Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
svtfever

Drives: ford escape
another gt350 vs..

hey guys, I'm new here. I have always been a Ford Mustang guy but not bc I hate Chevy. mustangs have just always been cheaper to own. I recently sold my 2016 gt performance pack for a gt350 allocation. build time should be several months. I love that it had dual mode exhaust and mag ride. the dealer is not charging any markup so it will be around 60k. but I started cross shopping the 350 against other cars and I had no idea you could get those same features in the ss. I can get a fully loaded 2ss with those features for far less. plus the Camaro has some really neat tech in it. so I may be switching to a Camaro but have a few q?

how does the mag ride in Camaro compare to suspension in the 350. how do the seats compare to the mustang gt seats. the mustang seats hug pretty well even in base trim.

is the bigger brakes option on the SS a must? how do they compare to the gt performance pack.
svtfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
I cannot directly answer your questions, but if your not already considering a SS with 1LE option, you should. It will have many of the options you mentioned like track oriented performance suspension with mag ride, big brakes and Recaro seats. However, it will not have the some of the tech items I believe. But if its priced in the 42-45k range as many have suggested, it will be a heck of a bargain.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:49 PM   #3
svtfever

yea. I've been looking at the new 1le and love it, but I'd hate loosing some of the tech
Old 06-22-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtfever View Post
hey guys, I'm new here. I have always been a Ford Mustang guy but not bc I hate Chevy. mustangs have just always been cheaper to own. I recently sold my 2016 gt performance pack for a gt350 allocation. build time should be several months. I love that it had dual mode exhaust and mag ride. the dealer is not charging any markup so it will be around 60k. but I started cross shopping the 350 against other cars and I had no idea you could get those same features in the ss. I can get a fully loaded 2ss with those features for far less. plus the Camaro has some really neat tech in it. so I may be switching to a Camaro but have a few q?

how does the mag ride in Camaro compare to suspension in the 350. how do the seats compare to the mustang gt seats. the mustang seats hug pretty well even in base trim.

is the bigger brakes option on the SS a must? how do they compare to the gt performance pack.

I would suggest you go test drive a 2SS with mag ride. The seats are great, they don't hug like a Recaro but the bolsters are very good and they are very comfortable. The 6 piston brakes are only worthwhile if you plan to track the car. The standard Brembos are more than enough for spirited street driving. The NPP exhaust is also another great option as you can set it from stealth to track mode to achieve the exhaust volume you desire.

The magride is also very nice. You get three modes, Tour, Sport and Track. Tour will be softer than a non-MRC car and Track will be firmer. In the 2SS trim you get the safety tech, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, backup sensors. Bose stereo, Apple CarPlay android auto, HUD with g-meter, customizable interior lighting, lighted door sills, ventilated and heated leather seats, heated steering wheel, etc.

If I could sum it up, the new Camaro SS is basically a 4 seater Corvette. There are folks clocking 3.7-3.9 0-60 times, 1/4mi in 12 seconds. The 1LE will beef up the springs and sway bars even more and optimized the MRC for track use. If you are a track rat this is the best bang for the buck. If you really just cruise the streets/daily driver then the 2SS may appeal more with all,the creature comforts and tech.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #5
svtfever

yep, this will be a daily driver.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:41 AM   #6
svtfever

reading about the 1le, what does the e-dif actually do?
Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 AM   #7
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
It controls the torque to wax rear wheel. Instead of relying on clutches or gears, the e diff is electronically controlled by the computer. Depending on your drive mode, the diff will behave differently.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:57 AM   #8
svtfever

I'm coming from the torsen diff in the gtpp I had and loved it, will the stock ss diff be compatible
Old 06-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #9
Lucely Engineered

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
A 2SS with NPP, MRC, and Performance brakes would be very comparable to a GT350 on the track. Id say better on the street for comfort, and features. (In my opinion based off of cross shopping)
Old 06-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #10
svtfever

now I'm debating on brakes. I liked the gtpp big brakes, even if it's not needed on street car. 3k is big money though.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #11
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
It really depends on what is most important to you...if you really value the creature comforts as well as mag ride and dual mode exhaust go with the 2SS. The GT350 is a really great car but it skews towards the track and you will be paying a lot more money for likely a car that is just a few seconds faster around a track than a 2SS.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:37 PM   #12
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
now I'm debating on brakes. I liked the gtpp big brakes, even if it's not needed on street car. 3k is big money though.
Good news. The Camaro outperforms the GTPP in every way.... including braking. Motor Trend stopped 5 feet less.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...rd-mustang-gt/

SS (left) vs GTPP (right)
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:43 PM   #13
svtfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Good news. The Camaro outperforms the GTPP in every way.... including braking. Motor Trend stopped 5 feet less.

SS (left) vs GTPP (right)
awesome, but can we tell from the graph if that tested camaro had the standard 4 piston fronts or the 6? those numbers sure dont lie though.

i am leaning toward the 2ss more and more. the 350 is a beast but may not have much usable power on the street unless really ringing out the engine. and the 2ss loaded up has a ton of tech that i would love to have.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:11 PM   #14
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
awesome, but can we tell from the graph if that tested camaro had the standard 4 piston fronts or the 6? those numbers sure dont lie though.

i am leaning toward the 2ss more and more. the 350 is a beast but may not have much usable power on the street unless really ringing out the engine. and the 2ss loaded up has a ton of tech that i would love to have.
It had the standard brakes. Here is a link and a comparison of spec. I've heard it described by owners that the PP is more street orient than actual performance.
http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...rd-mustang-gt/
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote