Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2021, 08:44 AM   #29
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
IMO, no one here should be telling this guy to replace the hood wrap when we can't see it in person. There's no way you or anyone else here can tell that by the picture.
IMO you shouldn't be sending people on a fool's errand chasing down products to try that they have to spend thier hard-earned money on unless you know damned well they are going to work.

And there very well is a way I can tell that from the photo, it has something to do with experience. That's why I pointed it out, made it very clear. Simple, just because you can't tell doesn't mean you should be projecting that onto others.

And see above, 3M's recommended method didn't work. Want to know why? Because the rubbing changed the texture, and it will have to be replaced to look perfect.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:05 AM   #30
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
IMO you shouldn't be sending people on a fool's errand chasing down products to try that they have to spend thier hard-earned money on unless you know damned well they are going to work.

And there very well is a way I can tell that from the photo, it has something to do with experience. That's why I pointed it out, made it very clear. Simple, just because you can't tell doesn't mean you should be projecting that onto others.

And see above, 3M's recommended method didn't work. Want to know why? Because the rubbing changed the texture, and it will have to be replaced to look perfect.

Ok genius. FFS.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #31
NeverDie
Account Suspended

lol awww
Old 03-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #32
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
lol awww
Aww? You should probably pm me if you really have something to say. I'm sure you won't though.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:53 AM   #33
NeverDie
Account Suspended

The point of this thread is to actually help the person asking the question, what is it that you have to hide?

And, why didn't you PM this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Ok genius. FFS.
?

Is this some kind of bizarre projection that isn't working? In your mind is it acceptable to call someone names and curse at them when you can't defend your position? Wild. It's too bad you've let yourself get upset and go to this level, but your emotional well being is not my responsibility. Thanks and have a great day!
Old 03-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #34
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I got this for my wife

Name:  google.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  33.1 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #35
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
Ughh, wow....

That matte hood was a huge reason I had opted out of the 1LE package...
What a pain. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, OP.

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:02 PM   #36
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Something to consider...

I have similar matte stripes on my 50th Anniversary car. Not too long ago, I had it in the shop to replace the front splitter which I damaged during an unfortunate drive-thru lane incident. The car sat outdoors in the shop's yard after the repair for part of a day and it rained a bit, so it got some water spots on the vinyl. I spent a few days researching online to find a product that might get them out, but didn't find anything I was comfortable buying right away.

In the meantime, it rained again after I got the car back from the shop and my car was parked outside my dad's house in the rain while I was visiting him. When I got home it was cold and dark, so I pulled into the garage and decided I would worry about it "tomorrow."

Well, the next day, I pulled the car out of the garage and the spots were gone! My sense is that they were very visible initially because the water sat on very specific spots on the stripe. Once the entire stripe was more evenly wet, it seemed to dry more evenly and I can't see the spots any more (it's like they were never there!).

This is just a theory and I could be completely wrong, but it costs you nothing to try something similar before spending a ton of money.

Two variables to consider:

1. My car is almost always garaged.

2. I have a ceramic coating on my car, including the matte stripes, which might have made the difference.

Hope this helps...

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:35 PM   #37
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Tomorrow I will have my cleaner for it. I'll give that a shot and then off to my buddy's to have him try to fix it. He called his detailer and the detaier said clean it first, then hit it with a heat gun. If that doesn't work, he said he'd replace it for me. Fingers crossed...
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:05 PM   #38
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Ughh, wow....

That matte hood was a huge reason I had opted out of the 1LE package...
What a pain. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, OP.

Matte wrap on hood can be easily removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:06 PM   #39
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_White View Post
Tomorrow I will have my cleaner for it. I'll give that a shot and then off to my buddy's to have him try to fix it. He called his detailer and the detaier said clean it first, then hit it with a heat gun. If that doesn't work, he said he'd replace it for me. Fingers crossed...
Ok, man I hope for the best for you and if it works - come back here and saay "Fran F-YOU"!

But I am with the ones on here that are saying, it is a piece of "Vinyl" it is toast.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #40
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I used the matte detailer from Chemical Guys on my Gen 5. Worked great for water spots and such. I would have a wrap shop remove or just heat it with a blow dryer and do it yourself. I don't do matte or satin finish on anything anymore.
This is not a warranty repair, this is damage. Just get rid of it.
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote