Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Question Looking for input befor ordering a 2014

Hi, I'm brand new to this site and hoping to get some advice and tips before placing an order for a new 2014 Camaro. So far, I'm fairly certain of the options I do want, just don't want to overlook or waste money and be disappointed afterwards.

This is where I'm at as of now:

For sure:
-Crystal Red Tintcoat
-SS1
-1LE Performance Package
-Dual Mode Performance Exhaust
-Boston Acoustics Premium 9-Speaker Audio System

On the fence:
-Red Rock Metallic
-Red Hot
-SS2
-Rally Sport Package
-Front Recaro Performance Bucket Seats
-MyLink 7" Colour Touch Navigation

Any help is appreciated as I know there are some great opinions and lots of experience out there so thanks a million in advance.

Last edited by SSMY1LE; 12-26-2013 at 03:37 PM.
SSMY1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I saw a 14 red hot SS on the road this morning I thought looked really good. If you are getting the 1LE you should also spring for the Recaro seats. The HID headlights that come with the RS are probably worth it if you do a lot if night driving. The rest is just icing on the cake, get them if you like lots of icing...
Old 12-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
If leather, heated seats and head up display aren't important to you, go with the 1SS. You'll save some money and won't have to deal with options you don't necessarily want or need.

With Recaros, I caution people to try before you buy because they feel completely different than the stock seats. They are more firm and narrow than the stock seats. So, some of the wider folks like me will find them less comfortable. If you get Recaros in a 1SS, the front seats are leather with microfiber suede insterts but the rear seats remain cloth.

Navigation isn't necessary for me because I have found that the nav on my phone works just as well. Factory nav systems have to be updated every couple of years to keep up with current roads and changes due to new construction. You can pay up to $200 for an update.

RS is a plus for me just for the HID headlights. I loved having HIDs on my Camaros. The difference in light output is substantial. If you dive at night, you'll appreciate them.

Can't help you with color. That's a decision for you to make when you see them all. Out of those colors though, I prefer Red Hot then Red Rock. Crystal Red doesn't do it for me.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
I have a "13 2SS/1LE/RS/nav/npp

Here is my perspective:

I wanted the 2ss for the gauges primarily, however the HUD is a must have once you have used it. I never have to look away, I can tell speed, rpm turn signals next song on the radio/iPod. Also if you have the nav the directions pop up their too.

I had to get a nav because I could not find a ashen grey 1le w/o it, I too was against it because my phone had it. Now that I have it, I'd buy it again w/o a doubt, the integration with the car is really good. You can pull up the nearest gas station with the lowest prices and get directions all with a couple button presses. I like it much better than my phone.

RS is really nice just for the halo looks and better lights at night. Body color rain drop moldings and shark fin ant are nice too.

NPP is a must have pulling the fuse was the first mod I did to my car, makes it sound like a v8 should.

2ss interior is a lot nicer than the 1ss, leather seats and interior lighting, door panels and dash are much better looking IMHO.

The gauges and back camera and premium ba stereo are nice as well. Make sure to get the ba that way even if you upgrade the amp later on you have the wiring for a nice stereo system (fark harness)

Recaros I can't say, but I agree with above poster sit in and see if they are comfortable for you. I'd have probably gotten them if they were an option since I do autocross and want to road race.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
I like your on the fence choice,Go Red Rock!! Crystal red everyone jumped on when it was launched, but so many out there now its played out, be different and get a different red. I also agree to check the recaros real good and see how you like them fitment wise. I think also it would be wiser to go 7" touch then worry about the boston sound system in other package, more options to upgrade costwise in speaker systems then touch displays for the money, cause you can always add later. dual mode exhaust in first package is not a big deal either, you can change your exhaust to sound as you wish down the rode and even throw in switch activated elec cutouts if you want sounds options on the fly.

just my .02

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
The 14 RS taillights is a big difference from non rs taillights. But you need to look at them on YouTube to compare.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
In terms of color, that is a personal choice that you alone can make. You may want to visit the camaro picture link to view the colors available that you are interested in.

In terms of the other options, you will need to price them out to see whether you can agree with the cost of the items.

If you want my opinion, I would recommend the 2SS (2ss or 3ss?...dunno..the top trim option) option with 1LE (in case you do not like the wrapped hood then inquire whether you could delete this feature), the NPP exhaust and Recaro Sport Seats. IMO this would really make your camaro experience pop if you were to add these features to your order. Good luck.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Murse

Drives: 2014 1LE (STORMTROOPER)
I just picked up my 2014 1SS, RS, 1LE with NPP on Sunday. Ordered her on 11/8. I too was on the fence with 1SS/2SS but ended up ordering a 1SS due to 100+ degree summers here, and I don't regret it one bit. Once you are behind the wheel and the NPP exhaust is roaring behind you..... nothing else matters! I was also on the fence about the RS package..... I am so happy I added it, the halo daytime running lights looks amazing! I have gotten as many compliments on the lights as on the car.

