Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #43
Socalpilot

Drives: 2016 2SS Blue Velvet Metallic
I have watched several reviews from these guys (actually the other tester used to be a real huge Dude). Their reviews (in my opinion) are the weakest on the internet and they usually are the last ones to get decent cars to review. They test up in Colorado near Denver I think. Just my 2 cents
Socalpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #44
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by tswilie View Post
OK, Hotlap, you really know how to outfit a car. I am in the option deciding mode. I am doing the 2SS because I want the Kalahari seats which I see you have. The blade spoiler is fantastic. I am thinking of the black bow tie as well. I am trying to decide on wheels, the ones you've chosen look great. How did you decide on these options? looking at pictures on the website? going to dealerships? just curious as it looks as though you did your homework.
Here is my hyper blue blade spoiler:
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:08 AM   #45
tswilie

Drives: 2006 Honda accord v6 6sp manual
nice, thank you for the blade spoiler pics they do make a difference IMHO.
tswilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #46
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
The no low end torque comments are two fold. First as was already mentioned the Camaro is putting the power to the ground so effectively that it's not overwhelming the traction and therefore seems like less torque. Secondly a 900 mile car is not broken in yet. Everything is still new and tight and wearing in. In short the engine hasn't reached it's full potential yet.
Also what performance mode was he in? Could have been experiencing torque management.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #47
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Really should have put the Performance Package Mustang GT against the SS. Honestly, those two are more in direct comparison to each other. The other Mustang GT packages are a step down/away from the SS.

I've driven the S550 in various configurations. The GT Premium I drove, less the Performance Package at an autocross was about as bad as this Paul guy in the video indicates. It isn't the car's fault. Those all season Pirelli tires just suck for anything performance. The chassis and suspension aren't all that bad, really, even without the Performance Package. However, neither the base GT suspension nor the Performance Package are as well set up for performance as the Camaro SS suspension, even non-MRC. The dampers on the Camaro SS base suspension are actually quite good for stock. The Mustang GT PP are lacking.

Both engines are down on power due to the low air density at the high elevation. As for the Camaro SS, the vehicle is not fully broken in (as mentioned). Aside from that, I am really baffled on the driver, Paul's, comments on torque from the LT1...

Ford always greatly compromises their "Performance" or "Track" packages for the common buyer and/or cost. I got tired of this and went to Camaro. They even did this with the GT350R (Ford, you were so close to making a TRUE, old-Ford "Total Performance" Mustang). Nevertheless, I LOVE the GT350.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:22 PM   #48
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28guy30 View Post
Some Mustang guys on a certain website I won't name like to say things like $4000 more for a Camaro SS isn't much for .3-.4 tenths in the 1/4 mile.
My favorite is when they say this and then explain that "you can easily beat an SS by simply adding/swapping in a handful of aftermarket parts" that total more than the $4000 price gap.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:38 AM   #49
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
My favorite is when they say this and then explain that "you can easily beat an SS by simply adding/swapping in a handful of aftermarket parts" that total more than the $4000 price gap.
...while voiding their warranty! That has monitory value also.

It's satisfying to know you can pull a bus length on a stock GT and be able to take it to the dealer if something breaks. With white numbers on the windshield.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #50
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
...while voiding their warranty! That has monitory value also.

It's satisfying to know you can pull a bus length on a stock GT and be able to take it to the dealer if something breaks. With white numbers on the windshield.
Got that right! The 5.0 with 3.73's isn't too bad I'll admit.. I had one and it had good top end. But the SS is just on another level!

Mustang guys will never appreciate the power until they drive one.. regardless of how many videos of them doing 12's flat or low 12s.. I know I didnt!
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:10 AM   #51
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
And now the 2017 Camaros are offering line lock so you can burn through those tires really quick.
I cringe every time I see someone doing huge burnouts with these expensive tires. Yeah at the drag strip maybe a short burnout, but not just for fun, unless you have tons of money to, literally, burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
I have to say the reviews were pretty accurate. At least for me.

Had a loaded-loaded 2015 GT and now have the SS. The Mustang is more comfortable to drive. Dash is laid out nicer for me. The seats are much nicer with the premium leather. The Shaker audio system is untouchable by Gm as is the Sync system. The driver's perspective is much better. But I went from a '13 Grand sport to it so no surprise.

That being said my SS handles much better and is much more connected to the highway and roads. It is just, hands down, a lot more fun to drive. The Mustang is 'bad' and the SS is 'bad-azz',

I was searching for a GT350 as the next car and since owning the SS I am now waiting to check out the ZL1 or the Z28. If I can lose 50 lbs then a Vette is back on the radar!

Nothing is perfect for everybody. But it sure is fun.
Gees, it looks like you've bought more cars in the last 5 or 6 years than me, I shared that fact with my wife since she calls me an addict!

On the comparo: I was amazed when the guy said the Camaro is lacking in torque and my only thought was, compared to what? When I was living and working in Italy, I was honored to have the Italian Ferrari Challenge Cup champion drive my 2002 C5 Corvette on a short road course. When he got on the back stretch, he tried several times to do a tire burning U turn and stalled the car ever time. He came back saying the Corvette had no low end torque compared to a Ferrari. I had to laugh...take the traction control off and give it another try, buddy.

This test was absolutely worthless in my opinion. The comments were truly disingenuous and meant nothing. I wonder if they shouldn't invite a well known current owner do the testing instead of a magazine guy who has no clue about the car. I VOLUNTEER.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote