Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-25-2020, 10:11 AM   #15
jtengr87

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Hey guys,

Want to give an update for those interested. Murph18 looked out and sold me his 2300. Yesterday I was able to sell the damaged 2300 to a performance shop. I assume they have the expertise to repair the supercharger. In all it looks like a loss of just a few hundred dollars. Lesson learned

Thanks again murph18!
Looking at installing the 1st weekend in December cant wait!
jtengr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #16
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Great to hear, good job Murph
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #17
flyinmach1

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS Riverside Blue
jtengr87, how'd the install of the Maggie 2300 go? I'm looking to do the very same SC install myself, just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks to make it all go easier. Instructions look to be very well written so that most anyone could do it. Only thing that has me even the slightest bit concerned is getting the crank pulley off and back on, and properly torqued. Everything else looks to be just a matter of time and labor.
flyinmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #18
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Why can't a machine shop re-cut the O-ring groove after the weld?

They aren't going to fill the whole groove up, just the area where the crack is and it will have to be milled any way from heat/distortion.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #19
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtengr87 View Post
Hey guys,

Want to give an update for those interested. Murph18 looked out and sold me his 2300. Yesterday I was able to sell the damaged 2300 to a performance shop. I assume they have the expertise to repair the supercharger. In all it looks like a loss of just a few hundred dollars. Lesson learned

Thanks again murph18!
Looking at installing the 1st weekend in December cant wait!
Glad to hear something is working out.
I live like 30 mins from you. We should hit some backroads when you're set up
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:35 AM   #20
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinmach1 View Post
jtengr87, how'd the install of the Maggie 2300 go? I'm looking to do the very same SC install myself, just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks to make it all go easier. Instructions look to be very well written so that most anyone could do it. Only thing that has me even the slightest bit concerned is getting the crank pulley off and back on, and properly torqued. Everything else looks to be just a matter of time and labor.

Flynmach1, you’ll have a great time installing a Maggie 2300. The instructions are excellent, and the blower and all related components fit as well as OEM parts. I did notice one or two errors in the instructions. They instructed you to do something on the left side when is should have been right or vice versa. I intended to let Magnuson know, but was too lazy to do it. Either way, it was so obvious as to which side of the car you were working on, that it did not cause any confusion.
The balancer isn’t too bad. If you heat the bolt head with a heat gun, then use a stout impact gun it will come right out. Borrow a Chrysler balancer puller from AutoZone to remove the pulley. Rather than torqueing the replacement bolt, then tightening however many degrees it calls for, you can torque it, mark the bolt/balancer and hit it with the impact gun to achieve the additional bolt rotation. Unless you remove the starter and install a locking tool, it’s damn near impossible to get the extra rotation on the bolt by hand.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #21
jtengr87

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinmach1 View Post
I missed ordering the fuel pump line from superchargers online. I put my order in before christmas and still have yet to get the part. So the car has been sitting with everything installed but the supercharger.

I must say this is one of the more pleasurable installs I've done.

I replaced the stock crank seal. Its a bit of a pita to get out. But while your in there might as well.

Good luck on your install!
Old 01-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #22
jtengr87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Why can't a machine shop re-cut the O-ring groove after the weld?

They aren't going to fill the whole groove up, just the area where the crack is and it will have to be milled any way from heat/distortion.
I think your solution would work. Cast aluminum is fixed all the time. If I knew a really good shop in my area, I would have likely just got it repaired. I got the impression the guy/shop I was planning to look at the repair didn't possess the expertise I needed.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #23
jtengr87

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
Glad to hear something is working out.
I live like 30 mins from you. We should hit some backroads when you're set up
Man I live in pooler, ga. Really close to savannah, ga. I come to the atl area from time to time the camaro only gets to come when Im not hauling the family.

But I'll let you know for sure. I plan to put all the miles on the camaro I can.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:56 AM   #24
L78toLT1

hey jtengr87, you should be okay reusing your existing fuel line although, I'd probably wait on the new one since you already have ordered. I've reused mine twice with no issues. It has been on for 10K miles since I installed it for the 2nd time.

If you get the chance, drop by Roebling sometime this weekend. I'll be there for the NASA track day Saturday and Sunday. I'll be the guy sitting there all by my lonesome. Three of my Camaro buddies were coming with me but every damn one of them either has the virus or is quarantining due to someone else in their family testing positive.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
Old 01-13-2021, 07:25 AM   #25
jtengr87

Hey L78toLT1,

Man don't tell me that! I assumed the stock line would not work due to it needing to flex a bit for the supercharger to sit without obstruction.

I'll see if I can knock out my honey dos this weekend. The track is pretty much right up the street from me. looking at your mods sounds like they didn't want to get taken to the cleaners.

Hope everyone has a quick recovery!
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #26
L78toLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtengr87 View Post
Hey L78toLT1,

Man don't tell me that! I assumed the stock line would not work due to it needing to flex a bit for the supercharger to sit without obstruction.

I'll see if I can knock out my honey dos this weekend. The track is pretty much right up the street from me. looking at your mods sounds like they didn't want to get taken to the cleaners.

Hope everyone has a quick recovery!
I was mistaken on the fuel line. I thought you were referring to the hard line that runs between the hpfp and injector rails. For some reason gm does not recommend reusing that one. I honestly can't remember any details on the line in your pics. Does Magnuson provide a different one in their kit?
Old 01-13-2021, 08:42 AM   #27
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
We tried reusing my stock fuel line in the valley and it leaked. Replaced it and no problems since.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:35 AM   #28
L78toLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
We tried reusing my stock fuel line in the valley and it leaked. Replaced it and no problems since.
Apparently reusing that line is a crap shoot. I'm two for two but I don't think I'll risk going for three