Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-06-2018, 12:28 AM   #1
propwashed

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
'18 SS 1LE w/ Gary's vented fenders!!!

Just wanted to give you guys a look at my new 1LE I picked up a couple months ago. I contacted Gary (who used to do a bunch of vented fender mods on the Gen 5's) this is the first set or one of I believe of his fender kits installed on a 6th Gen. Turned out really nice. There is a problem with doing this on the new Camaros however. the massive washer fluid tank is located in the right side fender and must be removed for these to fit. I'll have to come up with a much smaller tank and custom fit it inside the fender at some point. Any ideas would be helpful. heres a few picks:
Attached Images

propwashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
SociallyAwk

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Damn that looks good!
Old 05-06-2018, 04:19 AM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
looks good.ive seen a 5th gen with them here in florida and wondered where he got them.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:51 AM   #4
Mrfixxit7

Drives: FIFTY 2SS Callaway
That looks good.
Mrfixxit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:47 AM   #5
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Looks good..

Did you have to take the bumper off inorder to remove the fender ?
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
propwashed

You could leave the bumper on but I wanted to de chrome the front bow tie so removing the bumper is necessary to unclip the front badge. there are tons pf screws/fasteners holding all this together. Fenders and and bumper removal/replacement took a buddy and I about six hours of rapid wrenching.

Here's a pic of that massive washerfluid tank
Attached Images

Last edited by propwashed; 05-06-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 05-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #7
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Likey like Any info or testing done by Gary or otherwise on the flow/temp characteristics with these added? Any contact info for the fender kits, for when they become more readily available?
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #8
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Thanks bud ! I’m installing my fenders next weekend so trying to get prepared lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by propwashed View Post
You could leave the bumper on but I wanted to de chrome the front bow tie so removing the bumper is necessary to unclip the front badge. there are tons pf screws/fasteners holding all this together. Fenders and and bumper removal/replacement took a buddy and I about six hours of rapid wrenching.

Here's a pic of that massive washerfluid tank
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #9
propwashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Likey like Any info or testing done by Gary or otherwise on the flow/temp characteristics with these added? Any contact info for the fender kits, for when they become more readily available?
The are really just ascetic considering you would want to install the wheel well liners which block any airflow from the vents. if you would open up the liner for the vent to "breath", i think you would get a bunch of road debris blasting through and onto your paint. I'm sure they could be made functional with some custom ducting.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
propwashed

When I contacted Gary regarding these fenders he was just in the process of setting up his new body shop in Florida. He had started a set and was in the final stages of fabrication. I went ahead and ordered them and he had them to me painted in about three weeks. I know he took a pretty long break fabbing these after the initial gen 5 kits to get his new shop up and running. Gary is a super cool dude and really came through with these for me. As far as pricing, schedule, availability... you would need to give him a call at 850-866-8883.

Keep in mind this is really a side project for him due to his enthusiasm in the camaro world and he runs a complete auto body and paint shop day to day.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:19 PM   #11
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Very good, cosmetic it is. Ty for sharing the contact info too... Looks good tho!
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #12
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Man those sure look good! And thank you for all the pics!!!!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #13
orange10s.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propwashed View Post
Just wanted to give you guys a look at my new 1LE I picked up a couple months ago. I contacted Gary (who used to do a bunch of vented fender mods on the Gen 5's) this is the first set or one of I believe of his fender kits installed on a 6th Gen. Turned out really nice. There is a problem with doing this on the new Camaros however. the massive washer fluid tank is located in the right side fender and must be removed for these to fit. I'll have to come up with a much smaller tank and custom fit it inside the fender at some point. Any ideas would be helpful. heres a few picks:
They look SWEET!!!!!
Old 05-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #14
orange10s.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
We can make u some anytime your ready!!!