Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 06-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #15
sequal

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by articblueSS View Post
I installed mine last weekend, without taking the wheels off. It took about an hour. The fronts were easy. The rear were a real pain. If I was going to do it again, I’d probably take the rear wheels off.
I attempted to install mine last weekend.

Fronts, I left the wheels on and just went to full lock to give me room to install them. Probably took 20 mins each corner.

Rears, that's apparently a job for another weekend when I can take the wheels off. I briefly tried with the wheels on, but the only tools I have available would have made it a very tough install due to space.

Last edited by sequal; 06-15-2020 at 06:20 PM.
sequal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #16
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequal View Post
I attempted to install mine last weekend.

Fronts, I left the wheels on and just went to full lock to give me room to install them. Probably took 20 mins each corner.

Rears, that's apparently a job for another weekend when I can take the wheels off. I briefly tried with the wheels on, but the only tools I have available would have made it a very tough install due to space.

Agreed you certainly can do it without removing the wheels. My son and I agreed that since this was our first adventure with this modification it would be best to dissect it thoroughly and removed the wheels. And it gave us time to thoroughly wash and treat the inside of the wheels

You in AU!!!!
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:17 PM   #17
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
FYI, fronts are harder than the rear due to the rivets. The rears direct bolt.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:33 AM   #18
sequal

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post

Agreed you certainly can do it without removing the wheels. My son and I agreed that since this was our first adventure with this modification it would be best to dissect it thoroughly and removed the wheels. And it gave us time to thoroughly wash and treat the inside of the wheels
It's probably about time I did the same, removing all 4 corners giving them a good clean. Installing the rear splash guards is as good an excuse as I'm going to come across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
You in AU!!!!
Yep, every time I see the price of shipping for all the items I want to buy for my Camaro, I remember how far away I am from the US!
sequal is offline   Reply With Quote