn off the car I turned it back on and it decided to start working. Kinda scary.....I'm praying that was just a weird hiccup.
That's exactly what happens to mine. Once I turn off the vehicle and restart, the AC is fine. I will keep you updated as to what happens in case you have the same issue.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
Camaro36

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Yeah keep me updated. It has only happened to me once. How many times has it happened to you?

Also when it did happen, my heated and cooled seats wouldn't turn on. I want to say none of the buttons on that panel worked. Does that sound familiar?
Camaro36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #6
MovieGuy

I made the Ford dealership repair the paint they damaged on my Mustang twice. I always inspect the car before I leave the dealership.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
pjz1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro36 View Post
Yeah keep me updated. It has only happened to me once. How many times has it happened to you?

Also when it did happen, my heated and cooled seats wouldn't turn on. I want to say none of the buttons on that panel worked. Does that sound familiar?
It happened to me pretty much daily. And every time I would have to restart the car and it would go back to blowing cold air. I just got the car back and they replaced an hvac sensor this time. We'll see if that does the trick. They also repainted my door. Overall I'm not happy with the dealership and will not be buying another car from there, ever. Here's hoping it's finally fixed and I can enjoy the car finally!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #8
pjz1082

My car is a base 1LT so I don't have any of the heated or cooled seats.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:08 AM   #9
gdespaux

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro/2LT RS
Just curious if your engine heats up as well? Apparently water entered the harness for the cooling fan in mine causing it to not kick on at all. Didn't realize at first since it runs fine while driving and the AC would just get warm at red lights. Once it overheated at idle I got it towed in to dealer. Waiting on them to fix it

2016 Hyper Blue A8 2LT RS

Previous:

2010 Victory Red 2LT

I've never had a V8
gdespaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:35 PM   #10
pjz1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdespaux View Post
Just curious if your engine heats up as well? Apparently water entered the harness for the cooling fan in mine causing it to not kick on at all. Didn't realize at first since it runs fine while driving and the AC would just get warm at red lights. Once it overheated at idle I got it towed in to dealer. Waiting on them to fix it
No, I didn't have any over-heating issues. I've had the car back for 4 days now and the ac has been behaving. Mine appears to have been a defective sensor. I will try to update this thread later with the exact part they replaced.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #11
pjz1082

Just an update, the dealer replaced the HVAC control module and it worked ok for about a week. Now it's back to going out every day. Car is back in the shop again for the 4th attempt to repair. It also seems like the dealer is doing everything possible to not tear apart the dash to get at the HVAC wire harness. I have a feeling that will need to be the next step though. So much for a "new" car
Old 05-31-2016, 04:15 PM   #12
pjz1082

Latest update: the dealer actually got the AC issue to happen while hooked up to their computers. They will need to replace the HVAC temp actuator on the left side of the system. This is the part that they thought it was to start with but GM tech told them it wasn't...go figure.

Anyways, a couple days to get the part, couple days to install and test, hopefully i will have the car back by this weekend. Fingers crossed. I am apparently the only person in the country to have this issue so far but something tells me I won't be for long. Hopefully this thread helps someone in the future! I will continue to update with any new info.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:11 AM   #13
vetteman

Drives: vette
I have same issue and they can't fix it - good luck.....please post if they fix it and how they did it

its gonna be a recall soon I'm sure.
vetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:54 PM   #14
pjz1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
I have same issue and they can't fix it - good luck.....please post if they fix it and how they did it

its gonna be a recall soon I'm sure.
The dealer has replaced the actuator and I go to pick up the vehicle tomorrow. I will post again soon with any updates. The dealer said they were able to replace the part without tearing apart the dash like GM told them too.