Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Whipple guys that upgraded their TB's

Any guys upgrade to a larger TB on this PD? If so which one and did you have to order an adapter plate from Whipple for it?

Thanks,
Joe
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Any guys upgrade to a larger TB on this PD? If so which one and did you have to order an adapter plate from Whipple for it?

Thanks,
Joe
K-tech makes a 103 TB and Whipple has the Adapters, we can provide both for you.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
Joe's_cool_1le

Thanks Ted. Trying to keep it with my builder because he tunes it and only installs equipment that he purchases. I could do the install and have him tune I'm guessing but I also need to do larger lower pulley (I have some larger uppers). He has forged the engine (upgraded lots of other comments), reduced compression, custom cam, LT4 fuel system and installed a McLoed 1200hp RXT twin disc clutch and flywheel so I'm definitely following his lead since we are both vested in this build. If things change and I look to install it myself I'll definitely reach out to you.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 05-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Thanks Ted. Trying to keep it with my builder because he tunes it and only installs equipment that he purchases. I could do the install and have him tune I'm guessing but I also need to do larger lower pulley (I have some larger uppers). He has forged the engine (upgraded lots of other comments), reduced compression, custom cam, LT4 fuel system and installed a McLoed 1200hp RXT twin disc clutch and flywheel so I'm definitely following his lead since we are both vested in this build. If things change and I look to install it myself I'll definitely reach out to you.
What kind of numbers you putting down now man?
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:30 AM   #5
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
What kind of numbers you putting down now man?
I'm still south of 700 right now. I lost a bunch of PSI after going catless and went to 10:5:1. Gave them the smallest pulley I had (3.125) and now have slippage and really need to go with the 8" lower and crank that boost up. With this new setup the car keeps gaining just before it hits 7000 rpms. Builder noticed that the stock TB would really benefit from going to a 103mm with letting the engine breathe and let the PD be more efficient which will reduce heat.

The tune is conservative too. You can run without meth and hit low 12's AFR and 11.0 with meth on.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
You running e85 as well? I’m at a 3.25 pulley I’ll have to change the lower one next as well. Are you using the green gates belt? The cam probably didn’t help with boost either.
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #7
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
You running e85 as well? I’m at a 3.25 pulley I’ll have to change the lower one next as well. Are you using the green gates belt? The cam probably didn’t help with boost either.
No e85 yet. Problem in Va Beach is that we only have one station/one pump and it is empty quite a bit. Maybe I'll go e85 and buy a bunch of containers but seems like a pain. Funny though, we have a Facebook page for e85 in the area and people post saying whether it is working or not. And some say to test it even if it has the bag over it because they say some put that on just to keep people away.

I looked at purchasing the green belt but knowing that I'm about to change pulleys I figured I'd wait and see if I'd need a new size.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:12 AM   #8
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Doesn't ADM have a 92 mm TB?
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote