Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #29
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Oh, and your FU to them is simply not nice. They aren't doing a thing to you.
Yeah, actually they are. Just like a lot of things I grew up with - and again, I'm not old at 41 I still have a lot of life left - they're taking much of America that even I grew up with away from us. You're pretty blind or naive if you don't see it. It's like, you do your thing and we'll do our thing too. Maybe I'm sounding a little too "get off my lawn" but again, I'm only 41, I still have 20 years to work and I don't have gray hair yet (it is thinning a little though)

Look, as much as people don't like the (no politics), we've had enough of the "you need to stop driving a loud, pollutant car and being mean to people" attitude. America was founded on principles of being a kcid to people who try to boss us around. If I don't like someone not only do I not have to like them, I can tell them to their face what I think of them. It's my opinion and until someone renders the Constitution, uh, unconstitutional I'm pretty sure I still have that right. Those people probably never listened to Led Zeppelin. Do you? Or are you more of a Yanni type?

The car is about the greatest self expression of person freedom there is. Gottlieb Daimler might have invented it, and Henry Ford might have perfected the production of it, but John DeLorean and Lee Iacocca made it TRULY American. We need more men like THEM designing cars. There is NOTHING wrong with enjoying life with ladies, drinks, and parties if what you is brilliant and mind blowing. Just ask Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. There's too many pinhead stuck up pocket-protector types designing cars now. We need to loosen up the office.

Let the nerds have their cute little roustabouts that drive themselves and run on electric and cry when someone says "boo" to them.

Let Europe have their little mopeds on 4 wheels.

For the rest of us who still have a modicum of testosterone, keep the V8 gas only engine with a true 3 pedal stick. Because that is all some of us will ever drive.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #30
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
Look at the Yellow Vest riots in Paris right now. France is already the highest taxed of the OECD countries. The citizens just blew up over Global Elitist Progressive Liberal President Macron trying to impose another fuel tax for his “global warming” agenda. Never mind that French carbon emissions are low to begin with. And there is Trump, who pulled us out of the Paris climate agreement, telling Macron in response to the riots “I told you so.” Plus, the US is already a global leader in lowering emissions thanks to natural gas. Meanwhile, Al Gore STILL runs up an electric bill at his Nashville home that is over 20 times that of the average American’s electric bill annually. The Macrons and Gores are completely (perhaps deliberately) out of touch with reality. Any surprise that Paris erupted this week?
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #31
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Yeah, actually they are. Just like a lot of things I grew up with - and again, I'm not old at 41 I still have a lot of life left - they're taking much of America that even I grew up with away from us. You're pretty blind or naive if you don't see it. It's like, you do your thing and we'll do our thing too. Maybe I'm sounding a little too "get off my lawn" but again, I'm only 41, I still have 20 years to work and I don't have gray hair yet (it is thinning a little though)

Look, as much as people don't like the (no politics), we've had enough of the "you need to stop driving a loud, pollutant car and being mean to people" attitude. America was founded on principles of being a kcid to people who try to boss us around. If I don't like someone not only do I not have to like them, I can tell them to their face what I think of them. It's my opinion and until someone renders the Constitution, uh, unconstitutional I'm pretty sure I still have that right. Those people probably never listened to Led Zeppelin. Do you? Or are you more of a Yanni type?

The car is about the greatest self expression of person freedom there is. Gottlieb Daimler might have invented it, and Henry Ford might have perfected the production of it, but John DeLorean and Lee Iacocca made it TRULY American. We need more men like THEM designing cars. There is NOTHING wrong with enjoying life with ladies, drinks, and parties if what you is brilliant and mind blowing. Just ask Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. There's too many pinhead stuck up pocket-protector types designing cars now. We need to loosen up the office.

Let the nerds have their cute little roustabouts that drive themselves and run on electric and cry when someone says "boo" to them.

For the rest of us who still have a modicum of testosterone, keep the V8 gas only engine with a true 3 pedal stick. Because that is all some of us will ever drive.
Oh I get it. Your vent is wayyyyy beyond ADAS and Electrification. Neither of those have much to with your last comments. Other than somehow you seem to think it is a responsibility to go out of your way to tell people you don’t like......that you don’t like them.

And I have no idea where it’s either Zepplin or whoever Yanni is. Thought that was a street magician. I really hope you enjoy far more than Zepplin. Great band but soooooo much more to enjoy.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #32
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
i love trees

wah wah wah the liberals snif snif snif wah wah wah... hilarious.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #33
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Oh I get it. Your vent is wayyyyy beyond ADAS and Electrification. Neither of those have much to with your last comments. Other than somehow you seem to think it is a responsibility to go out of your way to tell people you don’t like......that you don’t like them.

