Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 07-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #15
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
The performance numbers the OP threw out make the RS comparable to a V6 Camaro.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #16
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorymick View Post
Your better off comparing the RS to the RS Camaros's. Then the focus might have a chance.

You better believe that when I've got some mods on my little turbo 4 Camaro I'll be looking for a focus rs to run.

It's not unreasonable for me to have over 300/300 to the wheels in this 2.0L with some mods and a tune. If that RS focus is 350 flywheel. It should make for a good race.

Leave the V8 Mustangs for the SS guys to rip apart...
Well said! Leave the SS out of this since the V6 is much more comparable.

The Focus's advantage vs a V6 Camaro is weight and the AWD. They're a only a few tenth off straight line performance so it will be close! On the twisties, maybe upgrade the tires on the V6?
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:13 AM   #17
ge77in

Drives: 2015 TLX
Yeah Motortrend compared the Camaro SS to M4. It was very close. Camaro won

Then Motortrend compared the M4 to M2. M2 won.

Here English magazine compared M2 to Focus RS. Focus was very close to m2 in performance around a track.

I will assume m2 vs camaro ss would be a fair match.

I know they are different vehicles most people won't be cross shopping focus rs vs camaro ss. I was mostly interested in track performance, their handling and grip. i appreciate your inputs. i am leaning toward Camaro SS probably slight used 2016.
ge77in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:04 AM   #18
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
If you listen to their reasoning, its very subjective. Objectively, the M4 has better performance, but the MT guys ragged on the car for things like the sound of the engine, the fact that the tester was $80k and had cloth seats, etc.

Also going for it is the fact that the M2 is about the same size and has similar driving dynamics as the beloved older version of the M4.

The SS Camaro matches (and surpasses in many aspects) the performance of the M4, and the M2 does not, even though Motor Trend said they liked the M2 better.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #19
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
If you want a fun hot hatch just save yourself a ton of money and buy a used Focus ST. Same seats, tons of fun, better mileage, and so far mine has been really reliable. And you could potentially get it for less than half of what the RS costs. The RS is a cool car, but no way I'm dropping $40K on it.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:08 PM   #20
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
Point A to point B the camaro v6 and probably even the 4cyl, is hands down faster. The focus has a lot of oversteer which makes for a lot of fun, but it's not the fastest way to get from A to B.

My cobalt ss had tons of oversteer and was a damn fast car too. Not only is the camaro faster but I prefer the way it reacts to aggressive driving much more than the cobalt which is most likely the same way I would feel about the focus.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #21
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
There is lots of information out there about the RS being at the edge of the envelope for what the engine and drivetrain The switch to FWD seems to be more common than the Z06 slipping into limp home mode.

I was intrigued by the Ford Focus. I considered it for a short while. I bought the SS.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awd, focus rs