-Now as per the sound system..... I priced much better speakers at Best Buy for less money than the Boston, so I'm going that route.

-I didn't go with the Recaro seats due to my size, I'm 6'4" 250, and although I fit in them, they didn't seem practical for long drives. I don't plan on tracking it. Plus if you go with the 2SS you will only have the back seats in leather, but it doesn't cost any less.

-The only thing I regret not adding is the reverse camera.... this car must be parked in reverse, and the visibility sucks donkey @ss.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1388114114
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
SSMY1LE

Wow, great response thanks so much, I knew you guys would give me the help I'm looking for.
I think the biggest hurdle I have is the 1SS or 2SS. The price difference is about $5500 and I don't know if I can justify it. The leather seats are nice and I'm sure the HUD is quite unique and fun but several of the other items like heated mirrors for example, are a waste. It drives me crazy how you have to order a complete package to get one item, wouldn't it be nice to just order what you want ??
I was first thinking of the Red Hot color because it really looks nice with the black hood, wheels, spoiler and air dam. Most of the pictures I've seen are different depending on the camera so I'll certainly have to track down and look at them in person to decide.
The RS option is also a bit pricey at $1400 considering that is basically for headlights and LED tail lights, the other stuff is different for the 1LE like wheels/spoiler. (I don't care what the tail lights look like, the only people that will see them will be Mustang drivers)
I'm not really looking for a luxury type of car, I've always had older muscle cars that are barbaric so just having air/power windows etc is a huge step up !!

Keep the opinions coming, pictures will be much appreciated too.

BTW, Murse, I do love the white too, it was also one of my picks and you never know, at the last second I might blurt out WHITE !!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Rob View Post
Wow, great response thanks so much, I knew you guys would give me the help I'm looking for.
I think the biggest hurdle I have is the 1SS or 2SS. The price difference is about $5500 and I don't know if I can justify it. The leather seats are nice and I'm sure the HUD is quite unique and fun but several of the other items like heated mirrors for example, are a waste. It drives me crazy how you have to order a complete package to get one item, wouldn't it be nice to just order what you want ??
I was first thinking of the Red Hot color because it really looks nice with the black hood, wheels, spoiler and air dam. Most of the pictures I've seen are different depending on the camera so I'll certainly have to track down and look at them in person to decide.
The RS option is also a bit pricey at $1400 considering that is basically for headlights and LED tail lights, the other stuff is different for the 1LE like wheels/spoiler. (I don't care what the tail lights look like, the only people that will see them will be Mustang drivers)
I'm not really looking for a luxury type of car, I've always had older muscle cars that are barbaric so just having air/power windows etc is a huge step up !!

Keep the opinions coming, pictures will be much appreciated too.

BTW, Murse, I do love the white too, it was also one of my picks and you never know, at the last second I might blurt out WHITE !!
The price difference won't be that much with your must have options. You're looking at about $3500 difference between a 1SS with your must haves and a 2SS with 1LE and NPP.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
SSMY1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
The price difference won't be that much with your must have options. You're looking at about $3500 difference between a 1SS with your must haves and a 2SS with 1LE and NPP.
You're right, the 2SS is $5500 more, (minus the $2000 for Recaro seats) so it'd be a $3500 difference to gain the leather seats. The RS would add another $1400 though the way I see it.............is that correct ?
Old 12-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Well with whatever package you decide on , I just want to say Thanks I look forward to seeing it being built and coming off the line !

Be sure to post a picture or two

Mike Judge
Super60

Ps...The Camera and HUD's are sweet !

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
banter

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6 Black
The Ricaro seats are a waste if you don't plan on tracking it IMO. When I ordered mine, I too was on the fence about 1SS or 2SS. Then I brought a few things into perspective. I don't want to spend this much money on a car and not be satisfied with certain aspects. I couldn't imagine paying around $40k for a car and it having cloth interior. The rear camera (as mentioned before) is a huge convenience due to the lack of rear visibility. NPP exhaust is an absolute must, no question. The RS package is definitely going to be down to your taste of what it's worth, but I couldn't go without those mean looking halos personally. $3500 more might sound like a lot on paper, but when it comes to monthly payments on a loan, you may be surprised how little it actually affects it.
banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #14
SSMY1LE

After looking at hundreds of pictures I'm going to go with the Red Hot color. I really think the black hood and wheels with the red calipers go together amazingly well.
Now it's down to deciding on the SS1 or SS2, I can certainly see both sides of the argument, I'm starting to lean to the SS2. I'll worry about paying for it later I guess !