Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #1
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Help/advice on my future build

So I've decided to build my car and would like some help or advice on things I should include or exclude from my build. I've come up with a list of parts I would like to use. I'm looking to make a lot of power and have tried to include everything I can think of that I feel is necessary. Here's my list:
DSS 9” rear end, 3.45 gears, custom driveshaft
Jake’s Level 3 4L80 transmission, Stall converter
AGP Twin turbo kit, 1600cc injectors, MSD voltage booster, 64/66 BallB Precision turbos (1400whp), endurance race core w/black coating, 4L80 mod kit, cold air intake, catch can kit
Texas Speed 416 stroker kit, specs:
BTR custom spec’d cam
Alky Methanol system, 4 gallon trunk fuel cell, MAP sensor, twin nozzles
Fore Innovations Level 3, triple pump system, LS3 fuel rails, Walbro GSS342 primary fuel pump, F90000267 secondary/tertiary fuel pumps, FC2 Controller with 6 gauge wiring, Startlite -10 Feed, -8 Return, stainless steel filtration media, filter monitoring gauge and fitting, Flex fuel sensor intercept fittings, DSX flex fuel kit
BMR chromoly lower control arms, 1.25” drop springs, toe rods polyurethane bushings, rear trailing arms w/ spherical bearings
Tuned for 50% 94 octane and 50% E85
I currently don't have the stroker kit spec'd out yet but will be soon. Any and all help/advice is greatly appreciated!
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would spare the drop springs and go with good rear adjustable struts to be able to fine tune the rear with launch and go with good Thick anti roll bars I am not sure how the rear lines up but their are other parts to help. Frankly with a stroker for real power its small bore LS7 style heads for improved flow; and most likely a lsx iron block to go to major boost with a good forged lower comp ratio rotating assembly over the stock cast in sleeve block but hey its ok to go with the heads you have and the block you have but in reality the blocks only bare like $1400 for a ls3 and most stroker rings usually for a minor .005 hone as the blocks only good to .020 over hone with our sleeves unfortunately its like a throw away unfortunately IMO. Realistically your going to have to be stiff out back to counter the torque and driving on drag radials for the drags if that's what your aiming for. Depending on the wheels you may want to reconsider lowering unless...? For sure I would wrap the headers to prevent heat stroke on the starter . Good Luck. I like some of the carbon fiber hoods too with a good scoop provision that some can actually fit a CAI industries air box that would be cool also. There has been a fellow on here for a while not too long ago, I think in Texas...? whos done twin walbros and sounds like he had some trouble you may want to check some old posts here in the engine section etc about them....
Old 09-25-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
StevenBateman

I was considering going for a new block, but I've already got a decent amount invested in this one with the parts for my cam which I'll still be able to use when I spec out a new cam. The Texas speed stroker kits aren't very expensive, obviously depending on what parts you go with of course. I'll most certainly take it to the track, I'd say I'd be around 30% track and 70% street as I don't have a track that's very close, probably an hour and a half away. I'd be getting a different set of wheels for the track and would keep the ones I've got now for city driving.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

Old 09-26-2017, 06:50 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
A nice stroker cam made for a stroker with a longer duration would be nice.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #5
StevenBateman

I love my btr cam that I've got now, so I think I'll work with them on getting something custom made