Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-03-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Convertible rear cradle bushings

Has anyone done ZLE/Chevy Performance solid cradle bushings on their Vert yet??? Or, might know if the fitment is the same as the coupe? Thanks
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
driven2exceSS

Anyone? Does anyone know if the rear sub cradle is the same?? Somebody has got to have the knowledge, or resources to confirm this on our forum, no??
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 08-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #3
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Anyone? Does anyone know if the rear sub cradle is the same?? Somebody has got to have the knowledge, or resources to confirm this on our forum, no??
Not sure, but probably the same. You can go to any number of GM wholesale parts websites though and see if the rear cradle part# is the same.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:00 PM   #4
driven2exceSS

Yeah. I have started comparing some video images to mine, and can see a difference in the lateral bracing at the rear of the cradle/rear bushing area. But the bushings and cradle probably are the same?? I guess I'll have to find out one way or another here on my own. Was really hoping at least one of the Drag guys that are running built Verts would have gone down this road already, or someone (GM associated) would know right off hand that they are indeed crossable, without much effort. Or for that matter, even could come forward and say although they are crossable it's a total waste of time on the convertible because.... this, that, and the other thing.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #5
driven2exceSS

Well as far as convertibles, GM does address the convertible chassis variation(s) in the GMPP Aluminum Solid Cradle Bushing instructions, states (w/pics) about removing the convertible cross bracing etc... So that's promising
Old 08-14-2020, 11:00 AM   #6
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Have you contacted Chevrolet Performance?
http://https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #7
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Have you contacted Chevrolet Performance?
http://https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts
Haha, No. That would make too much sense. I just went ahead and ordered them. I'm in the "middle" of the install. But can confirm they have fit so far! The drivers front is in, and the drivers lower rear. Stopping for few to go run an errand, then lunch
Old 08-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #8
driven2exceSS

*CONFIRMED*... GMPP aluminum solid cradle bushings indeed fit the convertible chassis.

FWIW, I received an email this morning that GM Performance Motor.com now has like 20 kits in stock, for those looking to also make the upgrade. This not for the typical Sunday cruiser, it is a "performance part". Hope this helps someone else that duel purposes their vert.

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/P..._Code=84341929
Old 08-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #9
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
*CONFIRMED*... GMPP aluminum solid cradle bushings indeed fit the convertible chassis.

FWIW, I received an email this morning that GM Performance Motor.com now has like 20 kits in stock, for those looking to also make the upgrade. This not for the typical Sunday cruiser, it is a "performance part". Hope this helps someone else that duel purposes their vert.

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/P..._Code=84341929
So what do you think...Worth it? Difficult install?
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #10
driven2exceSS

Honestly, the only drive so far after the install was a few miles up the road to get some other work done. Install was not the most fun I had working on the car, but looking back I'd most likely tackle it again if the next Camaro isn't a ZLE. I do think I felt it being tighter and "planted" on the (2) on/off ramps but I don't know if that was placebo? And, I was going easy on the first drive to make sure it was GTG. I am hoping to get it back soon to drive it a bit more and see more of its road manners. But the real test, to get the full effect, is coming up at the Glen in about two weeks. Lyk!
Old 08-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #11
Chutzpah

Quote:
Honestly, the only drive so far after the install was a few miles up the road to get some other work done. Install was not the most fun I had working on the car, but looking back I'd most likely tackle it again if the next Camaro isn't a ZLE. I do think I felt it being tighter and "planted" on the (2) on/off ramps but I don't know if that was placebo? And, I was going easy on the first drive to make sure it was GTG. I am hoping to get it back soon to drive it a bit more and see more of its road manners. But the real test, to get the full effect, is coming up at the Glen in about two weeks. Lyk!
Ok, let us know how you make out!
Old 09-17-2020, 10:35 PM   #12
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Ok, let us know how you make out!
To follow up on the thoughts and how it all worked out... The first session on track I felt the car was much quicker to respond to "steering" inputs, or "transitions" on track, and called for smoother inputs. It was kinda awkward at first, but quickly became predictable and precise, and I became one with the car in short time. I didn't know I was missing anything before doing install, but it became very clear I was. The car is tighter and more compliant to all inputs. Now to be further transparent, I also changed more than the solid cradle bushings before my track event. I added more rear neg camber now being able to dial in the toe with BMR adjustable toe rods, and got a great deal on BMR (non-adjustable) upper/lower trailing arms, and upper control arms. Not excited about the nearly 8lbs of added weight from the BMR components. But overall, I'm definitely happy with the solid feel, and relate it mostly to the GMPP solid cradle bushings.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #13
Chutzpah

Quote:
To follow up on the thoughts and how it all worked out... The first session on track I felt the car was much quicker to respond to "steering" inputs, or "transitions" on track, and called for smoother inputs. It was kinda awkward at first, but quickly became predictable and precise, and I became one with the car in short time. I didn't know I was missing anything before doing install, but it became very clear I was. The car is tighter and more compliant to all inputs. Now to be further transparent, I also changed more than the solid cradle bushings before my track event. I added more rear neg camber now being able to dial in the toe with BMR adjustable toe rods, and got a great deal on BMR (non-adjustable) upper/lower trailing arms, and upper control arms. Not excited about the nearly 8lbs of added weight from the BMR components. But overall, I'm definitely happy with the solid feel, and relate it mostly to the GMPP solid cradle bushings.

Excellent news, can you tell any difference on the street? Or just pushing hard at the track?
Old 09-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #14
driven2exceSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Excellent news, can you tell any difference on the street? Or just pushing hard at the track?
Yes Sir, it is noticeably more "crisp" in response to steering on the street and feels more "solid". Car and suspension, and tires, all dancing in unison from 0-150+mph.