Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
BRM ZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Borla Atak NPP

So I have a new Borla Atak Npp cat back installed with the new valves and the secondary cat delete. It sounds great with the valves open but it sounds like its rattling with the valves closed in stealth mode. Anyone else with this system can tell me if this sounds normal. Thanks
https://youtu.be/ZSyzW4e_cRc
BRM ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
mild2wild

Drives: 2017 1LE
It's hard to tell for sure without being there in person, but the sound reminds me of a friend's car that has a little rattling because of the headers and x-pipe on the car.
mild2wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
The moral of this story is to never, ever run in stealth mode.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #4
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM ZL1 View Post
So I have a new Borla Atak Npp cat back installed with the new valves and the secondary cat delete. It sounds great with the valves open but it sounds like its rattling with the valves closed in stealth mode. Anyone else with this system can tell me if this sounds normal. Thanks
https://youtu.be/ZSyzW4e_cRc
This happens on the stock NPP exhaust as well. You can contact Borla directly and they'll take care of you. They have good customer service from what I've heard.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:12 PM   #5
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
I had a borla exhaust on my sti before my camaro. One of the welds came off a bracket. Called up and they couldn't have been better customer service out there. I sent them a few pics of the problem with my reciept, and they sent me an ENTIRE exhaust system to replace it. They told me I could do whatever I wanted with the old one. A million mile warranty is the shit and they couldn't be more helpful. Call asap dude, they are awesome. I'd have the same exact setup as you if it wasn't an arm and a leg, but I'm saving up for it!
Old 07-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
BRM ZL1

Thanks I did contact them and they said it was normal. I guess I should always run in track mode lol.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #7
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Doesn't sound too bad. My stock one is rattling again under load, not as loud at idle as before, but I expect it to get worse.

When did you receive the exhaust (have they started shipping their "revised" valve systems)? I think they weee using the crappy OEM valves and that caused their (and everyone's) issue.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #8
BRM ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAUSA View Post
Doesn't sound too bad. My stock one is rattling again under load, not as loud at idle as before, but I expect it to get worse.

When did you receive the exhaust (have they started shipping their "revised" valve systems)? I think they weee using the crappy OEM valves and that caused their (and everyone's) issue.
I just got it installed at the chevy show in Carlisle PA June 24. I did confirm with the Borla rep that this was the new system with the new valves design.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Good luck! If Borla solves this crappy valve issue, I'll buy their S exhaust!
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM ZL1 View Post
Thanks I did contact them and they said it was normal. I guess I should always run in track mode lol.
Rattling isn't normal. I would call back and make a stink about it. Not only is it not normal, but they made a revised part to correct it. Making a part to correct something normal? Gl!