Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 04-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #29
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I used the Redline stuff with no issues, but I didn't notice an improvement, so next time I may go with GM or GM Synchromesh.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:38 AM   #30
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if going with Amsoil go with Torque Drive
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 03:06 PM   #31
lamp210

Drives: chevy camaro
hello everyone i have been reading all these posts about the tranny fluid so with that said, i have a new 2023 zl1 with 2000 miles on it ok it shifted pretty well with the oem fluid in there but i changed all three fluids read diff motor and tranny so in the tranny i went with the termec HP-MTF and it seems to be worse as far as being notchy and hard to get in 1st 2nd when cold i live in a colder climate (upper northern Michigan)i dose seem to get better when fully warmed up bit it takes along time to get there i am thinking on trying amsoil as i have had good luck with it in other applications. just my 2cents.
lamp210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:35 PM   #32
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp210 View Post
hello everyone i have been reading all these posts about the tranny fluid so with that said, i have a new 2023 zl1 with 2000 miles on it ok it shifted pretty well with the oem fluid in there but i changed all three fluids read diff motor and tranny so in the tranny i went with the termec HP-MTF and it seems to be worse as far as being notchy and hard to get in 1st 2nd when cold i live in a colder climate (upper northern Michigan)i dose seem to get better when fully warmed up bit it takes along time to get there i am thinking on trying amsoil as i have had good luck with it in other applications. just my 2cents.
yep the HP-MTF is a thicker spec than Dexron III/GM manual transmission oil. Will not be as easy to shift in cold weather. I would switch back unless you're running your car at the track.