And I have no idea where it’s either Zepplin or whoever Yanni is. Thought that was a street magician. I really hope you enjoy far more than Zepplin. Great band but soooooo much more to enjoy.
My point about Zep is that they represent true freedom. Rock out with the music, the women, the private jets, the booze..... did you know Bonham was clocked doing 118 down Hollywood Boulevard in his brand new ‘73 Trans Am 455 that he had just picked up from the dealer? When he was pulled over he got out of the car, opened the hood, and proceeded to tell the officer all about that amazing HD 455 (of course being from England they had nothing like it at the time). When the cop realized who it was he let him off with a warning.

THAT’S the spirit of American cars!!

Also, im a bit surprised you didn’t bother to google Yanni before you replied.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #34
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
i love trees

wah wah wah the liberals snif snif snif wah wah wah... hilarious.
I purposely bought a house with no trees on the property.

Mainly because I hate raking leaves.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #35
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
I purposely bought a house with no trees on the property.

Mainly because I hate raking leaves.
well, i find that a perfectly legit reason not to have trees. I bought a house that has tremendous views in the back, unfortunately, my neighbors are morons and planted as many trees as they could, blocking the their view, and to some extent mine.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #36
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Amen brother! I am so sick and tired of being told what to drive and the government dictating what type of cars to be built! EVs are not in high demand and I have zero desire driving one! If I wanted a boring get me from point A to point B vehicle I would takd some sort of mass transit...and I am too far from old and not young, same age. We need to stop trying to replicate what countries in Europe do and all of these other weak nations, just get back to being American, especially in our Auto industry.

I want a 7th gen or a C8, but I am sure sadly that this may be one of the last pure ICE generations for both, if they ever go to full EV count me out!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #37
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well lets just agree to disagree on the amount of oil left. The population of the planet will double in 50 years. It is not limitless no matter how much you would like to convince yourself of that. How long it lasts? Well for the ICE hold outs, the more EVs on the road the longer the oil will last.

To be clear, I really enjoy driving. I don't need a clutch for that as the DCT in my Audi S4 was a far greater driving experience. And as much as the audio "can" be a part of it, it doesn't keep me from enjoying driving any less.

I likely won't have an EV anytime soon. But people that care enough to come to websites and talk cars are dwindling.

Oh, and your FU to them is simply not nice. They aren't doing a thing to you.
You do realize how most electricity is made in this country, right?...with fossil fuels! Electricity does not just out of the air limitless. EV vehicles using unproven batteries is not some sort of answer to take ICEs, so much oil that has not been even tapped into yet, that is changing thank God!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #38
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Amen brother! I am so sick and tired of being told what to drive and the government dictating what type of cars to be built! EVs are not in high demand and I have zero desire driving one! If I wanted a boring get me from point A to point B vehicle I would takd some sort of mass transit...and I am too far from old and not young, same age. We need to stop trying to replicate what countries in Europe do and all of these other weak nations, just get back to being American, especially in our Auto industry.

I want a 7th gen or a C8, but I am sure sadly that this may be one of the last pure ICE generations for both, if they ever go to full EV count me out!
It’s just sickening and maddening how politicians and crying politically correct pinheads have taken over and dictated the car industry. We are not Europe. I love driving my Camaro all the time, to work, to the grocery store, to the hardware store, in bad weather, it’s my everyday driver. If I have fun with it it drops below 20 mpg but you know what? Who cares????
Old 12-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #39
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I still miss Led Zeppelin.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #40
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:

I'm very sure that if the members of Led Zepplin knew you were invoking their name in defense of the "rock and roll lifestyle" and somehow conflating that with driving internal combustion engines, they'd laugh at your naivete. "Ladies, drinks, and parties?" LOL.

I love my SS as much as anyone here. And I actually agree with your points. I think batteries are a fundamentally stupid way to power a car. But that was one of the most cringe-worthy posts I've read in quite a while, mainly owing to the reactionary judgemental tone. You owe it to your arguments to do them more justice!

Also, fear not. I believe that mass ethanol production will enable the ICE to live on, far into the future, for those who want one.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #41
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
I'm very sure that if the members of Led Zepplin knew you were invoking their name in defense of the "rock and roll lifestyle" and somehow conflating that with driving internal combustion engines, they'd laugh at your naivete. "Ladies, drinks, and parties?" LOL.

I love my SS as much as anyone here. And I actually agree with your points. I think batteries are a fundamentally stupid way to power a car. But that was one of the most cringe-worthy posts I've read in quite a while, mainly owing to the reactionary judgemental tone. You owe it to your arguments to do them more justice!

Also, fear not. I believe that mass ethanol production will enable the ICE to live on, far into the future, for those who want one.
Oh come on don’t be such a snob. I owe nothing to my arguments, they’re crystal clear.

Besides, Cadillac used “Rock n Roll” in their ads when they first released the V series. I think if anyone needs to do their arguments more justice it’s YOU!!!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:07 PM   #42
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Ethanol is on it's way out. Too costly to produce for what you get . Always has been and no way to fix it. The subsidies run out in 2020 or 2021 and are not to be renewed at this point. Farmers are getting paid to grow corn instead of more profitable options because the.gov is paying out the ass for them to grow it. A lot of the farmers in our area have already stopped cause the crap ain't worth it.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote