Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
Evoking

Drives: 15 GX460, 15 Lambo Huracan, 13 E
1LE with Huracan?

After much deliberation on what to replace my mint CL55 serving as the daily toy flanking my Huracan... I decided to go BMW M2. I considered M6, M4 Cab, M3, e92 Cab, 911 C2/4S!

Criteria was: Must make me smile when driving. Have a backseat for my 2 year old and one in oven. Must be manual. I also considered ZL1-1LE cause I LOVE how it looks. But figured I may not want a 2nd American car (have a big block 68 Charger).

Well couple days ago I drove one. WOW! Had no idea it would be so fun and offer so much feel!

Anyone who even slightly assumes that the 1LE must feel heavy and lacking in feel, feedback or visceral excitement compared to say a Porsche GT3 or even certain M cars simply has never driven one! WOW... The steering/ turn-in rivals if not bests the M2 especially considering the 1LE’s monumental all out grip. The sound. The power. The perfect shifter. It all comes together like it’s floating on its toes like a-la Sugar Ray. No an all-star shortstop ready to... or a hockey player switching directions on a whim - no, like MJ breaking ankles. Whatever, take your pick or fill in your blank. Damn, did I mention the sound? The power? 650hp seemingly everywhere. And 4 seats... really? This thing is the deal of the decade. A force that no driving enthusiast can ignore... picking the next daily driver just got much much harder.

So here are my questions:

1) I generally hate fender gap on my cars. Is there a way to lower the 1LE? I know the front can come down 18mm - hope that’s enough. And will the back look too high of not adjustable?

2) any regret the purchase?

3)any idea whether the 1LE hold value better or worse than regular ZL1. I don’t buy new cars as investments but curious. On the one hand there are fewer of them but also a narrower market...

4) any 1LE owners mod exhaust or wheels?
05 CL55 AMG

Last edited by Evoking; 04-21-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Evoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
Mcardenal

Drives: 2018 Nightfall Gray Metalic ZL1 A10
Gender gap?
Mcardenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
1. The OEM suspension allows front height adjustment, and are no magnetic FYI.
2. Only you can answer that after ownership
3. It will likely do a tad better than a base ZL1 but neither will hold any sort of meaningful value.
4. Many do.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #4
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Love my 1LE, I'm in the opposite boat as I'm getting a huracan by the end of this year.

Personally I wouldn't lower my 1LE, the front bumper has a very low clearance to start with.

No regrets I love the car is amazing, everything you mentioned is right on the money.

My ZL1 is completely stock and will stay that way. Went with full expel clear bar as I'm sure you have on the huracan.

Side note you have a great taste in cars!

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #5
Evoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
1. The OEM suspension allows front height adjustment, and are no magnetic FYI.
2. Only you can answer that after ownership
3. It will likely do a tad better than a base ZL1 but neither will hold any sort of meaningful value.
4. Many do.
The rear is adjustable?

Regarding #3... gen 5 1LE’s seem to hold value surprisingly well. Probably proportionally similar to CTS-V. Why do you say they do not hold any meaningful value?
05 CL55 AMG
Old 04-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #6
Evoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Love my 1LE, I'm in the opposite boat as I'm getting a huracan by the end of this year.

Personally I wouldn't lower my 1LE, the front bumper has a very low clearance to start with.

No regrets I love the car is amazing, everything you mentioned is right on the money.

My ZL1 is completely stock and will stay that way. Went with full expel clear bar as I'm sure you have on the huracan.

Side note you have a great taste in cars!
Thanks. Regarding the height I’m used to super low in Huracan with adjustable Novitec springs... about 2” off the ground... though it has a hydraulic lift up front so I never scrape!
Attached Images

05 CL55 AMG

Last edited by Evoking; 04-21-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:23 PM   #7
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
1LE does not have magnetic dampers

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #8
Evoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
1LE does not have magnetic dampers
My bad! Meant Multimatic DSSV dampers. I learned they were different from regular ZL1 firsthand on the drive. I asked the about the differences and he seemed to think it was only body bits, wheels and tires. He pulled the sticker and it listed the dampers - so he learned real-time they are different as well.
05 CL55 AMG
Old 04-22-2018, 12:19 AM   #9
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoking View Post
The rear is adjustable?

Regarding #3... gen 5 1LE’s seem to hold value surprisingly well. Probably proportionally similar to CTS-V. Why do you say they do not hold any meaningful value?
The rear is not height adjustable, the rear sway bar allows for stiffness adjustment.

Define meaningful value. I wouldn’t define it looking at gen 5 1LE resell. Nobody can predict the future....but it isn’t an ultra ultra low production, and there was even a like-new white one for sale on this board that didn’t seem to move for over a month, for significantly less than new ones.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
So here are my questions:

1) I generally hate fender gap on my cars. Is there a way to lower the 1LE? I know the front can come down 18mm - hope that’s enough. And will the back look too high of not adjustable?

Could run a slightly taller tire ( worked great going from 30 to 35 series)

2) any regret the purchase?

Maybe A10 VS. manual 6 or Maybe not wanting the stiff ride all the time!

3)any idea whether the 1LE hold value better or worse than regular ZL1. I don’t buy new cars as investments but curious. On the one hand there are fewer of them but also a narrower market...

Zl1 and Zl1 1le seem to be holding the same as of now looking at autotrader.. the key was not to buy 1st ones out when supply was low and idiots paying 5 to 10k over sticker 1le option is best bang for the buck period.

4) any 1LE owners mod exhaust or wheels? I think there is one 18" wheel that will fit or if ya have money I'm sure Forgeline or HRE can machine something

So far I helped my friend put on his Corsa Extreme and the Phastek Performance mated a Borla X pipe.. Very limited number of people going all out headers so there not tuning to mess with warranty.. Borla in my opinion is the way to go if you were doing headers so you can still control the baffles in the NPP.

Here's my friends car.. for 3k and loss of warranty you could make a badazz 1le add about 150 rwhp to 700 lol

https://youtu.be/oZiMEKZuFbw

Catch Netflix Fastest cars the Lambo takes it spoiler alert!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote