Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-07-2020, 03:00 AM   #1
sequal

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
19 2SS Lower DRL's

Hello friends across the Pacific.

When HSV converted the 2019 2SS from left to right hand drive for the Australian / NZ market, they removed the lower DRL's. Unlike the Euro 16 -> 18 version of the Camaro, they left the side markers working, just removing the DRL's.

I'm want to add them back to my car, but I've got a couple of questions:

When indicating, the upper DRL's within the headlights turn off. Do the lower DRL's stay on while indicating?

I've not taken the bumper off yet, so does anyone know if the harness that runs the DRL's is only for the lower DRL's and the side markers? The headlights are run on a different harness? This part: Harness - GM (84489658)
sequal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Not too sure on the harness but if anything, Gen5DIY either already has one or can make one for you.

I believe only the headlight DRL turns off when indicating as from factory while the lower does not.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #3
FrostZ

Drives: 2019 A10 ZL1
I have had a bit of experience with the lights on our cars and the lower bumper DRL’s are part of the bumper harness so more than likely the plug is just left sitting disconnected. In theory you should be able to just pull the bumper mount the DRL’s plug them and you’ll be on your way! When using the blinkers the headlights become a switchback so they are the blinker and the white is gone, the lower DRL within the bumper stays on all the time.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:22 PM   #4
sequal

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Not too sure on the harness but if anything, Gen5DIY either already has one or can make one for you.

I believe only the headlight DRL turns off when indicating as from factory while the lower does not.

I'm in contact with Gen5Diy and I'm 99% sure I will be going with them, I'm just gathering some information. What we need is new, so they are designing a new solution for the AU/NZ market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostZ View Post
I have had a bit of experience with the lights on our cars and the lower bumper DRL’s are part of the bumper harness so more than likely the plug is just left sitting disconnected. In theory you should be able to just pull the bumper mount the DRL’s plug them and you’ll be on your way! When using the blinkers the headlights become a switchback so they are the blinker and the white is gone, the lower DRL within the bumper stays on all the time.
When HSV converted the car, they moved the main harness from the original passengers side of the car to the original drivers side. This included changing the bumper harness so it connects from the opposite side from original too.

Others have said that it was a replacement bumper harness used, so unfortunately it won't be plug and play.

Good to know that it stays on, I want to get my car back to looking and acting factory, so will check this is the case.

Last edited by sequal; 12-07-2020 at 02:58 PM.
sequal is offline   Reply With Quote