Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-31-2018, 06:48 PM   #1
69pro-touring

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Service Suspension System

Recently my '17 ZL1 (stock MRC dampers and springs) has thrown the "Service Suspension System" message a few times. It has so far always occurred while cruising at highway speeds and you can immediately feel the MRC system turn off - the ride goes from smooth over expansion joints to bouncy over these and other small road imperfections. However, after a period of time and usually a restart or two the message no longer comes up and the MRC system goes back to normal.

I've searched through the forums but the only threads I've found were on 5th gen ZL1's having the issue after dyno testing due to a broken ride height sensor or arm. I was under the car changing the oil this past weekend and was able to check out the ride height sensors - all appeared to be intact and the connectors secure.

Has anyone had this issue intermittently or any idea what could be causing it to happen? Thanks in advance!
69pro-touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
My 2016 SS has displayed that message several times a few months ago but hasn’t come back on lately. I just wonder if the road conditions might have caused mine to come on. My SS has MRC too. My advice would be to get your ZL1 checked out by the dealer if it keeps displaying the message!
Old 11-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #3
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Ok, I know this thread is almost 2yrs old, but I just got this message again!
I had this message about a year ago and had the dealer look at it under warranty, they looked at it twice replacing the front right sensor and pigtail, and now I have it again.
They said they didn't know why it happened and it wasn't a recall or a TSB, but I did find this on the web last night:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...26981-9999.pdf

Has anyone else experienced this?
If so, was it resolved and how?

TIA!
Old 12-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #4
69pro-touring

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
SSS CODE

Sorry I don't have anymore information as the issue didn't present again after the first few times, but very curious as to what the solution is - please let us know after you get it resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Ok, I know this thread is almost 2yrs old, but I just got this message again!
I had this message about a year ago and had the dealer look at it under warranty, they looked at it twice replacing the front right sensor and pigtail, and now I have it again.
They said they didn't know why it happened and it wasn't a recall or a TSB, but I did find this on the web last night:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...26981-9999.pdf

Has anyone else experienced this?
If so, was it resolved and how?

TIA!
69pro-touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #5
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
i had the same message pop up on mine intermittently and would go away, the dealer pulled code of open circuit on the front ride height sensor. I bought a new one it was 30 bucks i believe and put it on in 20min my self no more messages since then
this for the right but its the part you are looking for probably
https://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-parts...bC12OC1nYXM%3D
Attached Images

2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mrc service system message